Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Handicap Bouch's playmaking by Nurse creating chaos all night when he's out. Nurse needs a more stay home defender that can keep leaning to covering for his chaos. Then we handicap Ekholm by taking away the elite playmaking on his pair. Last time Ek had to babysit a young D, he was sent off as a cap dump with lots of term left on his deal.

Dunno if that will work out too well overall. Emberson might be the stay home guy that could work with Nurse. If not, Bowman has work to do still.
Ekholm was sent off as a cap dump?

What?

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I would like to see us re sign Bouchard this summer. I don't see much reason why we would want to wait

I highly doubt Knoblauch will separate Bouchard and Ekholm. We did that last year for a bit at the start and it was one of many initiatives we did that crashed and burned

Ekholm wasn't healthy enough at the beginning of the season to give it a proper try.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Redundant because they picked up the amazing McDonagh and Ekholm had a weak season 1 year into his new 4 year deal. Then they end up dumping McDonagh, which is kinda funny.
He still wasn’t a cap dump.

He brought back 2 first rounders

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He still wasn’t a cap dump.

He brought back 2 first rounders

Having to get Barrie off our cap was part of the cost. And Schaefer was already looking like a weak pick taking a step back from his draft year. Was basically for a 1st. For a D we desperately needed with 3 years left on his deal, that's pretty generous of Nashville. Although, they wanted him off the books.

IMO, trading a regular roster player, especially someone you developed their whole career, with years left on their deal for magic beans is cap dumping. If we were to trade Kane this season for a 1st and some cheap 3rd liner to a team desperate for some scoring to prepare for the summer, I'd call that a cap dump as well.

Last edited:

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Moreso with the reported ask of 11M.

Where do you think the number actually lands?

Seider at $8.55M really helps IMO. You obviously wouldn't expect the Bouchard camp to admit it, but Seider is the better all around defender and we are only paying for two additional UFA years given Bouchard's bridge.

I'm thinking high 9's. Like 9.7M, that has a nice ring to it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seider at $8.55M really helps IMO. You obviously wouldn't expect the Bouchard camp to admit it, but Seider is the better all around defender and we are only paying for two additional UFA years given Bouchard's bridge.

I'm thinking high 9's. Like 9.7M, that has a nice ring to it.

Seider struggled the 2 seasons after his rookie year. Not a sniff of playoffs while Bouch blew the doors off in 2 playoff runs already. 21 more points than any other D the last 2 playoff years. 9 more than anyone the last 3 playoffs.

1727200442119.png

Dobson needs a deal next summer too, and Lou has been pretty generous these days for whatever reason. But also, Dobson probably won't get a sniff in playoffs either. If he does, he managed 3 assists in his last 2 playoffs.

If Dobson gets tossed ~10M, we are hooped I think. 11M+ for sure if Bouch can follow up last year. If the cap increase is massive, makes it even harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Seider struggled the 2 seasons after his rookie year. Not a sniff of playoffs while Bouch blew the doors off in 2 playoff runs already. 21 more points than any other D the last 2 playoff years. 9 more than anyone the last 3 playoffs.

View attachment 909282

Dobson needs a deal next summer too, and Lou has been pretty generous these days for whatever reason. But also, Dobson probably won't get a sniff in playoffs either. If he does, he managed 3 assists in his last 2 playoffs.

If Dobson gets tossed ~10M, we are hooped I think. 11M+ for sure if Bouch can follow up last year. If the cap increase is massive, makes it even harder.

Errrrgh...

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Moreso with the reported ask of 11M.

Where do you think the number actually lands?
Honestly closer to $10M, personally I'm happy with $11M, he's worth it, no question in my mind, but I expect him to go in a $11M, the team might start around $9-9.5M then meet around the middle.

Can't say for certain, but if you're the organization you cannot let this linger over $500K-$1M per.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

View attachment 909282

Yes, getting Bouchard done before Dobson will be important for Bouchard's overall cap hit for this team imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad