Erie Otters 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOWS

Feb 15, 2017
Horrible first period for the otters which pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. The offence started to pick it up as the game went on but couldn't get anything out of it.

After the 3rd goal ( although atleast 1/3 goals wasn't troys fault) I feel like they should of put Murdaca in. Murdaca has done PHENOMINAL this post season as he stepped in twice against London including a game 7 OVERTIME and making some key saves to get them to this point. After a game 2 loss to OS in OT, they decide not to start him which is very questionable.... anyways I thought this kid deserves a chance and I felt like He would of got that if they had put him in after the 3rd goal.

Let's hope for rematch In the finals of the mem cup!

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Windsor got lucky

You thought it .I thought it..Announcers mentioned luck, numerous times as well..Windsor played the game of their life, Di Pietro played incredible... we stunk the place out first period from what i heard as i missed the 1 st period..If thats their best to beat us by a measly 4-2 score on an off night for us by our standards -then I love our chances if we get to the final..With one of their 4 goals on a 5 on 3 PP for them...take that goal away "it was a gift" and their dominant game was closer to a 3-2 score...There was no L side D on Addisons last goal-like no one at all..My 5 yr old could make that shot..

Looked like they were trying to take DeBrincat out and hurt him..Use that on Chatfield ?Addison in the final..Cernak use that frame you got and lay some people out..

We Controlled the 2nd and came out with like 3 consecutive scoring chances that just wouldnt go in that we make 49 out of 50 times.....Puck up and over DiPitero's back and dies 10 inches from the line and hit out by Wndsr.???c'mon...I like our chances..Spits once again fell apart again late in the game and looked gassed instead of fresh..Seems to be a pattern with them-If we can focus on St John and not look ahead -I feel confident..I would rather lose to them now-than in the final and Im confident Knoblauch will have a plan..

I will take aresnights suggestion and not go there about the refs..he's right

Erie's the better team-Wsr played better tonight..

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
You thought it .I thought it..Announcers mentioned luck, numerous times as well..Windsor played the game of their life, Di Pietro played incredible... we stunk the place out first period from what i heard as i missed the 1 st period..If thats their best to beat us by a measly 4-2 score on an off night for us by our standards -then I love our chances if we get to the final..With one of their 4 goals on a 5 on 3 PP for them...take that goal away "it was a gift" and their dominant game was closer to a 3-2 score...There was no L side D on Addisons last goal-like no one at all..My 5 yr old could make that shot..

Looked like they were trying to take DeBrincat out and hurt him..Use that on Chatfield ?Addison in the final..Cernak use that frame you got and lay some people out..

We Controlled the 2nd and came out with like 3 consecutive scoring chances that just wouldnt go in that we make 49 out of 50 times.....Puck up and over DiPitero's back and dies 10 inches from the line and hit out by Wndsr.???c'mon...I like our chances..Spits once again fell apart again late in the game and looked gassed instead of fresh..Seems to be a pattern with them-If we can focus on St John and not look ahead -I feel confident..I would rather lose to them now-than in the final and Im confident Knoblauch will have a plan..

I will take aresnights suggestion and not go there about the refs..he's right

Erie's the better team-Wsr played better tonight..

Only one team wins the last game.

The Otters got out worked tonight.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Yes.

Never blame the refs. Players n coaches make far more mistakes and can effect the outcome much than officials.

That's reserved for people looking for excuses.

Erie still controls its destiny in this tourney.

Pfft are you trying to tell me referees make mistakes??? Maybe I am soft on referees in junior hockey and expectations are quite low. I reserve any angst for referees that get paid 6 figures and could make a living off the sport year after year in the nfl, nba, mlb, nhl.

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
Only one team wins the last game.

The Otters got out worked tonight.

Wouldn't say that at all. Out worked for the first 20 minutes? Sure. The last 40 minutes were dominated by the Otters. Only the cross bar and Michael "Parsons" DiPietro stopped us after the first.

I'd rather lose this game than have the "off-game" comes in the last game of the tournament. This might be exactly what this group needed.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Otters scored 12 goals in the past game but the allowed 5. When your team allows 9 goals in two games in the Mem Cup it should be a concern.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Erie's not the favourite anymore, but I still like their chances. Like 7D said, better to lose this game than the final (just ask 2014 Guelph).

Might be something worth looking into, but it makes sense that teams with exceptional goaltending are particularly dangerous in this short-tournament format. You only have to steal a game or two.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The Otters scored 12 goals in the past game but the allowed 5. When your team allows 9 goals in two games in the Mem Cup it should be a concern.

I've been concerned about Timpano the whole playoffs. It's not that he's real bad - he's just rarely very good.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Am I concerned?.....A little. Just remember, Coach K knows how to make adjustments. We just need to remember the date circled on the Otters calendar, that would be May 28th, hopefully all goes well then. I still think there are a couple players with plenty in the tank for Sunday.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
Am I concerned?.....A little. Just remember, Coach K knows how to make adjustments. We just need to remember the date circled on the Otters calendar, that would be May 28th, hopefully all goes well then. I still think there are a couple players with plenty in the tank for Sunday.

lookin past friday already? ;)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I've been concerned about Timpano the whole playoffs. It's not that he's real bad - he's just rarely very good.

I'd like to see Erie go back to Murdaca. I think he is the better goalie and Timpano has not been good in the Memorial Cup at all. But I'm not sure Knoblauch would do that.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I'd like to see Erie go back to Murdaca. I think he is the better goalie and Timpano has not been good in the Memorial Cup at all. But I'm not sure Knoblauch would do that.

I agree with this, and was surprised to see the Otters go back to Timpano against OS, to be honest.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Tough choice but I agree with you. It'll be Timpano with a short leash in semis. If Murdaca gets into the semi he starts Finals if they win.

I agree. I honestly feel that had the Otters stuck with Timpano and not had the option of Murdaca in the London series they would have lost that series. Erie just seems to play more poised in close games with Murdaca in net. Timpano has never impressed me

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Is it plausible that Knoblauch was worried about a psychological component to starting Mississauga's discarded backup goaltender against his former team in the finals? Seems specious, but I can see how that might have an impact on a team.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Is it plausible that Knoblauch was worried about a psychological component to starting Mississauga's discarded backup goaltender against his former team in the finals? Seems specious, but I can see how that might have an impact on a team.

If anything, wouldn't that have been extra incentive to go to Murdaca? I'm sure he's eager to prove them wrong.

He played against them back to back nights in February, he gave up 1 goal in 2 games on 39 total shots.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Congrats.

One more W.

Lesser of 2 evils ;).

On a serious note, Erie has done more this year, IMO to have earned and deserve title of National champs than Windsor has.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I am gravely concerned about Timpano in net. Either he's suddenly going to have to play much better or Knoblauch needs to keep him on a short leash. Erie isn't going to put up 6 goals the way DiPietro is playing.

Nonetheless, I am extremely excited for the game on Sunday. Erie finally gets their chance at a Memorial Cup title. Hope they make the most of it.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I am gravely concerned about Timpano in net. Either he's suddenly going to have to play much better or Knoblauch needs to keep him on a short leash. Erie isn't going to put up 6 goals the way DiPietro is playing.

Nonetheless, I am extremely excited for the game on Sunday. Erie finally gets their chance at a Memorial Cup title. Hope they make the most of it.

Totally agree with the short leash.

Enjoy Otter fans.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
little to late i think for Murdaca to start, even though I think he is the better goalie, tough to put him in that position in final now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad