Evan Bouchard heating up.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Unfortunately oilers fans havent watched a true #1 elite defender play on their team so i dont blame them if they dont know what one looks like. Bouchard is like a better version of OEL in terms of offense
Have I died? Are all of my friends and family dead?! Where is my city?‽?‽?
What I’m saying is.. Chris Pronger played for the Oilers for a short time in 05-06. And he seemed to be in the cup finals more often than other elite defenders.

I’d take Prime Byfuglien even over your little tiny Hughes.

Reactions: andora

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Have I died? Are all of my friends and family dead?! Where is my city?‽?‽?
What I’m saying is.. Chris Pronger played for the Oilers for a short time in 05-06. And he seemed to be in the cup finals more often than other elite defenders
Why are you talking about 20 years ago? Am talking about the present and the past 5 or 6 years lol. You guys have forgotten what a #1D looks like. Its been a long time since pronger

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Why are you talking about 20 years ago? Am talking about the present and the past 5 or 6 years lol. You guys have forgotten what a #1D looks like. Its been a long time since pronger
Oh man you’re right..
If only there were video evidence I could look at to remind myself..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am in no way saying Bouch is better than Fox, Makar or Hughes. They are awesome.

However, on the PP side of things:

1702750903488.png

This is his peer group and he's first in it. Current 13 game point streak too!

I know, Connor is doing all the work and he's just standing still saying 'Go Connor Go'.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Bouchard offensively is insane. The D can be improved for sure, and I imagine it will. But I was on the side of thinking a bridge deal wasn't the right play for EDM, would have been wise to lock him down long term (if it was a possibility at the time).

So you’re betting $35 dollars and an Arby’s coupon?
Don't forget the loose shoelaces!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just when you think it can't get any worst and someone post this shit.
Ladies and Gentlemen we have the next Bobby Orr playing on the Oilers.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Help me understand... saying Bouchard has a harder shot than Hughes means the Oil fans think he's Bobby Orr?

Reactions: Dust

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Help me understand... saying Bouchard has a harder shot than Hughes means the Oil fans think he's Bobby Orr?
The post he quoted didn’t reference Bouchard having a harder shot.

No one is arguing that Bouchard loves his slap shot far more than Hughes does

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
The way he plays in his own zone is pretty offensive towards those who except NHL quality defensive play from the blueline, I'll give you that.

Do you ever get tired of parading around like all dmen need to be shut down players in their own zone or they're not dmen?

Do all forwards have to put up points to be a forward in your world as well?

Reactions: Czechboy

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Better shot =/= hardest shot

If you want a perimeter defenceman with a good slapshot you have Bouchard

If you want a good PPQB that can walk the line and create chaos with a deceptively fast snap shot you have Hughes

Bouchards typical shot is harder, that’s a given

He does have a better shot, that's not a knock on Quinn either. I think anyone implying that he's anywhere close to the player that Quinn is should be laughed out of the room though.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He does have a better shot, that's not a knock on Quinn either. I think anyone implying that he's anywhere close to the player that Quinn is should be laughed out of the room though.
He has a harder shot, but to say either one has a better shot is laughable. They have very different play styles and shot preferences

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He has a harder shot, but to say either one has a better shot is laughable. They have very different play styles and shot preferences

Nah, he has a better shot and I don't think it's that close. He's not even remotely close to being as good, but if he has one advantage, this is probably it other than being taller (see example Tyler Myers or Vincent Desharnais to find out how important that one is ;))

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Nah, he has a better shot and I don't think it's that close. He's not even remotely close to being as good, but if he has one advantage, this is probably it other than being taller (see example Tyler Myers or Vincent Desharnais to find out how important that one is ;))
Meh, everyone is entitled to an opinion

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He’s playing loose, he’s having fun and he’s starting to really light it up on the stat sheet. Is it time for the doubters to eat their crow when they were criticizing him incessantly earlier this season?
Absolutely atrocious defensibly but a guy with 32 in 27 is incredibly valuable no matter what

Reactions: Szechwan

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I've only caught a few Oilers games lately, but he hasn't looked nearly as horse poop defensively as he did before. Not sure what changed, but it's been noticeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad