Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

All of this just makes me think it’s mostly inside his head, which is not a surprise. Could be something behind the scenes, could be his knee still bothering him to x degree, but really it’s likely a confidence issue. He just has to perform.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
this is what I noticed. So shortly after, he kinda struggled in 2021

he was put onto Millers towards the end of 2022, at a 88 point pace in the 2nd half of that season.

that continued on in 2023 where he played a bulk of his game with JT Miller and Kuzmenko.

2024 he racked up a ton of points in our own Lotto line which was Miller Boesser and Petterson, (our version of Mcdrai line) where all 3 members were average 3 points per game.

he split them up and that's when his production plummeted.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I told you all he wasn’t happy and I believe it’s because of the contract pressure.

I don’t think he wants to be in Vancouver

I think this is total BS........sorry I think he's unhappy cus he hasn't been able to get it done for whatever reasons.......

Very interesting commentary by Boudreau talking about how he always wanted to be the guy - the guy playing against the McDavid's and McKinnons........which I love.

I just think that for whatever reason he hasn't been able to get it done and it's affecting him. He seems to be subject to having his confidence not as high as it could be if he isn't playing well...........Any conjecture about him not wanting to be here I think are not at all based on reality........VAn is a great city, has a very good history with Swedish players and he willingly signed a great contract to continue on a very promising team...........That's not it......not buying it one bit.

Reactions: crowfish

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
It was the worst playoff performance relative to salary/expectation in franchise history. He was given a monumental free pass for it. Compare the treatment a guy like Marner has received for playing miles better than that in Toronto vs. Pettersson having the whole building chanting for him to 'support him' and 'get him going'.
That’s a crock. There was no free pass. He got called out for his playoff performance by plenty of people, and using that chant thing doesn’t add weight to this nonsense. Brough tried to get that going because Pettersson was getting so much heat that Brought tried to turn it. It lasted maybe one game.

Btw, I thought he was good tonight again.

I told you all he wasn’t happy and I believe it’s because of the contract pressure.

I don’t think he wants to be in Vancouver
This is also a crock. Pure speculative nonsense

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Interesting that the first year of his new contract doesn't have any trade protection but starting next season full NMC. I suppose the team was covering their bases in case of a change in scenery being needed. Maybe Carolina still is an option?

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Much better game in Florida. Ideally he would be the one lifting his linemates but if he needs Garly and Hog to bring him along so be it - it's crucial that he gets going regardless of how it happens.

Just missed on another chance right in front and could have picked up some assists if Debrusk finished.

Continues to be solid defensively.

Reactions: maroon 6

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
After getting an absolutely astounding free pass from fans/media here for his playoff performance last year, people are noticing the sample size now and the pressure is only going to go up.
Its because of his injury status that you keep forgetting to include in your assesment.

It all makes sense when you remember that.

It becomes the bizzarre story that you keep telling only when you remove the injuries from the time line.

Hope that helps.

The whataboutism is honestly baffling.

Why are some so desperately trying to find something or someone else to blame other than the player himself lol.

He's being paid like a TOP 5 player. If he's not going to perform like it (and in this case, nowhere close to it) there's going to be heat and justifiably so. Simple as that.
What you see as excuses I see as reasons for what is going on. No need to get pissed that some posters wont join you in the emotional reactions to his struggles.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The whataboutism is honestly baffling.

Why are some so desperately trying to find something or someone else to blame other than the player himself lol.

He's being paid like a TOP 5 player. If he's not going to perform like it (and in this case, nowhere close to it) there's going to be heat and justifiably so. Simple as that.
To me this sounds more emotional than rational.

• Haha
Reactions: Regal

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It was the perfect game for him to get some confidence back given how poor Florida's zone coverage was tonight, and there were a ton of open players to make easy passes to. There was one play where he actually outwaited the high forward and made a move around him to have an open look in the slot, which we used to see a lot of.

Even if this was his best game of the season so far, if you showed me this game 2 years ago, I'd say he was average. Baby steps.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
this is what I noticed. So shortly after, he kinda struggled in 2021

he was put onto Millers towards the end of 2022, at a 88 point pace in the 2nd half of that season.

that continued on in 2023 where he played a bulk of his game with JT Miller and Kuzmenko.

2024 he racked up a ton of points in our own Lotto line which was Miller Boesser and Petterson, (our version of Mcdrai line) where all 3 members were average 3 points per game.

he split them up and that's when his production plummeted.
This doesnt sound right.

You can check his line mates each year here:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad