Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
That was a Bergeron esq high slot tip, god we missed a centermen with skills like that. We will likely get a few years above that 7.75 before the scales tip the other way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't notice him much out there, but can't argue with the production.
I am with you, not noticeable at all, but he is picking up points, Zacha is driving that line right now.

That was a Bergeron esq high slot tip, god we missed a centermen with skills like that. We will likely get a few years above that 7.75 before the scales tip the other way.
TOO!! much cap space tied up with this guy, sorry the line is helping him not him helping the line.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I am with you, not noticeable at all, but he is picking up points, Zacha is driving that line right now.

TOO!! much cap space tied up with this guy, sorry the line is helping him not him helping the line.
Maybe it’s Lindy that’s driving Zacha. Maybe Lindholm makes those around him better. For example, I’ve noticed that Pasta is hitting the net more consistently on his onetimers, whereas he’s always has a tendency to miss wide (going for corners no doubt). Maybe he’s getting the puck earlier and in more open space. In any case, it’s the line that matters, not the individuals. It’s like in music - it’s the rhythm section that matters, not the drummer, bass player or piano player individually.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maybe it’s Lindy that’s driving Zacha. Maybe Lindholm makes those around him better. For example, I’ve noticed that Pasta is hitting the net more consistently on his onetimers, whereas he’s always has a tendency to miss wide (going for corners no doubt). Maybe he’s getting the puck earlier and in more open space. In any case, it’s the line that matters, not the individuals. It’s like in music - it’s the rhythm section that matters, not the drummer, bass player or piano player individually.
For the money he is making, he should do all the driving and more, good player but overpaid, third line in Vancouver, should tell you something, Sweeney had to have though.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If he and Pastrnak get in synch and get each others' timing down, they'll be dangerous.

I see a lot of quick passes out of nowhere and sudden shifts from Lindholm. So far a lot of them are just out of his linemates' reach. I can see how getting dealt from Calgary to Vancouver mid season caused him to underperform - he's clearly not a vanilla plug in and play anywhere kind of center. He absolutely needs to get in a groove with his linemates and they have to have the sixth sense of knowing where he's looking to cut and pass.

And there were a lot of times on the PP where he looked like he was playing hot potato with McAvoy or making one pass too many. But if they all get on the same page, look out. He's looking like the best bumper guy they've had, and that includes Bergeron.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
For the money he is making, he should do all the driving and more, good player but overpaid, third line in Vancouver, should tell you something, Sweeney had to have though.

He's bringing good D and driving possession and putting up offense while he, Zacha and Pastrnak learn each other. Newsflash, it takes time for a new line to gel

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If he and Pastrnak get in synch and get each others' timing down, they'll be dangerous.

I see a lot of quick passes out of nowhere and sudden shifts from Lindholm. So far a lot of them are just out of his linemates' reach. I can see how getting dealt from Calgary to Vancouver mid season caused him to underperform - he's clearly not a vanilla plug in and play anywhere kind of center. He absolutely needs to get in a groove with his linemates and they have to have the sixth sense of knowing where he's looking to cut and pass.

And there were a lot of times on the PP where he looked like he was playing hot potato with McAvoy or making one pass too many. But if they all get on the same page, look out. He's looking like the best bumper guy they've had, and that includes Bergeron.
He wasn't doing much in Calgary before he went to Vancouver, might be a good player but not great and cetainly not worth the pay he is collecting. ..... But we can wait and see.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The other thing I've noticed is that, while not the most physical guy in the world, he can dig and win pucks in the corner. Last year on the PP against big teams like Florida when pucks went low and I saw Coyle was the center going after them, I knew they weren't getting the puck back.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The other thing I've noticed is that, while not the most physical guy in the world, he can dig and win pucks in the corner. Last year on the PP against big teams like Florida when pucks went low and I saw Coyle was the center going after them, I knew they weren't getting the puck back.
He popped a Hab pretty well last night. Might have been one of their smurfs but I can't remember.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Third line for half a season in vancouver, first line for many seasons in Calgary.

I don’t expect him to keep this pace up all year but he’s going to have an excellent year with Pasta and Zacha on his wings.

He looks like he’s fitting right in place

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I have watched Lindholm a ton here in Calgary and he is a very good player.He has 4 pts in his first 2 games what more u expect?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Right, a beauty set up to Pasta and sound defensively. . .
I am more impressed then I thought he would be.

He is also a plus 2. . . .

Even more impressive, he has 1 total on ice GA and 0 at even strength. In total he has 5 GF (2 at ES, 2 on the PP and a SHG) he's been as advertised so far

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Third line center in Vancouver for a month and 8 years as a first line center / wife pregnant back home in Calgary, and you land on this

This take is the stuff that could knock me out as the Joey Chestnut of bad takes/worst poster

• Haha
Reactions: jgatie

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have watched Lindholm a ton here in Calgary and he is a very good player.He has 4 pts in his first 2 games what more u expect?
Did you really see him do anything, I didn't pts are pts I get it , but put the stat sheet away and nothing, he is along for the ride. That cap space could have been served at another time 7 freakn years of this guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Over the volcano

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Third line center in Vancouver for a month and 8 years as a first line center / wife pregnant back home in Calgary, and you land on this

This take is the stuff that could knock me out as the Joey Chestnut of bad takes/worst poster
Well thank you very much, I will take that as a compliment,. Read what I said he is not worth that kind of money not because he is not a bad player but he is not an 8 million dollar player, was there anyone else knocking down his door. 7 years my friend, if I am still around I will put up some of these posts...hahahaha

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Did you really see him do anything, I didn't pts are pts I get it , but put the stat sheet away and nothing, he is along for the ride. That cap space could have been served at another time 7 freakn years of this guy.
Thought he was a bright spot both nights - pp looks better than it has in years IMO. Short sample size but it's the only sample we have so far

Reactions: dugg133

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Well thank you very much, I will take that as a compliment,. Read what I said he is not worth that kind of money not because he is not a bad player but he is not an 8 million dollar player, was there anyone else knocking down his door. 7 years my friend, if I am still around I will put up some of these posts...hahahaha
it's a contract that's very clearly meant to go all in on the next 3-4 years while McAvoy and Pasta are in their prime, I doubt even Sweeney thinks it's gonna look great 7 years from now. And who cares if it doesn't we're likely rebuilding by then.

And if he hits like 60-70 points while playing good 2-way hockey at 5v5, is an effective bumper on PP1 and is PKing... well that kind of is an 8mil player in today's NHL.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
it's a contract that's very clearly meant to go all in on the next 3-4 years while McAvoy and Pasta are in their prime, I doubt even Sweeney thinks it's gonna look great 7 years from now. And who cares if it doesn't we're likely rebuilding by then.

And if he hits like 60-70 points while playing good 2-way hockey at 5v5, is an effective bumper on PP1 and is PKing... well that kind of is an 8mil player in today's NHL.
Zacha and coyle had 59 and 60pts last year and ummm let me look the 2 combined are not much more than Lidholm, like I said who was knocking down his door to sign him to that kind of contract, and I am sure there where teams that would like him and they should, but that little thing called a contract got in the way.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Zacha and coyle had 59 and 60pts last year and ummm let me look the 2 combined are not much more than Lidholm, like I said who was knocking down his door to sign him to that kind of contract, and I am sure there where teams that would like him and they should, but that little thing called a contract got in the way.
Coyle signed his contract 5 years ago in a completely different cap environment and Zacha signed his like halfway through 2022-23 when he had a career high of 36 points. Both those guys get more on the open market if they hit it this summer.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Coyle signed his contract 5 years ago in a completely different cap environment and Zacha signed his like halfway through 2022-23 when he had a career high of 36 points. Both those guys get more on the open market if they hit it this summer.
Neither of those players are on the market next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad