Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Other people bid/make a pitch to use the sens and the NHL for their charity, not Melnyk not the sens
If it matters so much why does no one give money to support those people?
Weird “we demand a charity that can’t support itself”
Seems like Ottawa has a lot of demands with other people’s money
The Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation seems to be having no problems keeping itself afloat. It's only the in-house Senators Community Foundation that seems to be struggling. Interesting, isn't it?

Reactions: Dionysus

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Katie Strang is supposed to be coming out with an investigative report on the disfunction in the Sens organization over the past 5 years. Should be fun.

I'm really looking forward to:

- Reading a serious investigative piece on the mess that the Senators management and ownership is (or isn't? Haha)
- How the *censored* will throw mud at the reporter for not being fair and unbiased

Any idea when we can expect this piece to come out?

Reactions: Dionysus

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I don't understand why you guys care so much about a charity closing or any of the other stupid arguments that our owner gets into.
Seriously, this latest thing is what has ruined all of the positives from this past season? Really?
You guys are like the woke left; social justice warriors getting outraged over the smallest things that have nothing to do with hockey and most often without any facts to justify the anger. How about we focus on the team on the ice? Not good enough?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm really looking forward to:

- Reading a serious investigative piece on the mess that the Senators management and ownership is (or isn't? Haha)
- How the *censored* will throw mud at the reporter for not being fair and unbiased

Any idea when we can expect this piece to come out?
or a lawsuit.. later this summer is what they said on the most recent Locked on Senators Podcast

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't understand why you guys care so much about a charity closing or any of the other stupid arguments that our owner gets into.
Seriously, this latest thing is what has ruined all of the positives from this past season? Really?
You guys are like the woke left; social justice warriors getting outraged over the smallest things that have nothing to do with hockey and most often without any facts to justify the anger. How about we focus on the team on the ice? Not good enough?
I like supporting a team that supports its community. When its ability to support that community is hindered by internal power dynamics, that concerns me. You can be a fan of the team however you like, but how dare you tell anyone how to support a thing. It's a very personal choice and if you don't care that's your business.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean, it’s the off-season, and the franchise that runs the on ice product is making the headlines again for the wrong reasons.

It’s another prominent Sen leaving the charity wing of the organization, after a guy they lobbied to hire last summer was let go. Phillips was offered another role and turned it down, I wonder why? That sounds like the M.O of everything we’ve seen from front office and managerial workers for the Sens the past 10+ years, why wouldn’t it be talked about?

Amd woke left? How? The buzz word of the week.

If you want to focus on the team and on ice product, probably better to not go into the Melnyk lawsuits, rants, and more thread. Pretty self explanatory what will be written about in it.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

I care about injustice and I am not afraid or will not be shamed into not voicing that. We should not care about the injustice of the residential schools ; we should concern ourselves with how well a few of the graduates have done right.. I also happen to think that disfunction at the top will lead to instability down in the organization .. we now have a lame duck disgruntled coaching staff heading into a critical year for the on ice product.. How things are done at the top have a trickle effect through the entire organization which is not very big. You want your top players to commit long term .. they look at Phillips leave , the look at instability in the organization, the decisions blocking coaches from advancement .. it all plays a part in building a team and retaining good people. IMO you should be more concerned vs automatically taking a stance to defend ownership and management even when they have no real defense other than trying to shame people from caring about things that may seem outside the on ice product but that can very well effect the team

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I mean, it’s the off-season, and the franchise that runs the on ice product is making the headlines again for the wrong reasons.

It’s another prominent Sen leaving the charity wing of the organization, after a guy they lobbied to hire last summer was let go. Phillips was offered another role and turned it down, I wonder why? That sounds like the M.O of everything we’ve seen from front office and managerial workers for the Sens the past 10+ years, why wouldn’t it be talked about?

Amd woke left? How? The buzz word of the week.

If you want to focus on the team and on ice product, probably better to not go into the Melnyk lawsuits, rants, and more thread. Pretty self explanatory what will be written about in it.

I would imagine Philips have to work full time vrs making an appearance at the golf tourney for the same pay had something to do with it no?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What are your feelings about Colin White? I ask because your posting style is very similar to another poster that absolutely loves him.

He never should have been paid like that but that’s what happens when the fans demand you spend no matter the results.
I can’t imagine how long the next 7 years with EK and Dooche making 20+ million would feel..but hey people still complain and have hard feelings over that

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He never should have been paid like that but that’s what happens when the fans demand you spend no matter the results.
I can’t imagine how long the next 7 years with EK and Dooche making 20+ million would feel..but hey people still complain and have hard feelings over that
We maybe if they ever spent then we wouldnt be constantly be bitching about it....We had a great Kyle Turris and EK making a combined 10 mil for over 6 seasons,and we had the money in for money out budget crap....And barely spent over the 60 mil threshold...

So f***en right we have held EM and crew to his f***en word this time,it was his shoestring budget that has no agent/player wanting to cut him any sort of break at the negotiating table

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
We maybe if they ever spent then we wouldnt be constantly be bitching about it....We had a great Kyle Turris and EK making a combined 10 mil for over 6 seasons,and we had the money in for money out budget crap....And barely spent over the 60 mil threshold...

So f***en right we have held EM and crew to his f***en word this time,it was his shoestring budget that has no agent/player wanting to cut him any sort of break at the negotiating table

Did you notice the global pandemic that kept fans out of the building and shrunk the tv deal?
I hate to tell you but the windfall of Seattle money and new tv contract will be paying off the untold millions lost over the last two years.
No player is going to cut a deal if they have to live in a highly taxed cold weather Canadian city, Melnyk or not.
It must be nice to have such tunnel vision but the growth of the game makes it tough for teams like the sens to compete with the big dogs and that is never going away.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Did you notice the global pandemic that kept fans out of the building and shrunk the tv deal?
I hate to tell you but the windfall of Seattle money and new tv contract will be paying off the untold millions lost over the last two years.
No player is going to cut a deal if they have to live in a highly taxed cold weather Canadian city, Melnyk or not.
It must be nice to have such tunnel vision but the growth of the game makes it tough for teams like the sens to compete with the big dogs and that is never going away.
So we have been dealing with Covid for 10 seasons now??

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Here comes the slander.

Lol ya right nice try...
“Hey everyone he said people would rather be their own boss and do what they want on their own time instead of going to work for someone else every day “slander” “slander”
Nice try but nope. Why not shout racist bigot while your at it ?clearly that makes you right and me bad

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So we have been dealing with Covid for 10 seasons now??

Nope he has been dealing with a bunch of entitled people that think 1 guy should lose millions so they can be more entertained and “they” can be the best

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nope he has been dealing with a bunch of entitled people that think 1 guy should lose millions so they can be more entertained and “they” can be the best
Yep entitled...To keep my money ,just as Ruddy is entitled not to build EM a completely free stadium...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I would imagine Philips have to work full time vrs making an appearance at the golf tourney for the same pay had something to do with it no?
I guess this is the heel route you're taking on this topic?

Different than the usual stuff at least. Still terrible posts, but different at least. Extremely consistent, one of the most on the site

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yep entitled...To keep my money ,just as Ruddy is entitled not to build EM a completely free stadium...

I’m sorry was Ruddy offered the project no Melnyk no NHL ...wonder where he is now and I wonder why not

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I guess this is the heel route you're taking on this topic?

Different than the usual stuff at least

So you think that had no influence on his life choices at all?
You think he is like you guys walking around with nothing to think about other than “Melnyk done it” and has no other thoughts and he lives in a black and white world with “sides no matter what”
Doubt it

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So you think that had no influence on his life choices at all?
You think he is like you guys walking around with nothing to think about other than “Melnyk done it” and has no other thoughts and he lives in a black and white world with “sides no matter what”
Doubt it
I think the person he's working for and the way they treat people (begging Weir to head it up last summer and letting him go a month ago) has much more to do with it. Falls in line with the 20ish other people that left the organisation and the reasons they did.

But I'm sure it's because he didn;t want to work for his money, as that fits with Phillips personality so well :laugh:

Walks like a duck, acts like a duck, but I'm sure it's a Rhino

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hating on Melnyk is one thing but man Ruddy is an equal piece of garbage. There is no good guy in the Lebreton saga.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hating on Melnyk is one thing but man Ruddy is an equal piece of garbage. There is no good guy in the Lebreton saga.
I think they are both clowns for wasting everybodies time...But from what we heard EM expected from Ruddy I find it laughable when someone calls the fans here entitled by comparison to EM

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad