Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don’t understand after watching Florida play for the last 2 yrs how coaching staffs haven’t adequately adjusted to there relentless forechecking.
We know the Defence will be pressured constantly what’s the counter to that?
I feel when we play Florida we fall right into the Florida trap. Try to out hit them and play there game. There on the dirtier side (which is part of the game) but it seems we encourage it. If we could play our game and make Florida play our game and limit mistakes then there forced to adjust and that’s when mistakes happen that we can capitalize on instead of them constantly capitalizing on our mistakes.
Everyone in the league has watched Florida play and still struggles against their forecheck. A strong aggressive forecheck is really hard to beat. One of the ways to counter it is with quick outs (quick retrieval and a quick pass out of the zone). That was the adjustment Edmonton made in the middle of the series. Their D would go back and just slam pucks out right before getting hit and EDM had forwards in the neutral zone catching those passes and it created odd man rushes for them. It almost turned the series but Florida's forecheck won-out in G7.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
L
Not to overreact to isolated events in early season games, but Elias and Marchand hooked up for one 4-on-4 goal and had another killer chance on the PK together, which has bells going off in my head that maybe the magic combo isn't Lindholm-Pasta but Marchand-Lindholm. Poitras hooking up with Pasta in OT only deepened that feeling. At least to try out Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle/Geekie/Freddy? and Zacha-Poitras-Pasta a little bit, no?

Or hell, maybe we just pull a Bruce and go top heavy with Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta.
Lindholm would have 10 points if he had finishers on his line. Zacka is where chances to go die! Marchand should be on that line for sure.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Marchand is not a 1st line player anymore.
Yes, it is time for Brad to start adjusting his game. His aging regression and the surgeries have caught up with him. He needs to stop trying to beat guys one on one and become more of a supporting player at this point in his career.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes, it is time for Brad to start adjusting his game. His aging regression and the surgeries have caught up with him. He needs to stop trying to beat guys one on one and become more of a supporting player at this point in his career.
You are correct, he needs to adjust his game, he always relied on his quickness, and he his ability to make some quick cuts, but as you age you lose a little of that. I am not saying cannot play but he can, but time for ice time management and matchups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad