Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson (D) to Sens for 5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
5 years too late maybe, always thought he would be a good addition to the Sens in the past. After all, Dorion (and Murray before him) loves the local guys.

I thought he would be a meaner version of Methot, and his stocks have been dropping in the last few seasons.

Welcome to the Sens, the blue line did get some NHL depth and size.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Why? You could have just signed Boro to half the cost and hes a much better player.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Let's be honest about what happened here: they walked away from Duclair because he would have been 3-3.5M in salary with an identical cap hit, and they preferred the inferior player and his 3M in salary and 4M cap hit.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why? You could have just signed Boro to half the cost and hes a much better player.

Im guessing Boro is looking for multiple years. Gudbranson is in the final year of his deal.

Not a big fan of the trade, seems a little redundant with Brown also being acquired but I like how there isn't a commitment to the player.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Well, there's a cheap way of buying a $4M cap hit to get to the floor.

That's really the only reason I can make sense of this trade.

Best case scenario is he performs relatively well and returns a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline next year.

Reactions: WaitingInVain

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Well, there's a cheap way of buying a $4M cap hit to get to the floor.

That's really the only reason I can make sense of this trade.

Best case scenario is he performs relatively well and returns a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline next year.
They didn’t need to acquire anything external to reach the floor though

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well .... looks like management is quite serious about protecting their young players. Likely a 7th D for certain situations, I would think J. Brown is ahead of him, but all of a sudden Ottawa has a lot of RDs, seems like over kill. I wonder where Zub fits in here given he has never played in NA before? Another weird & wacky move by a weird & wacky GM. Maybe they trade him or them at the deadline & get their pick back?

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad