Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He hired Weir and Phillips who by all accounts are excellent choices - who else should we blame ? The owner put good people in charge … I assume they did a competent job .. The Ottawa fans didn’t buy.

OSEG is bleeding money too… who do you want to blame there ? All sports teams in Ottawa are struggling for support.
What does this have to do with OSEG? Does OSEG have a charity they closed too?

Stop with the deflecting. Melnyk had total control over the foundation and failed, that's it. Sports teams-run charities closing is a very unique thing and he did it.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I’m not sure who posted it earlier (and I notice it was completely gaslighted by the usual suspects), but it was a long laundry list of things the charity (not at arms length from the Sens) has failed to show in its documentation.

So to recap.
1. The organization couldn’t/chose not to fund its own charity organization to get it off the ground. (What a show of strength and commitment!! Lol) They didn’t even believe in their own vision.
2. The organization hasn’t even organized its documentation for the charity enough for anyone looking just below the surface.

sounds like a real winner! Where do I sign up!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What does this have to do with OSEG? Does OSEG have a charity they closed too?

Stop with the deflecting. Melnyk had total control over the foundation and failed, that's it. Sports teams-run charities closing is a very unique thing and he did it.

Everywhere we look an Ottawa sport initiative is under funded by its fans.

It failed because fans didn’t buy tickets. Melynk hired Weir/Phillips. They ran it. Fans didn’t buy.

Was Melynk fault hiring Weir/Phillips ? I wouldn’t think that … by all accounts That seemed like a good idea to me. It appears Melnky make an excellent choice hiring those two. This city loves Phillips .

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It failed because fans didn’t buy tickets. Melynk hired Weir/Phillips. They ran it. Fans didn’t buy.

Was Melynk fault hiring Weir/Phillips ? That seems like a good idea to me. It appears Melnky make an excellent choice hiring those two. This city loves Phillips .
I don’t know what Weir/Phillips’ roles were, but I do know that Melnyk has more power than either of them did. People might give him the benefit of the doubt if he didn’t scare off every former player working for the Sens.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Obviously Weir/Phillips weren't the yes men Melnyk thought they would be l, so yes, it is his fault.

Feels like your are making that up. I haven’t seen anything to suggest Weir/Phillips weren’t given control to run the foundation.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t know what Weir/Phillips’ roles were, but I do know that Melnyk has more power than either of them did. People might give him the benefit of the doubt if he didn’t scare off every former player working for the Sens.

Melynk is an owner who sits in Barbados’s. He hired competent people to run the foundation. We all like Phillips and Phillips liked Weir. That’s enough for me.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

That didn’t happen. Phillips was involved and you didn’t buy any tickets while he was running the foundation. Neither did I. Once it was broke, they paused the foundation to stop bleeding money woth no hope
Of any revenue for months and Phillips decided to leave.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
not a chance as that would require accountability from the people in question.
Keep up the great work Ian.

Accountability to watch his podcast? Please
Tv personality is trying to sell zoom and has created controversy in hopes people will sign up and watch his zoom show.

I am sure he is a good guy or husband or father or whatever but you guys with the “journalistic integrity” are just over the top.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I really can’t get over the FACT that an NHL franchise launched an in house charity and couldn’t keep it afloat for 5 months.
I mean I feel sorry for the people who actually donated given they clearly had no belief in their own charity.

5 months. I mean lmfao.
Everything else is just bafflegab.
We’ll all hear from Katy Strang, or someone else the details behind Phillips and Weir so whatever...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Accountability to watch his podcast? Please
Tv personality is trying to sell zoom and has created controversy in hopes people will sign up and watch his zoom show.

I am sure he is a good guy or husband or father or whatever but you guys with the “journalistic integrity” are just over the top.
I will ask again, what show are you talking about? He wants to have a discussion over zoom, not a podcast, not something people can watch. Quit moving the goalposts.

You have a good idea though maybe Mendes can make it a pay per view show with all proceeds going to the Sens charity. Would you join him then since you are so concerned with the charity?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I really can’t get over the FACT that an NHL franchise launched an in house charity and couldn’t keep it afloat for 5 months.

A total shame we couldn’t properly fund it and it had to close up.

They could have done some neat things if they had 1/4 of the Cal, EDM, Van, MTL, or Toronto revenue.

I heard Calgary bought a bunch of kids Covid tech among other things.

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I will ask again, what show are you talking about? He wants to have a discussion over zoom, not a podcast, not something people can watch. Quit moving the goalposts.

No he wants you sign up to zoom and watch his presentation he is not letting random people named supsens and superlover5 shout out whatever they want, he is not having a private conversation
With people. He is putting on the mendes show

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Lacking the courage of your convictions. A short story in two parts.

Billionaires who launch an in-house charity and let it die 5 months later.

Criticizing the character and integrity of others, then fleeing from an opportunity to defend your comments to the the person you attacked.

Reactions: Bileur

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I’d like to see a study of billionaires who launch a charity and have them fail in 5 months.
I suspect the grand total is 1 in history. I’m open to being proven wrong.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Criticizing the character and integrity of others, then fleeing from an opportunity to defend your comments to the the person you attacked.

Did Mendes offer anyone an open mic in his show? All I saw was an invite to his Zoom presentation of his explanation of how media worked.

You are accusing people of gas lighting when you have many of these realities misconstrued in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad