Elite Prospects Top 100 Affiliated Prospect Skaters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Nikishin & Yurov criminally underrated here. When you put up big #s in the KHL as a prospect, that should be a very clear sign

Reactions: DaveG

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
A disguisting 24th, up from 33rd place last year
They've always had it out for Russian prospects on that site. They screeched like banshees when Mukhamadullin went 1st round (it's on their live stream of that particular draft) and write think pieces about the "decline of Russian hockey" when more players from Russia and Belarus are being drafted highly than ever before.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
They've always had it out for Russian prospects on that site. They screeched like banshees when Mukhamadullin went 1st round (it's on their live stream of that particular draft) and write think pieces about the "decline of Russian hockey" when more players from Russia and Belarus are being drafted highly than ever before.
Honestly, I never take these things too seriously, but I was wondering why Miroshnichenko wasn't on their list at all.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Little shocking to see Seamus casey on the list at all. Only 6 points behind Hutson this year and the same height. Lots of the defenseman later in the ranking have worse stats and are only taller then Casey.

Arseni Gritsyuk Had another great year and had more points in the KHL which is a professional men's league then a lot of the players in the NCAA, CHL, Euro league on this list. probably a Russian thing.

Still wondering if anyone can share the Honorable mentioned players.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
He's an ok prospect, but he has lost a big development year with his injury, was the 6th best scorer on a stacked Michigan team behind guys like Brindley, Duke, Hughes...

Add to that he's on the small side, projects like a winger and that I don't see a safe bottom 6 floor for him like I see for a guy like McGroarty (that outproduced him big time while playing playoffs style hockey and being team USA captain at the U20s), who played on the same team as him and was drafted on the same year.

You'd pick Nazar over the guys I listed? No way he is a top 15 prospect in all hockey.
Yes he did lose a freshman year with a hip injury and played his sophomore year centering the second line and second power play without the benefit of being with Rutger or Gavin and averaged a point per game.
Yes he is smaller but lined up at center all year long on a top team. Centered on pk.
Rutger being a captain is cool but is that held against every player that’s not the captain on a U20 team?
As far as taking him above the others you mentioned I’m a big fan of his. Prospect lists like this are a bit funny to me because it’s just opinion based. Your meh on him and others are yeh on him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Weird list. It’s far too generous to the 2024 draft (according to this list it should pan out as the best draft of all time to warrant these rankings), and just seems a bit random. Danielson as the 4th best Wings prospect when he’s widely regarded as our #1? Reinbacher moving up significantly after a pretty brutal season? Iginla as the 9th best prospect in all of hockey? Nikishin behind Dickinson and others? The top swedish juniors Pellikka/Lekkerimäki way down in 37th/43rd?
Just seems like they wrote down names in the order they remembered them and forgot to actually rank them.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Theo Lindstein not even getting at least an 'Honorable Mention' after his performance at the WJC is crazy to me. He deserves to be in the Top 100.

For all the hype about the 2023 draft class, the recency bias for the 2024 class flooded this list.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Sooner than later people are going to wake up and realize they have been severely underrating Theo Lindstein. Him not even being an honorable mention on this list is a glaring omission.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad