Player Discussion Erik Brännström - D - Part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I remember Dorion said. I give him 2m because the year before he sign for cheap. I promise him to give him more next year

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Another victim of the corrupt arbitration system!

They should keep him and play him LW on the 3rd line.

I thought he looked really good on wing and that it was ironic he wasn't open to changing positions.

I understand that he was a legitimate top prospect, and being sure of yourself comes with that territory, but he's at a point now where if becoming an excellent gritty utility winger gets him a few more years in the NHL, it's probably worth it for the pension alone.

His size seemed like less of an issue when he was on wing.

Does the KHL still pay big money for the Stephan Da Costa's of the world? The kind of players who can go over there and be a cornerstone? I wonder if he ends up overseas this season, or if he takes another crack at the NHL.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
One of our most solid and reliable depth pieces.

But as long as we get an improvement over him it's fine.

Honestly better for his career that he leaves. Was probably mutual.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
A man's trash is another man's treasure! Seriously, great news for Brannstrom who might get a better opportunity elsewhere.

Of course nobody would give anything for him now as it was clear he would become UFA. I think he'll get signed very fast if not too greedy

Alexander Holtz 22 y/o former 7th OA pick just returned Cotter and a 3rd (even less because Shmid was also involved). Texier only returned a 4th, Walman required a 2nd to be moved. Semi-proven players don't have a ton of value (if any) now

Sure physical play important (but a lot more in the playoffs) but I'm curious to see how our D squad will look next season. I mean, we better be a possession team after 8 years rebuilding lol (but hard to blame Staios after Dorion sabotaged a lot of things)

I hope they're not planning to get rid of Joseph too, that'd be really stupid. Getting caved in and having a lot of hits is STUPID archaic hockey, teams who hit a lot is due to them not having the puck. Looking at the first 2 picks in the draft, you gotta wonder if we are really on page with MODERN hockey, like the Panthers, Stars, Hurricanes, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Someone please check up on L'Aveuglette
Found him
mario-mario-depressed.gif

Reactions: GCK

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A man's trash is another man's treasure! Seriously, great news for Brannstrom who might get a better opportunity elsewhere.

Of course nobody would give anything for him now as it was clear he would become UFA. I think he'll get signed very fast if not too greedy

Alexander Holtz 22 y/o former 7th OA pick just returned Cotter and a 3rd (even less because Shmid was also involved). Texier only returned a 4th, Walman required a 2nd to be moved. Semi-proven players don't have a ton of value (if any) now

Sure physical play important (but a lot more in the playoffs) but I'm curious to see how our D squad will look next season. I mean, we better be a possession team after 8 years rebuilding lol (but hard to blame Staios after Dorion sabotaged a lot of things)

I hope they're not planning to get rid of Joseph too, that'd be really stupid. Getting caved in and having a lot of hits is STUPID archaic hockey, teams who hit a lot is due to them not having the puck. Looking at the first 2 picks in the draft, you gotta wonder if we are really on page with MODERN hockey, like the Panthers, Stars, Hurricanes, etc.
Nobody would give anything up for him for years, because teams don’t value him

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nobody would give anything up for him for years, because teams don’t value him

Depends in which decade a team is stuck in. So far Ottawa hasn't proven they are in the 2020's. They certainly weren't under Dorion and the recent draft doesn't reveal that they are so it remains to be seen

In the meantime, a team like Boston that has been supposed to go into a rebuild for years valued a guy like Matt Grzelcyk for years for example.

Unless Brannstrom is too greedy (ala Duclair during Covid), he'll get a contract pretty fast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad