GWT: EPL - Matchweek 11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Would've loved to see an angle from behind the net, but at first glance that's not interfering.

The penalty and red is probably right, even as a Spurs fan.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How can you give a red for a foul in the penalty area but not give a pen?

Because it was on a follow through. Romero won the ball so Fernandez wasn't impeded from scoring. The follow through was hard enough for the red.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That's a copy cat of Curtis Jones red card. It does not mater if you touch the ball it's what follow through. At least they are being consistent (kind of) with it

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Udogie should be off, Sterling saved him.

Deserved red for Romero, one of the dumbest players I've ever seen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yes I get that but he's also clearing the ball, it's hard to stop your foot right after you hit the ball. The red I can see but not the penalty.
Udogie was also clearing and winning the ball but no one complains about his card because it's very obviously at least reckless and potentially endangering the safety of the opponent.

Because it was on a follow through. Romero won the ball so Fernandez wasn't impeded from scoring. The follow through was hard enough for the red.
It's a direct free kick foul so it's automatically a pen since it happened in the box. Even in an absurd situation where the ball is on the other end of the pitch, if you Zidane'd someone in the box, it's a pen as well as a red purely because of where it happened.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another disallowed goal. What's te record in one half?
I don't know if it's the record, but they had 3 in the first 30 minutes of the Monaco/Brest game yesterday. Crazy too.
Two were inches offside, one was called off for a very arguable foul. Brest felt robbed.

Reactions: gary69

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Udogie was also clearing and winning the ball but no one complains about his card because it's very obviously at least reckless and potentially endangering the safety of the opponent.

It's a direct free kick foul so it's automatically a pen since it happened in the box. Even in an absurd situation where the ball is on the other end of the pitch, if you Zidane'd someone in the box, it's a pen as well as a red purely because of where it happened.

Why not an indirect free kick?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
VAR sucks so much. I don't care about getting every call 100% right to the point where the entertainment product is this much worse. I miss the days when you could celebrate when your favorite team scored a goal, instead of having to wait 10 seconds minimum to make sure there's no VAR checks.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What is the issue with VAR here? I am just curious what people feel was done wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad