Elias Pettersson vs Tim Stützle

Who do you take ? (INCLUDING CONTRACTS)

• Elias Pettersson from Vancouver

• Tim Stützle from Ottawa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Okay but are you guys being genuine ? Cause I know you’re a Habs fan and a Leafs fan respectively , and sometimes biased views are formed. I’m not calling you guys biased, I’m just kindly asking for the authenticity of the post.

For what it’s worth if I truly felt like you guys were biased ,I would have not even bothered with my request

Kindly regards,

Coffee

I'm super biased, I admit it, but at the same time, Petterson has been better than Stützle at pretty much every steps IMO

Can Stützle overcome him at one point? Maybe.
But if I'm a GM, in 2024, and I have to pick one of them, the body of work of Petey is simply better. AND he's also 25 years old, so, still super young

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I'm super biased, I admit it, but at the same time, Petterson has been better than Stützle at pretty much every steps IMO

But if I'm a GM, in 2024, and I have to pick one of them, the body of work of Petey is simply better. AND he's also 25 years old, so, still super young
Fair points

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pettersson still not looking dialed in.. time to panic for Vancouver?

Panic? Why?

I mean, it is what it is. Panic isn't going to do anything...and frankly, there's not that much to even conceivably "panic" about. Just wait for him to come back around again. Ideally sooner...rather than later. Even Petey when he's off and saddled with underwhelming or worse wingers, is still more or less a PPG Top-6 Center. It's just frustrating because he's obviously capable of more. It just only seems to happen...when he feels like it.

Eventually he'll feel inspired again, i'm sure. More likely than not though, this is just...who Pettersson is. Unless he has some sort of great revelation that changes him greatly, he's probably going to spend his career being intermittently a lot less good than he's capable of being. Probably just have to live with that and ride the highs when he is firing on all cylinders and totally engaged. :dunno:

Reactions: Coffees

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

What do you mean?

Sttuzle is not even 23 y/o yet and has 247 pts before this season. Pettersson had 153 NHL pts at that age

Stutzle had 90 pts in his 20 y/o season, something that has been very rare the past 30 years. He regressed last season but played injured all year. We'll see what he's made off this year.

Pettersson is a bit more than 3 years older and has 163 more points in career. If he stays healthy, Stutzle could eclipse by the time he turns 26

Reactions: Golden_Jet

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What do you mean?

Sttuzle is not even 23 y/o yet and has 247 pts before this season. Pettersson had 153 NHL pts at that age

Stutzle had 90 pts in his 20 y/o season, something that has been very rare the past 30 years. He regressed last season but played injured all year. We'll see what he's made off this year.

Pettersson is a bit more than 3 years older and has 163 more points in career. If he stays healthy, Stutzle could eclipse by the time he turns 26
That's great but I think the question is who would you rather have going forward and for me it's EP40 even with the contract and I like Stutzle but he has to actually do that and I'm not sure that he ever will.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What do you mean?

I think the poster is suggesting that Pettersson has been better when comparing years straight up rather than at similar developments, so would take the more proven player. Ie, Stutzle might have the potential to surpass him but he’d take Pettersson until proven otherwise.

That said, the difference in their D+3 seasons is exaggerated by the Covid shutdown and league scoring rising. Both finished 20th in league scoring and Stutzle was only 6 point ahead in adjusted numbers (85 to 79).

Although Pettersson is pissing me off to the point where I’d probably make this trade easily at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad