Erie Otters 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
That will go over well.....Better run that by the Mom.

Unless he's willing to move to wing, he won't supplant Terrance and Fimis.

IF he can make the move to wing he'd have a legit shot at playing on the top line with Terrance and Spence with a return to center next season.

It could get worse if the reports out of Chicago are true and they want Misiak here. If Misiak plays it would instantly put him to 4th line center without further trades.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Frasca will probably be on the 3rd line this season.
He put up 32pts in 44 games this year. Was a point a game in the short sample size before they got Dubois and he didn’t look the same after. 3 OT winners in his first 10 games I think as well.

They aren’t trading all that for him to be on the 3rd line this season I don’t think. And frasca wanted an increased role with Kingston. Don’t think they’re getting him to bump his role down, believe it’s the opposite. Was told on here he wanted to play with Spence badly. Perhaps they both play together on the same line.

Reactions: NOA and Mata

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Unless he's willing to move to wing, he won't supplant Terrance and Fimis.

IF he can make the move to wing he'd have a legit shot at playing on the top line with Terrance and Spence with a return to center next season.

It could get worse if the reports out of Chicago are true and they want Misiak here. If Misiak plays it would instantly put him to 4th line center without further trades.
One of the biggest reasons he became toxic in kingston and wanted out was because he was told he would be the 3C behind Paul ludwinski and Jax Dubois who were both much better players then he was. -They gave him time on the wing on both first and second lines and that wasn't even good enough for him.
This should be a good one to watch unfold...

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Misiak played wing in Chicago's camp last year. (I'm a Blackhawks fan). It's possible Chicago wants to see him on wing with their organizational depth at center. That still leaves Terrance and Fimis at 1C and 2C.

Reactions: dirty12

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I don't think they'd be traded, but IF something goes south and we aren't performing, those 3 would be at face value, the biggest fish we have. Alfano perhaps could be added to the list as well as Edwards and Molnar but feel as though those 3 are slightly less of value than the 3 I mentioned.
I think the real plan (hopefully) is make a run this year and then be wise and trade Spence/Schaefer for a complete boatload of picks next year and immediately recoup the assets.

I’m with you that this reeks of “win now” desperation yet again. I don’t know why they couldn’t go into camp / into the season with current roster so they have a bit more time to evaluate. But DB has never had patience imo. Now, if the rumors are Misiak are true and they know he’s coming back to Erie - then I can better understand them trying to get ahead of things after weeks of evaluating what they would do once they learned Misiak was an option. If they get Bryan here, and Misiak is back - the roster is more balanced imo. They still have room to make 1 more move, closer to the deadline, to fix whatever they need but don’t really have the assets now to add a huge piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mata

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
what a swing and a miss for me. never thought in a million years sova would get dealt

Coben Bryan has roots with the Jr Pens so probably better than reporting to Brampton
he co will report but he’s an 06 playing u18. most good American d have moved away from u18 by that age

Reactions: Mata, NOA and MJ5

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
when your hate for Erie just over rules your ability to consistently assess trades and decisions…

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4801.jpeg
    IMG_4801.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
when your hate for Erie just over rules and your ability to consistently assess trades and decisions…
For context: Thibodeau is a year older and smaller, while Frasca has shown more in his first 2 years. Erie pays a pretty similar price to what Flint paid for Thibodeau….

Flint paid:
FLNT 2 2027
FLNT 2 2028*
FLNT 3 2028
SOO 3 2026
FLNT 5 2027
MISS 5 2025
FLNT 15 2025

* conditional - which is maybe tied to him playing as OA (as is often the case). They also got a 4th round 2028 back as part of the trade

Erie paid:
ER 2 2027
ER 2 2028
ER 3 2028
SAR 3 2026
ER 4 2028

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Bruce was shipped out too, apparently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_141846_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_141846_Chrome.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
McDonald now traded for 6th RD 2027, to Owen Sound.

Seems light and a bit rushed to trade him now. I would have waited until preseason to see if he can drum up a bit more interest but either way, probably speaks to Misiak coming back? Erie departs with 2 OAs today..

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
McDonald now traded for 6th RD 2027, to Owen Sound.

Seems light and a bit rushed to trade him now. I would have waited until preseason to see if he can drum up a bit more interest but either way, probably speaks to Misiak coming back? Erie departs with 2 OAs today..

Currently Smith, Alfano, and Fimis remain as our OA and rumored to be keeping Misiak.

The Misiak situation is weird in that in order to keep him on the roster we must move one more OA AND either move Molnar or the import goalie we just drafted. Erie can't be done, yet.

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
Let's hope he has a 100% chance of reporting to Erie. Otherwise, wtf...
You must think Sova is better than I think he is. He didn’t do a ton for me. I think he looked very good until December 10, 2022, the last game he played with Kyrou. He was 13-12-25 in the 26 games before the trade, then went 3-11-14 in the next 42.

Last year, for all the rushing he did and all the power play time he had, he didn’t really produce much. 31 points for a 19-year-old offensive defenceman who got more ice time than any of them doesn’t make him indispensable. If he played more physically, or paid more attention to his own end, maybe. But he doesn’t do those things.

Anyhow - not a huge loss in my opinion. Also lets them name Terrance or Spence as the captain.

Reactions: NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Currently Smith, Alfano, and Fimis remain as our OA and rumored to be keeping Misiak.

The Misiak situation is weird in that in order to keep him on the roster we must move one more OA AND either move Molnar or the import goalie we just drafted. Erie can't be done, yet.
I think Smith eventually gets released. I can’t see him having much of a market.

Molnar will probably be traded if Misiak returns. With the import tag, it’s hard to expect a lot in return but maybe possible they get a 3rd back. If they can manage to do so and sign Bryan, it will basically be:

Add:
Misiak
Frasca
Bryan
4th
6th

Lose:
Sova
Molnar
McDonald
2nd
3rd

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gonna be a big week for y'all in the trade market 👀
The 3 trades today were the ones I was alluding too with this post 😂. Apologies wasn't as informative as OHL4Life always is.

Interesting batch of deals. Ngl if Sova didn't request a trade im a bit perplexed by it. Think ur Dcore takes a huge hit & they r putting everything on a 17 yr olds shoulders.

Getting an 18 yr old in a probable go for it yr is an interesting one too. Especially one who's been a bit of a headache.

Hope it works out cause I still think ur closer to London than anyone else in the conference haha.

Reactions: NOA and Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
W

Hat kind of player will we see in OS ?
Bruce is a high motor player. He will give you 110% all the time. Worked well for our PK, depth wise you'll get a steady 3rd liner as I don't believe he would crack the top 6. He's not flashy and he is a really great kid off the ice.

Steady would be a great word to describe him.

Reactions: Millpond

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
You must think Sova is better than I think he is. He didn’t do a ton for me. I think he looked very good until December 10, 2022, the last game he played with Kyrou. He was 13-12-25 in the 26 games before the trade, then went 3-11-14 in the next 42.

Last year, for all the rushing he did and all the power play time he had, he didn’t really produce much. 31 points for a 19-year-old offensive defenceman who got more ice time than any of them doesn’t make him indispensable. If he played more physically, or paid more attention to his own end, maybe. But he doesn’t do those things.

Anyhow - not a huge loss in my opinion. Also lets them name Terrance or Spence as the captain.
Yeah I don’t think they did bad on the return for Sova either.
2nd, 4th, 4th and rights to a player (even if a bottom pairing guy for 2 years) in exchange for an OA is not that bad. And I would agree that Sova is a bit overrated. I’ve been rooting for him and thought he had a chance to take off this year - but if Erie wants to give the keys to Schaefer than this probably makes more sense.

I think the possibility of Misiak coming back also makes it easier to move on. When Zin first reported Misiak is going to be sent back- I think I briefly floated the idea of trading Sova. Personally didn’t think Erie would do it because it’s so messy to shuffle around the roster as much as they would need to but Misiak was never going to get you much of a return in a trade. Sova would (and did). Erie basically decided they were better off with Misiak and a few extra picks to upgrade their depth at forward (Frasca) vs keeping Sova/Molnar and probably having to just release Misiak or move him for next to nothing in the trade market.

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
when your hate for Erie just over rules your ability to consistently assess trades and decisions…
I never liked that guy. He was always a 35 year old that lives in his parents basement with a block list longer than his temper. Just absolutely hates Erie for no reason.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He put up 32pts in 44 games this year. Was a point a game in the short sample size before they got Dubois and he didn’t look the same after. 3 OT winners in his first 10 games I think as well.

They aren’t trading all that for him to be on the 3rd line this season I don’t think. And frasca wanted an increased role with Kingston. Don’t think they’re getting him to bump his role down, believe it’s the opposite. Was told on here he wanted to play with Spence badly. Perhaps they both play together on the same line.

There are not really options for Frasca. He could play a wing on a line with Spence and Terrance, or 3rd line centre if Chicago wants Misiak on the wing.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
There are not really options for Frasca. He could play a wing on a line with Spence and Terrance, or 3rd line centre if Chicago wants Misiak on the wing.
I don’t believe they’d pay that much for an already disgruntled player to play that disgruntled player in less of a role than he was in Kingston- that to me just seems like another trade request waiting to happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad