Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Its only 3 games, but I think you definitely want to see Petey play better than he has so far for his new contract, especially if he hinted that tendonitis was a factor in his play being affected last season/playoffs. I'm not worried yet but definitely hoping Petey starts to show up because we will win significantly more games if he does.
I think to most people (including me) the points are awesome but it’s the urgency and tenacity and the desire to use the talents he has but for some reason refuses to do so that is making us sick of his play.

Like dude just do what you’re capable and being paid to do. I don’t want you to be Tom Wilson but use your skill set to the level you can every shift.

Reactions: Misko and MS

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Its only 3 games, but I think you definitely want to see Petey play better than he has so far for his new contract, especially if he hinted that tendonitis was a factor in his play being affected last season/playoffs. I'm not worried yet but definitely hoping Petey starts to show up because we will win significantly more games if he does.

It's not like he's going through a cold streak or is snake bitten where he's just unlucky. His play has been bad since the All Star break for the last ~40 games which is even more concerning

He looks timid and disinterested out there, constantly shying away from contact. You have to wonder if there's still a nagging injury or if the issue is all between the ears (or both).

This team isn't going anywhere without Pettersson snapping out of his funk

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
For all the whining from the critics about "can't complain about EP around here cuz fanbois" it's clear that all of the exaggerations, ridiculously bombastic comments and borderline trolling are coming solely from the critics, not the "fanboys".
The last time when Pettersson slumped for the first half of the season and turned it around. Does anyone recall what exactly triggered it or he just gradually became better? I think season with 68 pts.
Gradually became better. He was one of the few who didn't get an immediate Bruce bump, it was more around Jan/Feb that his play started to tick up and it carried into the next season.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
For all the whining from the critics about "can't complain about EP around here cuz fanbois" it's clear that all of the exaggerations, ridiculously bombastic comments and borderline trolling are coming solely from the critics, not the "fanboys".

Gradually became better. He was one of the few who didn't get an immediate Bruce bump, it was more around Jan/Feb that his play started to tick up and it carried into the next season.
Yeah he maintained a 100+ point pace between december 2021 and February 2024. By far his most consistent and impressive stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad