Speculation: Evan Bouchard asking $11M AAV on his next deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
ya Dahlin is a great player but Bouchard outscored him at every strength, was on the ice for less GA and is a proven ELITE playoff performer, unlike Dahlin
he's getting that kind of money
Love Bouch but if you swap him and Dahlin one player gets much worse and the other stays the same skill wise. (hint, its not Bouch).

On the topic of signing Bouchard for 11 mill. If he puts up 80-90 points with a deep playoff run? Sure. I just don’t think you panic sign this. Wait until the TDL IMO.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What are you talking about? How can he get it now? For starters, he’s still signed for another year. Then we can revisit his ask next off-season and, if it’s still 11 mil and we don’t see him holding that value, then we go to arbitration where he can point to Dahlin (who most would agree is better than Bouch) and we can point to Makar, Heiskanen and Hughes. Unless a bunch of other Dmen sign for 10+ mil in that time, I would have to think an arbitrator sides with the 8-9 mil range.

I think most players walk away from arbitration hearings wishing they hadn’t gone that route (regardless of the decision) because of the nasty nature of the process. I think 2yrs x 8 is a fair bridge to get to UFA status. Then he can see his worth on the open market.
Well, clearly we're talking about his contract demands coming up, no? Hence "Evan Bouchard asking for 11m aav on his next deal."

How are you going to post "I would just offer him 2 yrs x 8 per. Tell him he’s leaving a little on the table for the opportunity to have earliest available UFA status." and then ask "How can he get it now?" Ugh, the same way he can sign the 2x8... He's not signed for another year. He's signed for this year which means a contract can be signed.

"The evidence that is allowed to be presented during these hearings included a player's performance/statistics, injury history, length of service, leadership qualities and contribution to the team's results." Sorry, but Dahlin is better than me but look at what he's making is not a valid arbitration argument.

The point was players don't really need UFA anymore to get their money. Maybe arbitration favors the lower side of 9. But that wasn't really the point. Acting like you're doing a player a favor to get to UFA faster and test the market doesn't really work.

Last edited:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
11Mx8 seems very reasonable. If comparable is Dahlin, who got 11M a year ago, the main variable for NHL salary - scoring - Bouchard is a bit ahead. Bouchard is also playoff tested. Could have even asked for something like 11.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad