GWT: EPL - Matchweek 11

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'll continue to beat this drum. Keep VAR for when a ref calls an on-field pen, and for head injuries anytime a play is stopped because of one (obvious embellishments are punished).

Abolish it everywhere else.
I'm of the opinion that VAR should be used for offsides (semi-automatic), penalties and anything that was legitimately not seen by the refs (e.g., if something happens behind the play and no official saw it)

Spurs now playing Emerson Royal and Eric Dier at CB....That's not great.
Next week Spurs might pass United as having the worst starting CB pairing this season

Reactions: GabeTravels

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I'm of the opinion that VAR should be used for offsides (semi-automatic), penalties and anything that was legitimately not seen by the refs (e.g., if something happens behind the play and no official saw it)
I'd agree with that. They are so obsessed with the process and the perception of the process that it's choking the life out of the game. Fans are frustrated, players frustrated, managers frustrated. That kind of tells you everything.

Reactions: gary69

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd agree with that. They are so obsessed with the process and the perception of the process that it's choking the life out of the game. Fans are frustrated, players frustrated, managers frustrated. That kind of tells you everything.
I guess the one other thing would be any other egregious violation. Like Hand of God level of egregious.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Which makes no sense. You get a lesser punishment for denying a goal scoring opportunity. You can't blame Oliver as he has to call it by the book. It just seems like there should be room for grey areas.
No, you have it backwards.
Red card worthy tackle in the box - red card + pen
Red card worthy tackle anywhere else - red card
Normal tackle in the box - pen
Normal tackle in the box + DOGSO (but play on ball) - yellow card + pen
Normal tackle out of the box + DOGSO - red card
Normal tackle in the box + DOGSO (no play on ball) - red card + pen.

This was a tackle deemed worthy of a red card for the nature of the tackle. The punishment shouldn't be less for that type of tackle because it's in the box.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Suck that Chelsea have purchased that many players and still have no decent option on the bench
It's been a problem all season. The only silver lining is that Chelsea's squad is 5-7 players too big and constantly having 7-12 players injured has allowed for them to avoid tough decisions with big names out of the squad.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Tottenham have been better at the start of 2nd half. Sterling messed up that counter attack badly.

Should have passed earlier, but at least Udogie got sent off.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why he was still even in the game. He's been pretty reckless with his challenges all game and was on a yellow. That's on the coach.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think Romero is fantastic but he's so prone to this kind of shit that I'm unsure how to weigh him on the balance.

Over the course of the season, it leans favorable. But if you are in knockouts, how are you not worried?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad