Dreger: Elias Pettersson + Quinn Hughes | PART 2 : Final Countdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The comparable are there, Barzal/B.Point bridge, Aho 5 yr term
I think one thing that hurts a bit for EP value is that he doesn’t take face offs and he’s a center.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It seems absurd to me that NHL teams should have to fight so hard to keep assets like Pettersson in their system so early. Not that I'm on the side of the billionaire owners, %$#@ em, but us fans deserve a little consistency in our rosters, especially when the scouts pan gold.

I'm a union guy all the way, but the NHL union is perversion of that - they should be making sure non-bonus babies get a decent living, not pandering to agents and superstars to assure them nauseating amounts of dough.

If the player is top 10-20 in their position by the time their ELC contract is up, should they not be paid like one?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Utica Comets fan.

So I’d guess NJD as his NHL team...but I’ll let him confirm or deny on his own.
Or you could just look at his join date and realize the Devils haven't played a game as "The Comets" yet. Yes, their AHL team is going to be the Comets this year, but I'll let you check out who had them before the Devils.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Or you could just look at his join date and realize the Devils haven't played a game as "The Comets" yet. Yes, their AHL team is going to be the Comets this year, but I'll let you check out who had them before the Devils.

Oh, I’m aware.

Not suggesting it because the Comets are the new NJD affiliates, but because most of the Comets posters (from in and around the Utica area) on the Canucks board over the last few years are self proclaimed NJD fans, well before the affiliation was announced.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Oh, I’m aware—that’s why I said NJD.

Not because the Comets are the new NJD affiliates, but because most of the Comets posters on the Canucks board over the last few years are self proclaimed NJD fans, well before the affiliation was announced.
That's very strange but I won't fight it.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It seems absurd to me that NHL teams should have to fight so hard to keep assets like Pettersson in their system so early. Not that I'm on the side of the billionaire owners, %$#@ em, but us fans deserve a little consistency in our rosters, especially when the scouts pan gold.

I'm a union guy all the way, but the NHL union is perversion of that - they should be making sure non-bonus babies get a decent living, not pandering to agents and superstars to assure them nauseating amounts of dough.

Superstars are who make the league money. Nobody is paying to watch the Brandon Sutters and Tucker Poolmans.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
teenagers have the wrong attitude. Believe they deserve the best with little effort to show for.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
So Barzal deal for EP and Dahlin deal for Hughes? Then see again in 3 years when cap gone up and Myers/Pearson are of the books?

Agreed.
Not sure the hold up here - If it’s the team not willing to go that far or if players are holding out for more.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Brisson is probably playing hard ball with 5 year term to take Pettersson to UFA. The money a #1c in will get offered on the market is always wild.

I could see Hughes doing a bridge... but also only wanting 2 years or something on his next deal..

Canucks will likely always be in cap hell at this rate. Unless they're garbage and both sign in Detroit or something for disgusting amounts of money in 5 years.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
My comparables in a flat cap are..............

Hughes = Dahlin...................that is a 3 year 6 million per

Pettersson = Barzal...............that is a 3 year 7 million per

I think these are fair comparisons

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
teenagers have the wrong attitude. Believe they deserve the best with little effort to show for.

Perhaps your new to professional sports, you should really look up what agents do and specifically the influence they have on these so called "teenagers"

Also realistically it's the business, acting like listening to your agent and capitalizing on the market is the " wrong attitude" is a very misinformed opinion.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I don't get how it's a big deal either way. It's a negotiation. Both sides have to make a deal. Not much to do with "the union".

If Benning thinks he can survive the season without his two best players, that's on him. If Petey/Hughes think sitting out the season is better for their long-term career earnings, that's on them.

nazzy_012

Nov 22, 2006
Petey and Hughes to Buffalo for Dahlin and Eichel

Let brisson negotiate with Adams

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Ik Hughes isn’t perfect, but Christ what’s the deal with all the shit he gets? Yes he ain’t perfect in his zone, but he’s a magician with the puck and will only get better.
Benning Bros have decided that Benning is simulataneously a genius for drafting these elite players at the draft postion they were drafted AND a genius for not giving these bums what they want.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Agreed.
Not sure the hold up here - If it’s the team not willing to go that far or if players are holding out for more.
My guess is the team wants term and the players want bridge. Thing is they really don't have the cap for long term deals, so best for both parties would be these reasonable bridge deals. But maybe the players want more money even on a bridge?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Benning Bros have decided that Benning is simulataneously a genius for drafting these elite players at the draft postion they were drafted AND a genius for not giving these bums what they want.
Only the absolute most gifted of geniuses can accomplish both of those things at the same time.

You can see why Mr Aquilini has kept Jimmy around all these years; when you have a man who possesses such rare abilities you do everything in your power to keep him around for as long as you can.

Reactions: Strangelove

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I tell ya. Today's kids, you just can't reach them. It's always about themselves with these youngsters.

Imagine Jimmy's frustration. He makes sure to take care of a veteran like Tanner Pearson, who's a good family guy, and now these spoiled punks who don't have a care in the world go out and hire fancy lawyers and are asking more than he's got left to spend.

Last edited:
Reactions: krutovsdonut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad