Euro: Euro 2024: announced squads, pre-tournament friendlies etc.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
He’s referring to the period until 2014 (and for those fools who thought he was gifted the WC golden ball, the 2021 Copa), but at its apex in like 2009-2013 or so, where there were a lot of people clinging to an idea that Messi was a product of Xavi, Iniesta, and Guardiola and his supposedly “poor” performances for Argentina were proof of that. NT performance was a stick to beat Messi with for a long while.

Which is I think pretty clearly what he’s referring to, I suppose you got “he wasn’t making the team” from D2M’s reference to “wasn’t thought of as good enough for the national team”, and so refuted with him being in squads young, but context clues would’ve pretty blatantly indicated that he’s referring to people thinking that poor NT performance is reflective of his ‘real’ quality or smth rather than a national team not getting the most out of him
NT performance was a stick I beat Messi with for a long time. That doesn't mean I didn't think he was good enough for Argentina. That means I thought it kept him from being the greatest player of all time.

Besides, you can find nutjob opinions anywhere in the age of social media, that doesn't mean it was a consensus viewpoint. Clearly he was pretty much an automatic starter for Argentina past a certain point in time - well before the time period you indicate - and that's what ultimately matters. You're going to find immature idiots in every fan base, and certainly we know they exist in Argentina's fan base.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It definitely was not an Argentinian POV. Everyone that was not pro-messi was saying bullshit regarding the NT. Especially RM fans who had to grasp at any straws to defend that CR was at his level

Reactions: les Habs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Most of the football world agreed with the sentiment.
Don’t know too much about England or how foden has performed for the NT, I just know that if he isn’t performing good enough it’s because his coach is an idiot.
Foden is one of my favorite players...
Wild man... he's most fun to watch when he is unleashed and goes full wild man :laugh:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I was 6 months old :laugh:

That being said, I would have loved to have your comments on Ismael Koné in particular. Oh well, maybe another time :)
JPP bailing out Platini, smh

@Evilo Did you watch the game yesterday? If so, what are your impressions of Canada?
Canada played well to be fair, their offense is much less AD dependant

But France really played down to the level of their opponent tbh

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Canadians what are you using for streaming? I had a bad experience wasting $20 on the TSN app in the last World Cup because the quality was bad and the games would often take a full day or more to have the replay uploaded so I ended up using a VPN to watch the US streams on TubiTV.

This time I'm not sure, has the TSN app improved at all in terms of quality and how fast they post replays?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Canadians what are you using for streaming? I had a bad experience wasting $20 on the TSN app in the last World Cup because the quality was bad and the games would often take a full day or more to have the replay uploaded so I ended up using a VPN to watch the US streams on TubiTV.

This time I'm not sure, has the TSN app improved at all in terms of quality and how fast they post replays?
IPTV

Virtually any game in virtually any language. Fifteen bucks a month.
Oh, virtually every movie and TV series ever made available too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I have Bell fibe which is expensive but gets the job done. I'm away this weekend and have everything recording on there for when I get back home - works like a charm.

Sep 19, 2008
hmm FOX putting Ian Darke on Euros is great

I might actually watch, I Was planning to watch on Korean TV since the commentary there is much improved

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
IPTV

Virtually any game in virtually any language. Fifteen bucks a month.
Oh, virtually every movie and TV series ever made available too.

I have IPTV but I never watch live usually, I prefer replays.

TSN during the World Cup took like a full day+ to upload the stupid replays by which point it was pointless. Fubo has Prem games as soon as they end plus u can record, TubiTV in the US had WC ones up right away too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If I go a life time of never hearing that (song?) or what ever you want to call it again, it would be too soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00