Erie Otters 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Offensively something just isn't clicking which to me is very concerning considering this should have been our strongest area.
Hammond/Royston can not play top 6 minutes or be counted on to produce offensively so they are weighing done the top 9 imo. Terrance has been disappointing so far for me but it’s hard to totally judge them right now when outside the top 7 are mediocre at best and their head coach is a defensive dinosaur. They could definitely produce more but they need another forward in the group to help

IMO the priorities are backup goalie AND adding a top 6 forward..
like I said before, a top 6 forward, let alone someone like Musty, should make your offense that much better and I would imagine that would help your defense out quite a bit. If you had a really good offense and a goalie playing like Erliden, you can still potentially get by with what they have on defense. But they need to protect Erliden by finding a serviceable backup because .837 is embarrassing, and shame on the org if they let that continue as is. Pathetic, especially after last year.

Reactions: Moroz

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Hammond/Royston can not play top 6 minutes or be counted on to produce offensively so they are weighing done the top 9 imo. Terrance has been disappointing so far for me but it’s hard to totally judge them right now when outside the top 7 are mediocre at best and their head coach is a defensive dinosaur. They could definitely produce more but they need another forward in the group to help

IMO the priorities are backup goalie AND adding a top 6 forward..
like I said before, a top 6 forward, let alone someone like Musty, should make your offense that much better and I would imagine that would help your defense out quite a bit. If you had a really good offense and a goalie playing like Erliden, you can still potentially get by with what they have on defense. But they need to protect Erliden by finding a serviceable backup because .837 is embarrassing, and shame on the org if they let that continue as is. Pathetic, especially after last year.
You don't have the assets for musty

• Haha
Reactions: NOA

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
That's my point you guys don't have any assets that any would want!
I disagree. I think we have a few players that could be traded with Molnar to Sudbury.

Sudbury can only dig their heels into the mud for so long before the NHL intervenes. Either take the best offer available or fold.

He only wants to go to Erie. Sure other teams could probably offer better, but my guess is he wants to play with Spence and Frasca.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I disagree. I think we have a few players that could be traded with Molnar to Sudbury.

Sudbury can only dig their heels into the mud for so long before the NHL intervenes. Either take the best offer available or fold.

He only wants to go to Erie. Sure other teams could probably offer better, but my guess is he wants to play with Spence and Frasca.

Is that a confirmation he only wants to go to Erie? It makes sense from a logistics standpoint with his family being close and Erie being a player or two away from a deeper run consideration.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Is that a confirmation he only wants to go to Erie? It makes sense from a logistics standpoint with his family being close and Erie being a player or two away from a deeper run consideration.
That’s what I’ve gathered based on what has been posted. It would make sense. I’m sure he played with Terrance at some point being a NY kid.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
It’s true that Erie is on his list. I can’t speak to them being the only team but… even if there is only 1-2 others teams on his list, and if even 1 of those teams are a ‘no’ for their own reasons, then the price comes down… in which case, Erie definitely could make it work especially if they are willing to make a wink wink deal which yes, I know- it isn’t allowed but we all know it happens. Even without a wink and a nod, it could still be done by just looking at some recent comps, including Barlow. Erie can make it work IF they wanted him and IF they knew there were a few other teams they were bidding against that they had to ‘pay up’

If this was a situation where there were 6-8 teams on his list and people bidding, then no Erie probably doesn’t have the assets to match what others potentially could offer. But if that were the case, just ask yourself - wouldn’t he have been moved by now???

Why hasn’t a trade happened yet? Logically, SBY is being low balled and they are digging their heels in because they want fair price. Maybe ERI knows they are SBYs only option so they aren’t willing to crack and ‘overpay’ — and hey, to be fair, they were on the reverse end themselves with the Lodnia situation when they got just a 5th and Singer in a laughable trade because Lodnia only wanted NIA. We’ve seen LDN also benefit over the years from this. But maybe SBY is annoyed with how the player reacted / how it all came to be that they are realllly digging the heels in more than most. It’s also possible ERI isn’t interested right now for whatever reason. Or it’s possible the import thing is still a hold up because Molnar was rumored strongly to be going there a few weeks ago, conveniently right before the Musty trade request was announced. So, connecting the dots and there appears to be some smoke there…

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
It’s true that Erie is on his list. I can’t speak to them being the only team but… even if there is only 1-2 others teams on his list, and if even 1 of those teams are a ‘no’ for their own reasons, then the price comes down… in which case, Erie definitely could make it work especially if they are willing to make a wink wink deal which yes, I know- it isn’t allowed but we all know it happens. Even without a wink and a nod, it could still be done by just looking at some recent comps, including Barlow. Erie can make it work IF they wanted him and IF they knew there were a few other teams they were bidding against that they had to ‘pay up’

If this was a situation where there were 6-8 teams on his list and people bidding, then no Erie probably doesn’t have the assets to match what others potentially could offer. But if that were the case, just ask yourself - wouldn’t he have been moved by now???

Why hasn’t a trade happened yet? Logically, SBY is being low balled and they are digging their heels in because they want fair price. Maybe ERI knows they are SBYs only option so they aren’t willing to crack and ‘overpay’ — and hey, to be fair, they were on the reverse end themselves with the Lodnia situation when they got just a 5th and Singer in a laughable trade because Lodnia only wanted NIA. We’ve seen LDN also benefit over the years from this. But maybe SBY is annoyed with how the player reacted / how it all came to be that they are realllly digging the heels in more than most. It’s also possible ERI isn’t interested right now for whatever reason. Or it’s possible the import thing is still a hold up because Molnar was rumored strongly to be going there a few weeks ago, conveniently right before the Musty trade request was announced. So, connecting the dots and there appears to be some smoke there…
Excellent break down of what is very likely the current situation.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018

This is a fair analysis. I think the fact that he showed up to their orientation camp before going to NHL camp kinda blind sided them. They fully expected him to play in Sudbury this season. It’s like a deer in headlights to them.

Molnar being held up with his Visa doesn’t help. I think Erie will get it done. It’s just the matter of when.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
This is a fair analysis. I think the fact that he showed up to their orientation camp before going to NHL camp kinda blind sided them. They fully expected him to play in Sudbury this season. It’s like a deer in headlights to them.

Molnar being held up with his Visa doesn’t help. I think Erie will get it done. It’s just the matter of when.
We fully expected him back, he was even announced as an Assistant Captain with the initial leadership group, we gave it to Villanuve now though.

Is that the problem with Molnar, that doesn't make sense he played for Erie last year did he not and was able to go back and forth no issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad