Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Whether he's worth 11.6M or not is irrelevant at this point. We've hinged our bets on him and he isn't getting traded. So the best course of action is figuring out whatever way helps make him a better player for us.
People spend most of the day talking about Benning who has been gone for years.

I think talking about a contract that lasts 8 years and started this year is relevant.

He absolutely can and should be traded if his on ice play and body language continue.

I want him to play like he has the potential to but this version of him that’s been here almost half a season needs to shape up or be shipped out.

How unfair is his current play to Miller, Hughes, Boeser and Garland who show up 80-90% of the time? Can’t have a financial and production boat anchor around people who are trying to win.

10 more games of his Naslund impression and start shopping him.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1000062561.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
If Petey is supposed to play elite now
every game because of his paycheck , how do you explain McDavid and Draisitle getting shut out ?

The sooner something distracts this city away from Petterson , the sooner this will turn around. Throwing as much negative energy as you can at it will just make it worse and worse.

BTW, i think he played fine. He played better than Mcdrai.

lol. Large sample size...
Drai was questionable to even play Game 2 in the playoffs because he was hurt and exhausted. How did he manage to put up 14 points against Canucks while supposedly knee injured Petey completely vanished not only during the playoffs, but half the season leading up to it.

Certain players ask for the money and have the mentality to do what it takes to get the job done.

Any more excuses?
I'm pretty sure he was going to turn it around as soon as he signed and those contract extension distraction was over.
Maybe he can go somewhere with no fans so they're be no negative energy.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
People spend most of the day talking about Benning who has been gone for years.

I think talking about a contract that lasts 8 years and started this year is relevant.

He absolutely can and should be traded if his on ice play and body language continue.

I want him to play like he has the potential to but this version of him that’s been here almost half a season needs to shape up or be shipped out.

How unfair is his current play to Miller, Hughes, Boeser and Garland who show up 80-90% of the time? Can’t have a financial and production boat anchor around people who are trying to win.

10 more games of his Naslund impression and start shopping him.
Miller went pretty much a full year being bad during the Covid season.

He also had a terrible 50 game stretch of poor defensive performances in the 2022-2023 season until Tocchet arrived. Meanwhile Pettersson (and if you want references of the games I’m talking about I can give them to you) single-handedly won us games we had no business being in. That whole year he was an absolute two-way beast and finished with Selke votes on a bottom league team. Yet somehow this fanbase selectively ignores this fact.

The last 3 years his most consistent linemates have been: Mikheyev, Lafferty, Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Chiasson, Beauvillier, Sprong, Podkolzin, and now Debrusk. No other $11M player has linemates anywhere close to this level. Yet Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Beauvillier have all had or were projected to have CAREER seasons playing beside Pettersson, and I’m not even counting Hoglander who himself also had a career year but admittedly played up and down the line up.

Petey has had 5 5+ point games. Draisaitl and Kucherov have had 6. Mackinnon 7. McDavid/Crosby/Malkin have more than 8.

He has 413pts in 407 games. there are only 11 players with a career PPG at the moment in the NHL.

I agree the last 40 games (6g, 17a, 23pts) he’s been dogshit. Tendinitis, contract, mental/confidence etc has played a large part in his current struggles, but the amount of disrespect he’s had by our fanbase is completely and disproportionately disingenuous.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Certain players ask for the money and have the mentality to do what it takes to get the job done.

Any more excuses?
I'm pretty sure he was going to turn it around as soon as he signed and those contract extension distraction was over.
Maybe he can go somewhere with no fans so they're be no negative energy.
I am obviously talking about this season. If you want to judge Petey over 1 or 2 games then its only fair to judge all of the other big money players over 1 or 2 games.

Mackinnon got drubbed 8 to 4 and went scoreless. Mcdavid and Drai got drubbed 6 nothing. Its almost like getting a big paycheck doesn't automatically translate into goals and points every gameday. What are we even talking about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad