Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
It’s almost like elite D still make mistakes.

Did you see heiskanen on the McDavid goal?
All D make mistakes. Lots & lots of them. But if you (not you) are going to go beserk over Nurses f'ups, hold other dmen to the same standard every time they f'up.
Cause there are lots of them.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I said he's being playing great and has been key for us. You guys are just coming after what I say.
faking-injury.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It's because he still does suspect stuff with the puck in his own zone and nobody will talk about his faults. So I do.

With 11 seconds left or so Bouchard went to retrieve a Stars dump in. He immediately rimmed the puck around the boards without looking. Giving the puck to a Stars player. This play gave them a high danger shot on goal with seconds left.

Bouchard could have pinned the puck on the boards, could have skated the puck out, could have took a breathe and passed it to an Oiler. Instead he panicked, picked the worst possible play and gave Dallas life at the worst possible time.

That said he's been really impressive these playoffs and we wouldn't be here without him, so I gave him props, but you still can't help yourself but to knock me.
Literally the dumbest post made cuz Bouchard of every dman in an Oiler uniform refrains from rimming. While players like Nurse and Ceci default to this, he has made it a priority to not to, and that's why his stats reflect it

I know the exact play you mentioned, and he was under pressure on a full blown weak side lock. His outlet that's usually there wasn't. Also on an end of a shift. So suggesting he had NO on ice awareness is pure dunce cap

It just goes to show how much of a homer you are pointing this out in that instance without context. You point out a RARE rim suggesting this is a regularly occurrence by him having ZERO ice awareness. You also failed to breakdown the scenario

Truly laughable you tried to pin a play that he literally excels at by rarely rimming it OVER, and OVER, and OVER like other dmen, showing patience and making a short pass for a controlled breakout, and then painting it as if this isolated occurrence is a mistake he regularly makes by having NO ice awareness. His STRENGTH is awareness, hence the stats that back that up

Your understanding of the game is clearly lacking and more so, bias, hence the repeated horrible posts to discredit the player. Just another horrible take like the Foegle one you made in the LA series with zero clue how or why the play materialized

Last edited:

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Listen to these stats about Evan Bouchard...

he has the 2nd highest playoff points per game by an NHL Dman in NHL history (min. 20 games played) @ 1.15 ppg, only trailing Bobby Orr (1.24 ppg).

That's pretty crazy, but this next one is even crazier.

Evan Bouchard has 5 game winning goals in the playoffs at the age of 24, that puts him at 6th all time, and the leader is Paul Coffey with 8. It's hard to believe that Bouchard won't crush that number by the time his career is done.

He is elite dman, not just offensively, he really put it all together this year, I'm sure that Ekholm has helped his development a lot, and Coffey too. This guy might have the odd flub or giveaway, but he more than makes up for them with the amount of positive plays that he does make.

He's also 12th highest playoff ppg all time for all skaters (min. 20 games played), that's insane, just behind Jari Kurri.

The numbers that he is putting up are INSANE.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Literally the dumbest post made cuz Bouchard of every dman in an Oiler uniform refrains from rimming. While players like Nurse and Ceci default to this, he has made it a priority to not to, and that's why his stats reflect it

I know the exact play you mentioned, and he was under pressure on a full blown weak side lock. His outlet that's usually there wasn't. Also on an end of a shift. So suggesting he had NO on ice awareness is pure dunce cap

It just goes to show how much of a homer you are pointing this out in that instance without context. You point out a RARE rim suggesting this is a regularly occurrence by him having ZERO ice awareness. You also failed to breakdown the scenario

Truly laughable you tried to pin a play that he literally excels at by rarely rimming it OVER, and OVER, and OVER like other dmen, showing patience and making a short pass for a controlled breakout, and then painting it as if this isolated occurrence is a mistake he regularly makes by having NO ice awareness. His STRENGTH is awareness, hence the stats that back that up

Your understanding of the game is clearly lacking and more so, bias, hence the repeated horrible posts to discredit the player. Just another horrible take like the Foegle one you made in the LA series with zero clue how or why the play materialized
1. I said he's been playing great, has been key to us winning. Absolute beast out there.

2. This specific play had what 9 seconds left? Rimming the puck was absolutely the wrong move. Dallas got a high danger chance. This has nothing to do with Nurse/Ceci doing it at other moments of the game. Obviously Nurse and Ceci suck.

I pointed out a mistake Bouchard made and it made you have a conniption. Chill

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
1. I said he's been playing great, has been key to us winning. Absolute beast out there.

2. This specific play had what 9 seconds left? Rimming the puck was absolutely the wrong move. Dallas got a high danger chance. This has nothing to do with Nurse/Ceci doing it at other moments of the game. Obviously Nurse and Ceci suck.

I pointed out a mistake Bouchard made and it made you have a conniption. Chill
Yup big mistake. And notable because it’s one of the few ones he made. Still, hopefully someone is telling him he needs to eat the pressure and kill the clock in the corner.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He's now 5th all-time for points by a defenseman in a single playoff run. He has a legit shot at making it to 2nd all-time. Coffey's record is going to be tough to beat.

1. Coffey: 37 points
2. Leetch: 34 points
3. MacInnis: 31 points
4. Makar: 29 points
5. Bouchard: 27 points
If the series goes 6 or 7 he has a shot at Coffey, especially if Florida takes a fair number of penalties. And Paul Coffey was ridiculously good that year. It's really quite amazing what Bouchard has done.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
If the series goes 6 or 7 he has a shot at Coffey, especially if Florida takes a fair number of penalties. And Paul Coffey was ridiculously good that year. It's really quite amazing what Bouchard has done.
It was funny to see because I was surprised Bouch was the first to reach 20 points after 2 series, and I realized it was because the Edmonton Chicago series in the past was a SILLY SILLY series with so many goals that pushed up everyone's totals immensely hahaha.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's now 5th all-time for points by a defenseman in a single playoff run. He has a legit shot at making it to 2nd all-time. Coffey's record is going to be tough to beat.

1. Coffey: 37 points
2. Leetch: 34 points
3. MacInnis: 31 points
4. Makar: 29 points
5. Bouchard: 27 points
He will very likely own the cap-ear record by the time this series ends.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
This is an incredible stat. What's more is how easy Bouchard makes it look. You see him regularly launch missiles on net and just think of it as Bouchard doing his thing (at least I do) and then you see something like this and it really puts in into perspective. He's not flashy like Makar or Hughes and so it just seems so easy to take him for granted at times.

'Is Bouchard 2024 as good a run as Pronger 2006?' Is a legitimate conversation to have now. Never expected to say that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is an incredible stat. What's more is how easy Bouchard makes it look. You see him regularly launch missiles on net and just think of it as Bouchard doing his thing (at least I do) and then you see something like this and it really puts in into perspective. He's not flashy like Makar or Hughes and so it just seems so easy to take him for granted at times.

'Is Bouchard 2024 as good a run as Pronger 2006?' Is a legitimate conversation to have now. Never expected to say that.
Bouchard is an elite offensive Dman for sure.
Lets pump the brakes on the Pronger comparison though.

He is trending in that direction (in some respects) but he isnt there yet.
One of the things that made Pronger so effecive was that he was a mean player.
Bouchard just doent have that element.
The other thing was that you could literally stick any player with Pronger and he would make that player better.
Bouchard hasnt done that yet.

Lets have this conversation after Bouchard gets more seasons under his belt playing at a consistently elite (defenisve and offensive) level.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024

The other thing was that you could literally stick any player with Pronger and he would make that player better.

Lets have this conversation after Bouchard gets more seasons under his belt playing at a consistently elite (defenisve and offensive) level.
I guess you missed entirely the part about the playoff runs.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

More like Didbouchardrailshattenkirkshoesgirl, am I right?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Bouchard is a better offensive and possession defenseman that Pronger, no question in my mind. Pronger was better defensively and was a physical beast on the ice.

Bouchard will have to keep showing he has this level, but this level is an elite defenseman.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I guess you missed entirely the part about the playoff runs.
Nope.
I just want to see more games and more versatility with other D partners first.

Bouchard is a better offensive and possession defenseman that Pronger, no question in my mind. Pronger was better defensively and was a physical beast on the ice.

Bouchard will have to keep showing he has this level, but this level is an elite defenseman.
I mean its tough to compare eras and honeslty I dont really understand the need to do this comparision but Pronger is more of an impact player in all areas of the game than Bouchard is (right now) IMO.

That said I do agree with you that Bouchard will have to keep showing some elite consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nope.
I just want to see more games and more versatility with other D partners first.

I mean its tough to compare eras and honeslty I dont really understand the need to do this comparision but Pronger is more of an impact player in all areas of the game than Bouchard is (right now) IMO.

That said I do agree with you that Bouchard will have to keep showing some elite consistency.
If you didn’t miss him say the years, you’re just arguing a point he wasn’t making.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Right on. Amazingly, Pronger actually made Marc-Andre Bergeron look like an NHL player. At times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad