Apr 3, 2021

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Karlsson first team all star 5x to Hedman 1

Karlsson 3 Norris trophies to Hedman 1

Think it’s fine as is.
Hedmans ability to defend to Karlsson looking like a chicken with its head cut off in the defensive zone

Hedmans 2 cups and 1 Conn Smythe to Karlssons 0

Hedman being a physical monster while still being able to skate and produce offensively at an elite level

It isn't close, everyone knows Karlsson won his Norris' because of his offensive output, guys horrendous defensively

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Hedmans ability to defend to Karlsson looking like a chicken with its head cut off in the defensive zone

Hedman being a physical monster while still being able to skate and produce offensively at an elite level

It isn't close, everyone knows Karlsson won his Norris' because of his offensive output, guys horrendous defensively

Your argument appears to be "I know a lot more than the people voting for the awards".

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Your argument appears to be "I know a lot more than the people voting for the awards".
Poor assessment of my argument, my argument is Hedman won 2 cups and a playoff MVP and is significantly better defensively than Karlsson, while being slightly worse offensively.

It's not even close, straight up disrespectful to suggest Karlsson is better or was better.

Everyone knows the Norris was legit handed to him because he scored points, voters ignored how bad he was in his own end, literally just a handful of posters, mostly Sens fans that still try and debate that.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Poor assessment of my argument, my argument is Hedman won 2 cups and a playoff MVP and is significantly better defensively than Karlsson, while being slightly worse offensively.

It's not even close, straight up disrespectful to suggest Karlsson is better or was better.

Everyone knows the Norris was legit handed to him because he scored points, voters ignored how bad he was in his own end, literally just a handful of posters, mostly Sens fans that still try and debate that.

Your argument still appears to be "I know a lot more than the people voting for the awards", coupled with a bit of "other people can't understand my argument".

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Still 5x first team all star to Hedmans 1.
Hedman couldn’t get the second spot on the first team all star.?

Last edited:
Reactions: karltonian

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
At least it’s only ESPN. And since almost everyone understands that, there won’t be a lot of complaining or arguing about it. 😉😬

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Still 5x first team all star to Hedmans 1.
Hedman couldn’t get the second spot on the first team all star.?
I'll take 2 cups a conn smythe and elite 2 way D-man over Karlsson every single day of the week. His defensive flaws are way too big to ignore, if he was average defensively sure I could understand it. But the guy was literally Jake Gardiner bad defensively, we can't pretend like that isn't a thing.

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'll take 2 cups a conn smythe and elite 2 way D-man over Karlsson every single day of the week. His defensive flaws are way too big to ignore, if he was average defensively sure I could understand it. But the guy was literally Jake Gardiner bad defensively, we can't pretend like that isn't a thing.
I think that 2017 run for Ottawa, Karlsson was just as impactful, if not more so, than Hedman's performance in either Cup win. He almost took a Cinderella Sens team that had no business being out of the first all the way to the Cup finals (thank you, Kunitz!).

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think that 2017 run for Ottawa, Karlsson was just as impactful, if not more so, than Hedman's performance in either Cup win. He almost took a Cinderella Sens team that had no business being out of the first all the way to the Cup finals (thank you, Kunitz!).
Agree, if not for Kunitz, likely would also win the cup and becomes hands down winner for Conn Smythe, he even had votes losing in double OT.
Did that on one leg and cortisone shots in the ankle.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
MAF being on the list is laughable. He shouldn't even be in the top 100, never mind top 25. Talk about a player who lucked out on playing for good teams to improve his reputation dramatically.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I understand your argument regarding Hedman's two-way ability but peak Karlsson was an absolute force. You could argue that he titled the ice even more than guys like Makar and Hughes currently do. Would Tampa still win their two Cups if you had 2017 Karlsson on the team, supported by their stacked d-core? I'd say almost certainly, as he dragged a significantly worse team to the Conference Finals himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad