Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

ijuka

May 14, 2016
All-time record. I knew it. Both my predictions came true, both McDavid and Bouchard breaking the all-time assist records for forwards and defensemen, respectively.

Still can't believe how many people downplay him like it's their profession. Guy's stats are insane, and a couple of bad games here and there don't outweigh the enormous body of work, both in the playoffs and the regular season.

And keep in mind, he's still 24, and defensemen usually take a while to marinate and get truly going. Really glad that he's proving me right, since I was defending him all the way back when he was first getting into the lineup.

Mainly because he's not the traditional speedster and is more hockey IQ-based, and I just really like players that play more subtly like this. He's still not a finished product but there's so much room for growth and I'm confident next season will be even better.

That people say he's a "Tyson Barrie" or something similar just is so offensive, but I'm sure he'll shut down the doubters. Eventually.

Oh, but.. damn, that bridge is looking really brutal right now. Wish Oilers had had as much faith in him as I did. Still, I think that this is one guy you absolutely have to keep. Him and McDavid are the absolutes, no matter what, if you ask me.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
All-time record. I knew it. Both my predictions came true, both McDavid and Bouchard breaking the all-time assist records for forwards and defensemen, respectively.

Still can't believe how many people downplay him like it's their profession. Guy's stats are insane, and a couple of bad games here and there don't outweigh the enormous body of work, both in the playoffs and the regular season.

And keep in mind, he's still 24, and defensemen usually take a while to marinate and get truly going. Really glad that he's proving me right, since I was defending him all the way back when he was first getting into the lineup.

Mainly because he's not the traditional speedster and is more hockey IQ-based, and I just really like players that play more subtly like this. He's still not a finished product but there's so much room for growth and I'm confident next season will be even better.

That people say he's a "Tyson Barrie" or something similar just is so offensive, but I'm sure he'll shut down the doubters. Eventually.

Oh, but.. damn, that bridge is looking really brutal right now. Wish Oilers had had as much faith in him as I did. Still, I think that this is one guy you absolutely have to keep. Him and McDavid are the absolutes, no matter what, if you ask me.
Solid assessment, the bridge is tough, but the cap, currently, doesn't work without it, so I understand, even if it it's a bit rough in the end.

Reactions: Oilhawks

badi

Jan 21, 2008

Nobody thinks he is similar to Barrie
He is elite offensively and already better much better than average on defense with a lot room to grow
You sign this guy for 8 years ASAP

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
A mere three assists in the SCF last night. The bum.
He had a great game last night. It doesn't excuse his other poor performances tho.

We have one more game like this and man it starts to get real pretty quick. Seems like Bouchard shooting more on the PP night be the answer to cracking their aggressive PK.

It for sure shows the potential is there for him to keep growing and rounding out his game. Hopefully game 6 we get this Bouchard showing up.

This is for sure true. Defensemen peak way later.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
With Nurse littering the team with some of the worst hockey in history, the resident Bouchard hater looks to single out Bouch for mistakes and isolate him as the reason we may lose. Lol.
ZomboMeme 19062024091803.jpg

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He had a great game last night. It doesn't excuse his other poor performances tho.

We have one more game like this and man it starts to get real pretty quick. Seems like Bouchard shooting more on the PP night be the answer to cracking their aggressive PK.

It for sure shows the potential is there for him to keep growing and rounding out his game. Hopefully game 6 we get this Bouchard showing up.

This is for sure true. Defensemen peak way later.
He has shot on the PK, even hitting some posts

You choose to cherry pick. So today he's ok in your books cuz he got one thru and took shots

The other loss he was garbage cuz he took shots and got blocked, but you conveniently left out he almost tied it with a crossbar

The funny thing is, the shot attempts haven't changed...only your horrible game assessments have

It's like Hockey for Dummies, but not in a lamen terms kinda way

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He has shot on the PK, even hitting some posts

You choose to cherry pick. So today he's ok in your books cuz he got one thru and took shots

The other loss he was garbage cuz he took shots and got blocked, but you conveniently left out he almost tied it with a crossbar

The funny thing is, the shot attempts haven't changed...only your horrible game assessments have

It's like Hockey for Dummies, but not in a lamen terms kinda way
Chill. I never once said the posts he hit were bad. I'm saying it's good he's shooting. I complimented him.

When I go after Bouchard it's because of his brain dead turnovers. (which have been present too often)

You just attack everything I say. Relax and go work on your grammar.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Chill. I never once said the posts he hit were bad. I'm saying it's good he's shooting. I complimented him.

When I go after Bouchard it's because of his brain dead turnovers. (which have been present too often)

When you post stuff like Bouchard costing us the cup, it’s easy to dispute your nonsense.

You’ve been waiting, hoping and expecting him to fail all playoffs long.

Without Bouchard we don’t even make the finals.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Nope. You definitely blasted him for blocked shots in those losses. Even called him a low IQ player for it

But you're a fan...amirite?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Sad his efforts didn't result in the big prize but the Bouch was probably the 2nd best player this entire playoffs and had arguably the most dominant playoff run for a defenseman I've ever witnessed. Including 2006 Pronger and 2022 Makar. Wish we'd signed him to a long-term deal for 7 million or so last summer but too late now. Still need to do everything we can to ensure Bouchard remains an Oiler, even if it means an 8 figure cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad