Erik Karlsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
His lateral movement on the ice is just ridiculous. Very fast, I'm not even sure who he compares to in that regard. Karlsson has been impressive at all ends of the ice... between him and Cowen, Ottawa has a great future on D.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
His lateral movement on the ice is just ridiculous. Very fast, I'm not even sure who he compares to in that regard. Karlsson has been impressive at all ends of the ice... between him and Cowen, Ottawa has a great future on D.

It may sound rediculous to say, but I think hes one of the purest skaters in the league already...

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Yeah, he will.

Karlsson is going to be very very very good. He will easily make the Swedish Olympic team in 4 years and will be the Sens' undisputed #1 defenseman by the end of next season.

haha, holy ****!

slow yer roll, paw. settin' yerself up for disappointment

Pentothal

Dec 30, 2008
Could become the most exciting Swedish player to watch since Forsberg.

Not saying he is or will be as good, but Erik is just so fun to watch. I really hope he will reach his potential.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Could become the most exciting Swedish player to watch since Forsberg.

Not saying he is or will be as good, but Erik is just so fun to watch. I really hope he will reach his potential.

He's a wild card, and his combination of puckhandling and skating is so fluid. You can argue all you want about how good he is now and how good he will be, but I dont think anyone can argue even now, he's always one of the players on the ice that makes hockey funner to watch.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Hes been our best defencemen on more than just a couple nights this year. Gotta realize the Sens dont have any complete defencemen so the #1 defencemen tag in Ottawa is hardly satisfied with Phillips, Volchenkov...Sutton..

Guys Karlsson is great, but he out-preforms Phillips maybe 2 games outta 10. I would say he is a very similar player in terms of goodness to Volch. Phillips is far and away our best D-Man, though.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Guys Karlsson is great, but he out-preforms Phillips maybe 2 games outta 10. I would say he is a very similar player in terms of goodness to Volch. Phillips is far and away our best D-Man, though.
its hard for many fans to appreciate solid, unspectacular defensive play. Phillips is better, and we all know that, but no one gets exciting every time phillips is in the right spot defensively to take away the puck. Karlsson makes nice flashy plays, skates well, and has a good shot. That's what makes headlines for dmen, unfortunately.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

All I said was the fact that Phillips only satisfies a basic offensive game at best makes our number 1 defencemen spot not as obvious as most teams. Karlsson has been our best defencemen on several nights.

I think its quite possible he's taking 23-25 minutes every night, by the end of next season. Growing 10 pounds this off season would make that more possible, who knows how well he will grow though. He will not remain 165 pounds.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
its hard for many fans to appreciate solid, unspectacular defensive play. Phillips is better, and we all know that, but no one gets exciting every time phillips is in the right spot defensively to take away the puck. Karlsson makes nice flashy plays, skates well, and has a good shot. That's what makes headlines for dmen, unfortunately.

Phillips is much better defensively but when Karlsson is on his game he's a gamebreaker whereas Phillips is unspectacular in every area, same with Volchy.

I'd argue he makes the biggest difference to our hockey club on defense, and to me that's pretty much the same as being called our "#1 defenseman"

The Senate

Mar 24, 2010
Ottawa
His point totals are finally starting to mirror his play of late.

Another two points, including setting up the game winner.

Yelnats Puc

Brust 'em up!
Aug 30, 2007
Ottawa
3 assists. Coulda had 5.

Take notice league...he dealt with Ovechkin as much as Washington could get him out there against him.

9 points in his last 5.

He made a handful of defensive mistakes out there, a couple leading to goals. There's definitely work to be done there.

But yes, on the whole, he was pretty damn good. Made some great passes out there and protected the puck in his own zone very well. I like how calm he was at one point where he danced around between the circles when Ovechkin was putting some serious pressure on him. He has a great head on his shoulders.

The Senate

Mar 24, 2010
Ottawa
Ya, on the scoresheet it says he got 3 assists, but im pretty sure they will change it soon because it was blatantly obvious that alfie passed to cullen, not EK

Yelnats Puc

Brust 'em up!
Aug 30, 2007
Ottawa
Does he have the skills to play on the PK unit one day?

Absolutely. He's not likely to be a big shot-blocker on the PK, but he certainly has the brains required to master positioning and stick-placement. He's unlikely to see serious PK minutes for a few years, but he could certainly get there if he puts his mind to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad