Erie Otters 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
That’s how you rebound. It didn’t look pretty in the 1st, but I’m glad they broke the press and found a way to score. The PP has to get better.

I’m glad Erliden finally got a home ice win. His family is in town from Sweden.
And not just a win, a 40 save win! He was great. Saw him waving to people behind the glass after the game and someone said "what, does he have a girlfriend already?". Good for him. Great comeback win.

Reactions: OttersFan

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
And not just a win, a 40 save win! He was great. Saw him waving to people behind the glass after the game and someone said "what, does he have a girlfriend already?". Good for him. Great comeback win.
Yeah he does. I don’t know if she came over seas or if he met her here. It doesn’t really matter. I just happened to see the family in passing and know his billet.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Either more than one person said it, or you were sitting near me. 😅

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Stan Butler had his weekly meeting with the media today. Schaefer met with them as well. Going to miss all 3 games this weekend. Butler said he's not playing until he's 100%.

drearyerie

Oct 7, 2024
Lines tonight against Kingston-

Misiak - Terrance - Royston
Spence* - Frasca* - Hammond*
Edwards - Fimis - Alfano
Challenger - Phillips - Messier

Knight - Sauder*
Ambrosio - Daviault
Holomego - Henry*

Erliden*
Burns

Lalonde starts in net for Kingston.

Reactions: Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Got to go in person tonight, finally!!!

Erliden is legit, but he has very awkward movements in net and makes you hold your breath a lot from his unorthodox style of play, whatever works lol!!!

Ty Henry is our #2 Defender once Schaefer returns. His growth from last year is insane. Easy to see why he's a prototypical NHL defender but still can rush a puck with his size and speed.

Overall, we had 9 shots through 2 and we played mediocre at best. We came away with an incredible one time snipe from Misiak in OT, however we were dominated for most of the game and IMO lucky to come away with 2 points. Erliden also saved us that game by playing extremely solid in net, again.

A lot of early struggles tonight that I wouldn't expect from such a veteran team, but happy to come away with the W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad