LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I may need some popcorn to watch this play out.

Found a bag big enough:

popcorn.0.0.png
giphy.gif

Reactions: Chainshot

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
McJesus will be ecstatic when Holland tells him they got Kaner!

Until he realizes it's Evander.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is the NHL. Chicago got a 2.5M slap in the wrist for the Bleach case. Kane is probably getting 5 games lol

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
he signed? link?

didn't the grievance stuff need to be sorted out first?

EDIT: Kaplan says the signing can still happen:

Last edited:

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
he signed? link?

didn't the grievance stuff need to be sorted out first?

EDIT: Kaplan says the signing can still happen:

That tweet is from 2 days ago. It wouldn't be Kane's grievance that would hold up a deal, it would be the NHL's investigation into his latest (alleged) Covid protocol breach. It doesn't make sense for the Oilers to sign him if he ends up getting another lengthy suspension.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That tweet is from 2 days ago. It wouldn't be Kane's grievance that would hold up a deal, it would be the NHL's investigation into his latest (alleged) Covid protocol breach. It doesn't make sense for the Oilers to sign him if he ends up getting another lengthy suspension.

If Kane gets a league wide suspension for the rest of the year (or significant games) two things will happen:

1. The NHLPA will appeal and it will get reduced, and
2. The Oilers will sign him the day his suspension is over

That is my guess.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

if that happens, nhlpa will appeal and it won't be lengthy

holland is probably talking to daly about it now to get this all over with

djc

Jul 12, 2011
Evander Kane is a good hockey player but a self centered teammate. He alienated players on the Jets, the Sabers and the Sharks - after a few years, very few players on these teams wanted to play with him. Holland talks about second chances - it's Kane's fourth chance - and what does Holland think has changed in Evander Kane that warrants another chance?

I get that Kane the hockey player would be a valuable addition to the Oilers but three other organizations could not moderate Kane's 'personality' and it appears his presence on these teams was disruptive and a negative influence.

As a Jets fan, I always like to see the Oilers lose but I do not want to see this team adversely affected by Evander Kane - a two year contract max. for this player; preferably a one year contract with an option. Kane will perform on the ice but that it is not what fans should concentrate on - it is his attitude in the locker room that matters.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Evander Kane is a good hockey player but a self centered teammate. He alienated players on the Jets, the Sabers and the Sharks - after a few years, very few players on these teams wanted to play with him. Holland talks about second chances - it's Kane's fourth chance - and what does Holland think has changed in Evander Kane that warrants another chance?

I get that Kane the hockey player would be a valuable addition to the Oilers but three other organizations could not moderate Kane's 'personality' and it appears his presence on these teams was disruptive and a negative influence.

As a Jets fan, I always like to see the Oilers lose but I do not want to see this team adversely affected by Evander Kane - a two year contract max. for this player; preferably a one year contract with an option. Kane will perform on the ice but that it is not what fans should concentrate on - it is his attitude in the locker room that matters.

Desperate times in EDM for sure. One year is what we should expect if Holland has any common sense left.

As for reigning him in, here is what one NHL assistant told the Athletic about EK:

“He’s a prototypical power forward that can score. He’s legit tough. Now your leadership group needs to be strong enough to tell Kane to go f*** himself when he goes off the rails and management needs to support that.”

Do the Oil have a guy/guys like that? Do they care? Seems not, but this is a results-driven league and there is no denying he will produce on the ice.

Everything else is being swept under the rug.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Signing Kane for the rest of the season for cheap ? Low risk with potential big reward. Just don't give him a big contract afterwards.

Same with TDA. Yeah he's having a great year with the Canes at the moment. Don't trust that will continue next year. Not one bit

There's talented asshats in pretty much every sport that only work out temporary. The trick is to be the team that they use to temporary boost their value for their next deal and never be the team who is foolish enough to hand out the big deal after another temporary resurgence.

Reactions: Mickey the mouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad