Proposal: EP40 for Drai. Who says no!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Don’t know how you can say this with a straight face. Vancouver’s market is night and day harsher and difficult to play in than Edmonton. Like what?
Lol

How many people attend a Canucks game if the weather is -25, snow waist high, and they are in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.?

Yes because the expectation of making the playoffs is higher than winning a cup. 😅

Man if you guys just Make the playoffs your fans will be licking boots.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Completely and laughably false. The stat you’re looking for is PPG, not points, and due to Drai’s small sample size it’s meaningless to anybody who actually understands how statistics work.
Let's put this in perspective to see how meaningless this is. If he got 0 points in his next 20 playoff games he would still be ahead of Crosby's current ppg total. If he gets 0 points in his next 51 playoff games he would still be in the top 75 or so players all timeout of about 400 for ppg in the playoffs with at least 100 game played. His .77 pts per game would tie him with Stamkos' current rate. If he got 24 points in that span he'd be in the top 20. To stay at #3 based on the current group he would need only 47 points in those 51 games.

Realistically he finishes his career in the top 5 all time with at least 90% certainty if he plays 75-100 games.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just a fun fact ... Draisaitl is the highest performing player in the modern NHL history in the playoffs and only behind two guys named Gretzky and Lemieux in the history of the NHL.

Real playoffs too, not just the bubble where half the players wanted to go home.

Also for a "2 way genius" I'd expect something better than a +2. That's in front of Demko, what would that be in front of Campbell/Skinner? In the minus range.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Just a fun fact ... Draisaitl is the highest performing player in the modern NHL history in the playoffs and only behind two guys named Gretzky and Lemieux in the history of the NHL.

Real playoffs too, not just the bubble where half the players wanted to go home.

Also for a "2 way genius" I'd expect something better than a +2. That's in front of Demko, what would that be in front of Campbell/Skinner? In the minus range.
Funny cuz he's not even top 20 in playoff scoring amongst active players.

You can't play the recency bias card both ways dude.

Even as far as single season records go for playoff scoring, Geno, Kucherov, Point all have him beat. Kuznetzov and Crosby right there with him.

When it comes down to it EP40 is one of the league's only actual complete players with a lot left in the tank at age 25. This is just a dumb comparison from the start.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Vancouver says no. An overlooked factor is age...Draisaitl is three years older than Petterson. That is three more years of production, not to discount Petterson’s superior two-way value.
Everyone keeps pushing this superior 2 way play thing.. any stats to back this up ?

Funny how people always push this arbitrary statement and never have any context

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Funny cuz he's not even top 20 in playoff scoring amongst active players.

You can't play the recency bias card both ways dude.

Even as far as single season records go for playoff scoring, Geno, Kucherov, Point all have him beat. Kuznetzov and Crosby right there with him.

When it comes down to it EP40 is one of the league's only actual complete players with a lot left in the tank at age 25. This is just a dumb comparison from the start.
You realize that this is entirely a function of games played? The reference was in terms of PPG. As I said in a previous post he could go the next 20 playoff games without a point and his PPG would still be higher than Crosby's current number.

Reactions: Duke74

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Lol

How many people attend a Canucks game if the weather is -25, snow waist high, and they are in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.?

Yes because the expectation of making the playoffs is higher than winning a cup. 😅

Man if you guys just Make the playoffs your fans will be licking boots.
Cool story.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Remember when there was a subset of posters on this board who thought "Gaudreau is practically as good as McDavid and dominating 2 way play this year!" when he was having a career year with every star aligning for him and like +64 ... Pepperidge Farms remembers. And +64 is two-way dominance, +2 ... gimme a break.

Leon has more 50 goal seasons than Petterson has 70 point seasons.

Last edited:

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
You realize that this is entirely a function of games played? The reference was in terms of PPG. As I said in a previous post he could go the next 20 playoff games without a point and his PPG would still be higher than Crosby's current number.
And Crosby, and his 3 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes, would still be the better playoff performer in modern NHL history.

Because winning matters a lot more than points per game does.

Clutching to his ppg average over his shorter period of GP in the postseason is also the exact same reason EP40 is so much more valuable. EP40 has Crosby level potential. Draisatl from what we've seen, doesn't.

• Haha

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Both teams. This is not a trade that happens in the NHL or any sport really beyond a few one off examples.

The risk to both sides is so massive, particularly optically, if the player you acquire ends up being noticeably worse or if the other team goes on to far greater team success. It would lead to an immediate firing of the GM and leadership group, and tarnish their reputation forever.

What's the upside? Maybe you think the other player fits your system better or is a bit better overall? The chances of this being something which puts your franchise over the top is low and beyond that you're just hoping for luck to be on your side.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And Crosby, and his 3 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes, would still be the better playoff performer in modern NHL history.

Clutching to his ppg average over his shorter period of GP in the postseason is also the exact same reason EP40 is so much more valuable. EP40 has Crosby level potential. Draisatl from what we've seen, doesn't.

Petterson has scored over 70 points one time in his career, but also he's Crosby, lol.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

One player has 77 points in 49 games. The other has 18 in 17 which he did at age 21. At the same age Leon had 16 points in 13 games. (And before you say Yah but McDavid, McDavid had 9 points in the same year and they did not play on the same line together). Are you seriously going to argue that this is advantage to Pettersson. And winning is a team thing. But if you want to press that issue Pettersson has been watching the playoffs most of his career. The last two years a healthy Pettersson led his team to 0 playoff games being played. Quite a resume to back up your claim if you think winning is what counts.

As far as Pettersson being elite defensively that is a myth. Both he and Leon has similar metrics playing vs top talent except Pettersson tends to get a lot more offensive zone starts while Leon is tasked with far more defensive zone starts being better at faceoffs.

Finally, arguing the Pettersson has Crosby potential suggests to me that you are simply trolling. At least I hope that is the case because otherwise I don't even know what to say.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
A hot 20 game start doesn’t suddenly discount 5 years of being a top 3-4 player in the league.

I can understand taking EP with the upcoming contract Drai gets, but Drai is ahead. Edmonton says no.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Cool story.
Most true stories are cool.

Lol

😄😄😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How do you even follow up this gem.

Post of the year candidate.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Draisaitl >>>>>>> Pettersson

Draisaitl doesn’t need Hughes to perform amd make players around him better.

Are you sure EP is making his team better? The Canucks have made the playoffs once in the past 8 years lol

I've seen Draisaitl play many times without McDavid and I'm not impressed.

Pettersson is a stud at both ends of the ice. Offensive isn't everything. I take the 200ft player everytime.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Draisatl has been at the top or near the top in GWG year after year.
He is also one of the top face off men in the league year after year. (In both volume of faceoffs taken and %)
He also plays more minutes.

All good players play with other good players so that age old point is not that big of a factor, discounting Drai becasue of McDavid? Fine Discount Petterson due to Hughes.

These type of comparisons are always pretty funny because they devolve into trying to dump dirt on the player you do not favor as if they are terrible as opposed to pumping the guy you like.

Both terrific players any team in the league would love to have.

I also had no idea who 'EP40' was when I entered this thread showing once again that I am a Boomer and not young and hip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad