Erie Otters 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
While not new news: Both The Sharks want him to play and Musty wants a crack at the Memorial Cup

Make it happen Dave Brown …

Sell off and recoup next year or see where we stand then ..
I also heard that they want to be in a more defensive, structured system - which screams SB to me…. If he’s trying to work on his 2 way game, the fit in Erie makes sense, can’t speak so much about other teams

To me it comes down to how many teams are involved in the negotiations, but if they can make it work - I would agree they should pull the trigger. I don’t think they are set up to win next year. While they can certainly be competitive next season, their window to make a real run is better suited for right now. And if not this year and you aren’t as positioned for next year, then idk when the next window will be. I also think they would be wise to trade off assets next year regardless of this season so if that’s the case even more of a reason to go all in especially for a player like this. I think they can pretty easily recoup picks next year and turn their focus towards better draft capital stability

Reactions: EOtterstracker

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
While not new news: Both The Sharks want him to play and Musty wants a crack at the Memorial Cup

Make it happen Dave Brown …

Sell off and recoup next year or see where we stand then ..
Exactly. I could even see them trading away Challenger in something that was like the Allan McShane situation in 16-17. Trade every pick you have (I’m 90% sure we can trade like 2 years further than what is currently loaded in the database so there’s that) to load up. They should really go for it this year. Trade for a couple solid d men, Musty, and a true backup and you have a serious contender right there.

I don’t believe in London as much as other people. I believe that they have a goaltending problem. The guy that was in when we played was solid, but I don’t know if he’s a true backup, and I don’t believe that Willmore is a starting goalie AT ALL. He’s last in GAA, and 35th in Save Percentage. I’ve been saying we’ll win the Midwest and be in the 1 seed for a while now, and now I truly believe that. Just load up, win the ship as long as you can knock of Brampton, and possibly the Memorial Cup, then deal with the rebuild next year. As was noted earlier in this thread, it’ll help that unlike in 17-18, we actually have real guys to trade to recoup picks. Spence, Schaefer to name a couple. From what I understand, Molnár must be moved by today, is that correct?

Reactions: NOA

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Exactly. I could even see them trading away Challenger in something that was like the Allan McShane situation in 16-17. Trade every pick you have (I’m 90% sure we can trade like 2 years further than what is currently loaded in the database so there’s that) to load up. They should really go for it this year. Trade for a couple solid d men, Musty, and a true backup and you have a serious contender right there.

I don’t believe in London as much as other people. I believe that they have a goaltending problem. The guy that was in when we played was solid, but I don’t know if he’s a true backup, and I don’t believe that Willmore is a starting goalie AT ALL. He’s last in GAA, and 35th in Save Percentage. I’ve been saying we’ll win the Midwest and be in the 1 seed for a while now, and now I truly believe that. Just load up, win the ship as long as you can knock of Brampton, and possibly the Memorial Cup, then deal with the rebuild next year. As was noted earlier in this thread, it’ll help that unlike in 17-18, we actually have real guys to trade to recoup picks. Spence, Schaefer to name a couple. From what I understand, Molnár must be moved by today, is that correct?
I thought he had to be moved by the end of the month, but I'm not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad