GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
A potentially season-defining matchweek. United goes to Brighton, who won handily in their first matchweek, in a game that could show the type of season United will have. Tottenham looks to actually win a match when they host Everton. Crystal Palace and West Ham face off to determine the second best team in London. And Arsenal will look to beat last season's boogeyman when they travel to Birmingham.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Brighton & Hove AlbionManchester UnitedSat., Aug. 24, 6:30 AMThe AmEx
Tottenham HotspurEvertonSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Crystal PalaceWest Ham UnitedSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMSelhurst Park
SouthamptonNottingham ForestSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMSt. Mary's Stadium
FulhamLeicester CitySat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Manchester CityIpswich TownSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMThe Etihad
Aston VillaArsenalSat., Aug. 24, 11:30 AMVilla Park
BournemouthNewcastle UnitedSun., Aug. 25, 8:00 AMVitality Stadium
Wolverhampton WanderersChelseaSun., Aug. 25, 8:00 AMMolineux Stadium
LiverpoolBrentfordSun., Aug. 25, 10:30 AMAnfield

Reactions: maclean

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A potentially season-defining matchweek. United goes to Brighton, who won handily in their first matchweek, in a game that could show the type of season United will have. Tottenham looks to actually win a match when they host Everton. Crystal Palace and West Ham face off to determine the second best team in London. And Arsenal will look to beat last season's boogeyman when they travel to Birmingham.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Brighton & Hove AlbionManchester UnitedSat., Aug. 24, 6:30 AMThe AmEx
Tottenham HotspurEvertonSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium
Crystal PalaceWest Ham UnitedSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMSelhurst Park
SouthamptonNottingham ForestSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMSt. Mary's Stadium
FulhamLeicester CitySat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Manchester CityIpswich TownSat., Aug. 24, 9:00 AMThe Etihad
Aston VillaArsenalSat., Aug. 24, 11:30 AMVilla Park
BournemouthNewcastle UnitedSun., Aug. 25, 8:00 AMVitality Stadium
Wolverhampton WanderersChelseaSun., Aug. 25, 8:00 AMMolineux Stadium
LiverpoolBrentfordSun., Aug. 25, 10:30 AMAnfield
Way too early to make claims like that. Or have you forgotten the start United had two season's ago?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's another tasty weekend, and 99% of the games are on peacock. I do want some revenge on Villians for what happened last season.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
We absolutely outplayed Villa in last seasons games but couldn’t take advantage. Let’s not make that mistake again. Emery and Martinez can go and f themself.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's another tasty weekend, and 99% of the games are on peacock. I do want some revenge on Villians for what happened last season.

I feel like there's been more games on USA last season and so far this than Peacock. I know Friday and Monday aren't always going to have games but those were on USA along with 1 on Saturday and 1 Sunday. So I'm paying extra for Peacock and missing out on 40% of the games.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Way too early to make claims like that. Or have you forgotten the start United had two season's ago?
If they lose 4-1 to brighton or something, I think it would be a big marker in their season outlook

It's because USA has a big women's golf tournament going on

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Is there any particular reason there's no Friday and Monday games? I know they do that later in the season when there's more match congestion, but that shouldn't be an issue now, should it?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I had a feeling that something like the 1-1 draw at Leicester was going to happen. I also have a feeling Everton will pay for it this weekend. Spurs drew opening week last year as well and ended up having a great start to the season.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I had a feeling that something like the 1-1 draw at Leicester was going to happen. I also have a feeling Everton will pay for it this weekend. Spurs drew opening week last year as well and ended up having a great start to the season.

On the other hand...

Maybe 19-year old Lankshear can get a sniff......oh.....he's out a few weeks.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton have a good record against United. One downside is Gross is no longer here for his guaranteed goal against them.

I think he ended with 7 goals and 4 or 5 assists in his games against United.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
  • Haha
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
13 degrees and rain in Brighton, fkin crazy. I'm melting here at 33, not that far from where they're playing, as the crow flies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad