Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Unfortunately, the way it works is that veterans have to play themselves out of a spot and young players have to play their way in.
maybe thats half our issue, were stuck with the likes of Gallagher, Evans, etc over guys that are outperforming them. Let the players that earned their spots, play.

Reactions: Tuggy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Gallagher has played himself out of the NHL. As far as Pearson goes, fair enough.
Gallagher's contract is an anchor that ties him to the NHL unfortunately.

But everyone knows the Habs can't be under the cap without sending down a lots of players, so why keep them up if they aren't making the club...

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How much ice time can this guy get realistically if he plays on the 4th line , I'm not so sure MSL/Management are gonna put gallagher and armia in the doghouse if they are ready to go and healthy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Definitely has the skating, physicality and shot to be an effective bottom 6 player. I don’t see a top 6 player, but that’s okay. Every team needs good bottom 6 guys.

Jul 6, 2016
Afraid they like him as bottom 6 and don't give him a proper chance in the top 6 (see Lehkonen)
The guy will create his own chances by his play. Lehkonen was better than they thought, but Habs had Toffoli and Tatar in front of him on lw, and Caufield and Anderson (and Gally) on the right side.... I am the first to say that he should had been kept. The return (Barron) was not enough for him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
His shot is really wicked tho. That release is surprisingly fast. Everytime he shoots the puck, everyone is caught off guard. I have not seen much ability to create his own chances, which is a shame because it doesn't allow him to take advantage of that release.

Also, I'm surprised there isn't more mention of physicality. He's a strong boy and hits hard. He's only 21. He's going to get stronger.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
His shot is really wicked tho. That release is surprisingly fast. Everytime he shoots the puck, everyone is caught off guard. I have not seen much ability to create his own chances, which is a shame because it doesn't allow him to take advantage of that release.

Also, I'm surprised there isn't more mention of physicality. He's a strong boy and hits hard. He's only 21. He's going to get stronger.
It looks like he's creating his own chances because he does not need much space to get it off , he doesn't really drive play but his wicked shot causes rebounds/disruptions which lead to offensive chances.

And yeah he's suprisingly strong for his age , I think we have a NHL player here

Reactions: NewDef

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'd rather see him playing top minutes in the AHL than a 4th line role on the big team. He can do the dirty work, but he's more than that.

Reactions: NewDef and Andy

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
maybe thats half our issue, were stuck with the likes of Gallagher, Evans, etc over guys that are outperforming them. Let the players that earned their spots, play.
Who's outperfoming Evans? He's looked pretty damn good as a 4th line centre, especially last night. What, suddenly guys like Ylonen or Heineman should be nhl 4th liners??? They aren't checkers or defensive forwards and they haven't outperformed Evans. Even RHP hasn't looked that great so far. None of them have earned squat.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Who's outperfoming Evans? He's looked pretty damn good as a 4th line centre, especially last night. What, suddenly guys like Ylonen or Heineman should be nhl 4th liners??? They aren't checkers or defensive forwards and they haven't outperformed Evans. Even RHP hasn't looked that great so far. None of them have earned squat.
Heineman did not do enough to earn a spot and doesn't have to go through Waivers.
Ylonen didn't do enough either but has to go through waivers.
Neither deserve to be on the 23 man roster.
If we are honest, RHP didn't do much either. He probably makes the team because of the 14 goals he scored last season.

Reactions: schwang26

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Heineman did not do enough to earn a spot and doesn't have to go through Waivers.
Ylonen didn't do enough either but has to go through waivers.
Neither deserve to be on the 23 man roster.
If we are honest, RHP didn't do much either. He probably makes the team because of the 14 goals he scored last season.

I still want to see if Ylonen can cut down on the turnovers if he gets more reps/experience.

I'd rather give him ice time to do that than give Armia ice time.

Reactions: Tyson

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Are people really arguing about Heineman playing top line and PP1 in Laval versus 4th line NHL?

I mean, why should we ice a 4th line at this point? The guy is a depth forward with size, physicality and PK.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think he could breakout a little older like Lehkonen. It wouldn't hurt him to start in Laval while we figure out how to launch a few vets into outer space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad