Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1717239335557.png

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I have to give props to Bouchard. He's really starting to put together a string of more complete games, the bad games seems few and far between.

He's been looking pretty solid lately on his own side of center.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Lol the compliment just had to come with a bit of a backhand.
Don't see it. If someone thought that Bouchard has been very good offensively but not quite there yet defensively, and now states that he has improved that perceived weakness of him, how is that a backhanded compliment?

A backhanded compliment would be something that praises his offensive skills while still talking negatively about his defense, not one that specifically acknowledges his improvement on the defensive side.

The only thing you could perhaps complain about, is that "pretty solid" might be an understatement when it comes to Bouchard's defensive play.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have to give props to Bouchard. He's really starting to put together a string of more complete games, the bad games seems few and far between.

He's been looking pretty solid lately on his own side of center.
This is idiotic, Bouchard has been the BEST defenseman in the playoffs and is a #1 defenseman.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Don't see it. If someone thought that Bouchard has been very good offensively but not quite there yet defensively, and now states that he has improved that perceived weakness of him, how is that a backhanded compliment?

A backhanded compliment would be something that praises his offensive skills while still talking negatively about his defense, not one that specifically acknowledges his improvement on the defensive side.

The only thing you could perhaps complain about, is that "pretty solid" might be an understatement when it comes to Bouchard's defensive play.
Sorry, I re-read the post now and see I misread it.

Comes with the poster's history of constantly putting the brakes on any praise for the player so I got a bit trigger happy.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You clearly havent followed that poster in his posting habits about bouchard.

If we win this series.

I can already predict a post wondering if Bouchard can keep it up against Florida/New York.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Holy shit, I went and looked and of the top 20, there's only one other dman on that list - Cale Makar at EIGHTEEN. What a f***ing player. UNREAL.

I was so happy we drafted him and I still never saw him becoming this good. Can you guys believe he had a muffin of a shot in his draft year?! His whole thing was sneaky wristers and amazing passing - I remember clear as day the best case scenario for development was John Carlson. And now he's f***in' better. Goddamn.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Holy shit, I went and looked and of the top 20, there's only one other dman on that list - Cale Makar at EIGHTEEN. What a f***ing player. UNREAL.

I was so happy we drafted him and I still never saw him becoming this good. Can you guys believe he had a muffin of a shot in his draft year?! His whole thing was sneaky wristers and amazing passing - I remember clear as day the best case scenario for development was John Carlson. And now he's f***in' better. Goddamn.
He’s never had a muffin of a shot

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I'm giving Bouchard props for shoring up his defensive game over an extended period of time.

It wasn't at all a backhanded comment.
You should stop he is 100% elite generational so far in playoffs he is ahead of players such as Kucherov , Peter Forsberg/ Crosby In PPG yeah he is a defenseman I find it hilarious a couple of posters in here are trying to knock his game. How can anyone take any of your posts on players serious with the brutal takes you have.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
You clearly havent followed that poster in his posting habits about bouchard.

If we win this series.

I can already predict a post wondering if Bouchard can keep it up against Florida/New York.
It's because he still does suspect stuff with the puck in his own zone and nobody will talk about his faults. So I do.

With 11 seconds left or so Bouchard went to retrieve a Stars dump in. He immediately rimmed the puck around the boards without looking. Giving the puck to a Stars player. This play gave them a high danger shot on goal with seconds left.

Bouchard could have pinned the puck on the boards, could have skated the puck out, could have took a breathe and passed it to an Oiler. Instead he panicked, picked the worst possible play and gave Dallas life at the worst possible time.

That said he's been really impressive these playoffs and we wouldn't be here without him, so I gave him props, but you still can't help yourself but to knock me.

• Haha
Reactions: bobbythebrain

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's because he still does suspect stuff with the puck in his own zone and nobody will talk about his faults. So I do.

With 11 seconds left or so Bouchard went to retrieve a Stars dump in. He immediately rimmed the puck around the boards without looking. Giving the puck to a Stars player. This play gave them a high danger shot on goal with seconds left.

Bouchard could have pinned the puck on the boards, could have skated the puck out, could have took a breathe and passed it to an Oiler. Instead he panicked, picked the worst possible play and gave Dallas life at the worst possible time.

That said he's been really impressive these playoffs and we wouldn't be here without him, so I gave him props, but you still can't help yourself but to knock me.
It’s almost like elite D still make mistakes.

Did you see heiskanen on the McDavid goal?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad