GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hope you aren’t talking about the Rashford pen. He clearly took out Rashford’s back leg :laugh:
Rashford made the most of that. It was sloppy, but he didn't get him enough to cause him to be launched through the air.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rashford made the most of that. It was sloppy, but he didn't get him enough to cause him to be launched through the air.
He knocked his leg into his standing leg. If this was for Chelsea you’d be up in arms for it to be a PK.

At the speed Rashford was going it was absolutely enough.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
in watching the United and Arsenal matches in split screens, the amount of players who do bonehead shit is astounding.

the penalty for Rashford wasn't a ton of contact, but there was contact. It was a penalty. A player doesn't need to get scythed down to get a penalty.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wolves score 1-0. Four minutes left. The 6’7” gets a relatively free ball in the air and nods it in

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Agreed. I think he's ideally the first sub off the bench either in midfield or as a false 9. Rather than change the entire system, they should have just used him like that, and he'd get plenty of minutes rotating with Jesus, Martinelli, or Partey/Rice.

Best starting XI we can put out* is clearly:

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Rice - Partey - Odegaard
Zinchenko - Gabriel - Saliba - White​

*atm. If you could get NT-Kai (or Leverkusen-Kai) then I actually think he would be better for you than Jesus, but we don't often see NT-Kai in London. So I dunno if that's a question of him gelling/settling-in.

I sometimes wonder if he has a toxic relationship in London that he's not distracted by for the NT, and that's why he looks so different for club than he does for country :laugh:

FWIW I get Arteta's thinking, and if you had bought someone like Bellingham or Goretzka for that 8/10 role, the balance should be right. Kai's just more effective drifting around further forward; so you're either pulling him away from his spots to maintain proper balance or disbalancing things too much to let him do his thing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Didn't see a lot from Rice, especially in the second half. Hope every second of this guy lying around is added on top of the 9

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Redcard. 3
Rashford rolling around and kicking the ball out 3
Bruno bitching in English at refs 3
Bruno bitching in English at teammates 2

11 seems good to me
I’m pretty sure Utd gave Bruno the captaincy so he’d more safely be able to complain to the refs

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad