Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson (D) to Sens for 5th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Man, I can't believe this.

The cost for the trade is low but Gudbranson is the type of guy that gets bought out in this economy. He was a healthy scratch in the last two seasons and has been injured a lot as well.

It's hard to see us spend money on that type of player at this point .... There are a ton of good players dealt that make similar dollar figures and teams are desperate to unload these guys. Why in the world would you give away cap space and salary to a guy that simply doesn't bring much to the table.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Well .... looks like management is quite serious about protecting their young players. Likely a 7th D for certain situations, I would think J. Brown is ahead of him, but all of a sudden Ottawa has a lot of RDs, seems like over kill. I wonder where Zub fits in here given he has never played in NA before? Another weird & wacky move by a weird & wacky GM. Maybe they trade him or them at the deadline & get their pick back?

This all day long - its to protect our rookies and let other teams know we wont be pushed around. Joshua Brown says hello. Love this move.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The three mysteries that will never be solved:
1. What existed before the universe was formed?
2. Is there life after death?
3. How does Gudbranson keep getting these contracts?

Reactions: derriko

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Why not just re-sign Boro? Why trade assets for guys like Gudbranson and Brown and let him walk?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I take it all back about Melnyk being cheap, this team is willing to spend, it's just that it won't spend on talent. It will open the books for big players who bring nothing all day every day.

The point is Dorion sucks. It's not just the owner.
Exactly man. It’s been like this for a while. Spending money on marginal players while actual talent don’t get signed because of $2 Million.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I don’t get the outrage on this one, we’re no where near the cap, it’s not your money that Ottawa is spending and could very well make a Methot like impact for Chabot.
Is he overpaid? YES!!
However it’s for only one more season and he’s off the books, not to mention he could be dealt at the deadline for more than Ottawa got here. I like this move.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
we werent willing to spend 3 million on duclair, who even if he scored 15 goals would have at least returned a 5th and actually did something but spent 3 million here for a guy who cant play anymore and is going to block zub/jaros/brown who i can safely say are better than him and I havent seen 2 of them play...

Reactions: DrEasy

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Well, at least when we're losing 5-1 in the 3rd he and Brown can go out and thug it up.

And 2x a year we have a semi-answer for Reeves and Vegas's 4th line running over everyone.

Other than that, for about the same money, we replaced 1/23 of Duclair's scoring...

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Pennywise pound foolish.

Team is broke, okay, I understand you not qualifying Duclair. He would have been overpaid in arbitration, makes sense.

What's that, you need a #5 defenseman. Well, time to roll out the red carpet for a guy who costs 3M on a 4M cap hit in a league-wide cap shortage and give out a 5th while you're at it

Why? Oh, hes big and hes from Ottawa.

f*** you pierre. f*** your ass with a pineapple. This guys take a bajillion penalties and he gets healthy scratched for being a bad player.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I don’t get the outrage on this one, we’re no where near the cap, it’s not your money that Ottawa is spending and could very well make a Methot like impact for Chabot.
Is he overpaid? YES!!
However it’s for only one more season and he’s off the books, not to mention he could be dealt at the deadline for more than Ottawa got here. I like this move.

This....I wouldn't count on.

Markus Nutivaara also getting moved just a couple hours before doesn't make this deal look great. There could have been better options out there.

Gudbranson needs limited minutes to be successful...or at least not a liability

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Should have traded for Nutivaara or traded for a guy like Cernak - a young guy that can fit into our long-term plans, instead of two bruisers that almost certainly have no future on this team beyond the next couple seasons.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Is he overpaid? YES!!

Dude, you don't get the outrage because you love every move Dorion makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad