Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
TBH if it's a 1 year deal it will go great. he's amazing on the ice, definitely a top-line forward. just don't keep him around long enough for the entire locker room to turn on him :P

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
271722685_5056449997744322_5040305494269892289_n.jpg

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
The fact that this shithead still gets another chance at earning a million dollar salary because he's good at skating around the ice with a rubber disc says volumes about the "character" of league executives.

Unfortunately GMs and coaches only get their next contract if they win games. They'll take chances on people like Kane for low cost to increase those chances of job security.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I feel bad for whoever signs him.

I don't even wish it on the Golden Knights, and I hate the Golden Knights.

I don't think there's a risk for the rest of the year. The risk is if anyone gives him a longer term deal in the offseason. Kane will behave long enough to fool someone else into thinking he's worth the trouble on big money.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
The fact that this shithead still gets another chance at earning a million dollar salary because he's good at skating around the ice with a rubber disc says volumes about the "character" of league executives.

The fact that you look at it as skating with a rubber disc and not what it actually is, a business, is telling of your insight.

The risk reward is what is being weight by teams right now but he could be the difference between getting to the next round in the playoffs for a team which results in millions of dollars or he could be a headcase in the locker room and make a negative impact. Like every investment there is risk to all signings.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Vegas should start a line as soon as he is signed …
How long till Kane does something stupid in the new city he just signed in…
Put odds on it…
First week
First month
Are the police involved

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He has already signed with the Oilers by the sounds of it. That is what Holland is parading around the NHL.
I wouldn't assume much right now. As an Oiler fan I'd rather not think about the odds of it happening. If Kane does sign elsewhere it sounds bad for us if we were strutting around like we had him. And plus he is a mixed bag in terms of excitement of getting him. He might be an impact player but he might be a bad distraction at the worst time

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
But somehow you guys have no issue with Captain underpants....
Why would anyone? David Pilkey is an excellent author of children's books. Indecently, one of our players once underwear mooned a security guard in his Arizona apartment complex. not really related though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad