Erik Karlsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kyle747

May 10, 2005
he's good and he will be better. I've no idea if he will be a number #1, but he is a lot of fun to watch.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Isn't he basically already a #1 in Ottawa?

he gets more and more icetime each game

I think he played like 24 mins last game or something ridiculous

so ya a case can be made.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
I was at the Oilers-Sens game this past week, and it was hard for me to appreciate how good Karlsson was. I was too busy waiting for Karlsson to make a mistake so I could burst out laughing, lol. Sens fans all have man-crushes on this dude, it's absolutely amazing and ridiculously hilarious. The guy behind me would have an orgasm every time Karlsson did anything with the puck. I didn't realize this until I heard the name Karlsson screamed out about 50 times in the first ten minutes. Karlsson did a lot of good things on the ice, but the instances when he made an ordinairy play and the Sens fans started squealing like teenage girls at a Backstreet Boys concert were too often and too funny to ever remember those good things. And it was way too much fun to sarcastically quote a Sens fan and give a 'way to go Karlsson! What defensive awareness!' when he screwed up. He's a great prospect, but I wouldn't know, I need to watch a game without Sens fans to find out lol.

P.S. The Sens fans at the game were absolutely great, good-natured, and a lot of fun. I just have to poke some fun (because honestly it's pretty true lol), and I hope Oilers fans sound like this with some of their prospects in the near future.

Princeton

Aug 24, 2009
Simply put. I am a Leafs fan. I hate the Sens. I hate the Sens. It's always nice to say that a few times.

However, I have watched alot of Sens games lately and Karlsson has been great. No man-crush here but he does look damn good.

I for one think Kaberle is under-rated and I think that EK might be better right now. Ouch that hurt.

PS. Hope you lose 1st round.:cf:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not sure sure about Neidermayer as he is one of the greatest defenceman of all time, however I do see big similarities between Keith and Boyle. Similar size, both extremely mobile and smart decision makers.

I love watching Karlsson play. He's getting hugely hyped right now, but his play of late isn't as good as it was right before he got injured before the Olympics. However his play now is 10x better then it was at the start of the season...

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Simply put. I am a Leafs fan. I hate the Sens. I hate the Sens. It's always nice to say that a few times.

However, I have watched alot of Sens games lately and Karlsson has been great. No man-crush here but he does look damn good.

I for one think Kaberle is under-rated and I think that EK might be better right now. Ouch that hurt.

PS. Hope you lose 1st round.:cf:

I dont know about that but he definietely exceeds Kaberle in several different skills and Kaberle's no slouch.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I'm not sure sure about Neidermayer as he is one of the greatest defenceman of all time, however I do see big similarities between Keith and Boyle. Similar size, both extremely mobile and smart decision makers.

I love watching Karlsson play. He's getting hugely hyped right now, but his play of late isn't as good as it was right before he got injured before the Olympics. However his play now is 10x better then it was at the start of the season...

Sens play in general hasnt quite been what it was before the Olympics. They seem to be improving as a team and if they get on a roll I expect Karlsson will be a main player in that.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I was at the Oilers-Sens game this past week, and it was hard for me to appreciate how good Karlsson was. I was too busy waiting for Karlsson to make a mistake so I could burst out laughing, lol. Sens fans all have man-crushes on this dude, it's absolutely amazing and ridiculously hilarious. The guy behind me would have an orgasm every time Karlsson did anything with the puck. I didn't realize this until I heard the name Karlsson screamed out about 50 times in the first ten minutes. Karlsson did a lot of good things on the ice, but the instances when he made an ordinairy play and the Sens fans started squealing like teenage girls at a Backstreet Boys concert were too often and too funny to ever remember those good things. And it was way too much fun to sarcastically quote a Sens fan and give a 'way to go Karlsson! What defensive awareness!' when he screwed up. He's a great prospect, but I wouldn't know, I need to watch a game without Sens fans to find out lol.

P.S. The Sens fans at the game were absolutely great, good-natured, and a lot of fun. I just have to poke some fun (because honestly it's pretty true lol), and I hope Oilers fans sound like this with some of their prospects in the near future.

I know its been a long time for you, but dont worry. One day you will have something to cheer for.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Im probably guilty of this...

Its so hard not to be lol, he just has a way of making even the easiest plays look good.

Manny*

I know exactly what you mean. However, when you consider the fact that Ottawa hasn't has a young defenseman with this kind of skill since Wade Redden, it's almost justified.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I know exactly what you mean. However, when you consider the fact that Ottawa hasn't has a young defenseman with this kind of skill since Wade Redden, it's almost justified.

ya seriously the last prospect i was so hyped about was Jason Spezza :p

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

More fun to watch then Redden ever was already...

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
His performance yesterday was very impressive. The pens-wings stream was so laggy so I decided to watch sens-habs instead and Karlsson's did really well. Not only because he scored but his patience with the puck is something you don't see often in rookie defensemen, very impressive.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
His performance yesterday was very impressive. The pens-wings stream was so laggy so I decided to watch sens-habs instead and Karlsson's did really well. Not only because he scored but his patience with the puck is something you don't see often in rookie defensemen, very impressive.

His patience and calmness are unbeleivable for a rookie in his situation. Sometimes that calmness goes too far as a couple rolling pucks bounced over his stick in danger areas but despite this he had a very solid game last night.

He was a -4 against Dallas despite not playing poorly, he wasnt quite back to the way he was playing before the injury in that game but he was showing signs of it. He (and the Sens) built off the Dallas game last night and improved a little bit once again.

Ottawa needs him flying high heading into the playoffs because he has been trusted with a lot of responsibility for the rest of the season. Karlsson the 23rd ranked defensive prospect is kind of a laugh, hes right in line with Boyle, Green, Keiths numbers in their rookie seasons, yet they all entered at 3-5 years into their pro careers. This kids doing it as a boy. His numbers are in line with Doughtys rookie season even, not to say hes gonna do what Doughtys doing this year...

Unreal talent still lacking recognition.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Another great game by Karlsson. His best as of yet since the Olympic break. His ability to find the open man is unreal and what makes it even crazier is that he is doing it so young at 19 years old.

1 goal and 1 assist yesterday...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
3 assists tonight and was a major offensive factor.

Still needs some major work defensively though...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Was he ever awesome tonight. The defensive zone play will come over time obviously, but I've thought he's been a lot better recently. He's so incredibly smart and aware out there that he ends up making a good play most of the time.

I can't remember the last impact player we watched blossom in front of our eyes...Spezza I guess? I don't usually gush over prospects like this, but this guy's just ****ing awesome.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Was he ever awesome tonight. The defensive zone play will come over time obviously, but I've thought he's been a lot better recently. He's so incredibly smart and aware out there that he ends up making a good play most of the time.

I can't remember the last impact player we watched blossom in front of our eyes...Spezza I guess? I don't usually gush over prospects like this, but this guy's just ****ing awesome.

Spezza never really had to blossom...he made impacts right away. We've never seen a rookie do this. Redden was stud upon arrival as well. Murray himself stated hes never seen such an overnight development.

Its funny I wasnt even overly impressed with his game last night, I dont think he was at the level that he was at before the Olympic break but maybe thats just me. I think Ive just come to expect more from him, cant complain with a 3 point night though. Despite this, 6 points in his last 4 games. 12 points in his last 17.

He "gets by" defensively because of his skill, he still looks robotic especially when hes covering the slot, looks like hes really gotta think hard about defensive play. I expect this to wash out over the next couple years, like its been mentioned, most of the top O-Dmen in the game learn this type of stuff over a couple years in the AHL. EKs well ahead of schedule.

But damn can this kid skate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad