Erie Otters 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Both must be getting cut or they’re trying to keep them healthy for trade. 100% Misiak is coming back.
Smith isn’t going to have much of any trade value. Molnar could have some value but as an import, it’s diminished and it’s possible he’s just not coming back to NA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

Schaefer #2
Spence #4

If Erie can get good goaltending this year, they have a chance to be a legit contender with the high end talent they have. They might be a bit too young to put it all together but the hope is their OAs, which might be the most talented OA group in the league, can help lead the way, along with Terrance

Reactions: Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Smith isn’t going to have much of any trade value. Molnar could have some value but as an import, it’s diminished and it’s possible he’s just not coming back to NA

I know they can't be forced, trades, but it would have been nice to try and get at least something for both of them, even if it was a 5th - 10th round pick.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I know they can't be forced, trades, but it would have been nice to try and get at least something for both of them, even if it was a 5th - 10th round pick.
I don’t think Smith would even have much of a chance to get that…

Molnar probably would but if he isn’t going to report because he’s going back home, that’s another story.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Artichuk is definitely more comfortable than most of the newcomers. I'd say he compares in size to Fimis now.

Knight is a pretty big body, plays similarly to Sauder. Good footwork in the corners.

Ambroisio decent skating, but may need to develop a little more but I wouldn't be surprised if he came in as the 7th or 8th defender.

Woj, good player, skating just isn't there.

Ducharme I thought skated well.

Coe, just a little too slow for my liking.

Fabbro and Morano not too bad and if they have a good camp could be bubble type players.

Oliver, Phillips, Macey and Radford IMO just aren't there yet.

Also, I don't think Challenger was on the ice the entire time. He also left the rookie camp early. What I saw of him I'd compare to a Spence type player in that his big, fast, and skilled (but not quite the upside of Malcolm).

Reactions: NOA

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Alfano looks leaner and faster than last season.

Hammond looks much improved as well.

Frasca looks like another pure goal scorer and seems to be very comfortable and was pure insanity today making goalies look pedestrian.

Bryan also looks really relaxed and comfortable out on the ice and makes really good decisions.

Holomego is still considerably slow, but decision-making has hopefully improved.

Younger Johnston and Edwards, maybe they are sentimental picks, but they aren't ready to make a jump.

Couple others that played well and will be a little tougher calls in Wozney, Da Silva, Visneskie, and D'Alessio.

Reactions: frontsfan67 and NOA

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I'm going to tomorrow morning's scrimmage. Looking forward to seeing these guys in person.

Reactions: Mata

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I’d expect a big jump in points for frasca with the new team. And he’s a 2 way. He will likely be trying way harder too being a NHL draft re entry this year. Put him with Spence and he gets more attention as well being undrafted.

I assume his move to Erie is more about being seen rather than just going to be with his buddy- obviously he wants to play with Malcolm too but Spence and Schaefer are both projected in the first half of the first round and with him being a re entry he probably gets more eyes rather than being in Kingston with Hopkins and weir as the other 2 likely going rounds 2-3 and 4-5. If he doesn’t get drafted this year, he may not at all. Period.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I missed who tied it up for team navy. My friend said he thought it was Fimis.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Edwards off a nice pass from Fimis quickly followed by Phillips out front. 3-1 Navy.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Da Silva just thumped Woj out pretty badly in a fight...he was bleeding below his left eye.

Reactions: ZinErie

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Laverier on the pp. 3-2. Artichuk was in the box.

I haven't been very impressed with Taeo to this point. He's likely on the bubble and he just seems like he already has a spot secured. Maybe that's how he plays and stays loose, but there are some guys who are outperforming him and don't have roster spots yet.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
2nd half of scrimmage under way. Clarke gets stoned by team navy goalie. I think it was Maverick Fletcher.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Interesting note...

Ambrosio and Challenger are both playing with visors on. They are the only two to my knowledge with no OHL minutes to have them on. Perhaps foreshadowing in that both have already made the preseason roster?

Reactions: GetOutDaKitchin

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Interesting note...

Ambrosio and Challenger are both playing with visors on. They are the only two to my knowledge with no OHL minutes to have them on. Perhaps foreshadowing in that both have already made the preseason roster?
Good spot. According to eliteprospects, he is on the 2024-25 roster, and outside of Challenger, nobody else has that designation. They must have already signed him, just haven’t announced yet

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Taeo goes into the box for the 2nd time in as many periods, this time was a delay of game. Holomego ends in the box with a trip to prevent a breakaway which, IMO, was a smart penalty to take.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Taeo goes into the box for the 2nd time in as many periods, this time was a delay of game. Holomego ends in the box with a trip to prevent a breakaway which, IMO, was a smart penalty to take.
Wasn’t he undisciplined a few years ago as well? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? Either way, not a good sign for him..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad