Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Isn't that kind of how most NHL goals are scored

Lots of goals are scored via high skills play, like a Pasta or Patty Kane type of goal. Lindholm doesn't strike me as a guy that's going to wow with his skills or a laser shot or blowing past defenders but gets the job done by reading the play and being in good position.

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
Lindholm's deal can very quickly turn out horribly especially if his 23-24 seasons is the start of a decline & isn't just an outlier bad year.

That said we desperately need to win a cup with Pasta & he helps the B's get closer to that goal. Despite the red flags I'm pretty confident in the Bruins pro scouting that Lindholm's pedestrian 2024 season was just a one off & that his eventual decline won't happen until year 4-5 if it happens at all during the deal. As long as he provides 60+ points with Selke caliber defense I think he's worth that contract. Excited to see how he fits on the team!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Lindholm's deal can very quickly turn out horribly especially if his 23-24 seasons is the start of a decline & isn't just an outlier bad year.

That said we desperately need to win a cup with Pasta & he helps the B's get closer to that goal. Despite the red flags I'm pretty confident in the Bruins pro scouting that Lindholm's pedestrian 2024 season was just a one off & that his eventual decline won't happen until year 4-5 if it happens at all during the deal. As long as he provides 60+ points with Selke caliber defense I think he's worth that contract. Excited to see how he fits on the team!
agreed. I was initially upset with the overpay deals to him and Zadorov, but then I realized what the plan must be: they are going for it for the next 3 or so years while Pasta, McAvoy, and Swayman are in still in their primes. Then, with few or no blue chips in the pipeline, probably a big rebuild. So sure, overpay in AAV and especially years on deals for E Lindholm and Zadorov because they will make the team better for the next three or so years and then it doesn’t matter that the back half of their deals will be negative value contracts as they regress with age because those will be rebuilding years anyway.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
agreed. I was initially upset with the overpay deals to him and Zadorov, but then I realized what the plan must be: they are going for it for the next 3 or so years while Pasta, McAvoy, and Swayman are in still in their primes. Then, with few or no blue chips in the pipeline, probably a big rebuild. So sure, overpay in AAV and especially years on deals for E Lindholm and Zadorov because they will make the team better for the next three or so years and then it doesn’t matter that the back half of their deals will be negative value contracts as they regress with age because those will be rebuilding years anyway.
Marchand is also 36 and probably only has a couple years left in him where he still "has it"

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
While watching the videos of Lindholm, I agree he does remind me of Bergy but I think he has a better shot. What he does very well is let it go and does not try to over think or over pass. It was nice to Johnny Hockey and his uncanny passes, most were the direct feeds to Lindholm. What a tragic loss for the hockey community.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He definitely will help balance things and be used in all situations overpay? Yes but had no choice had to get someone in the middle that can eat up minutes nice player but not #1 center. Bigger issue is lack of offense as it is we are hoping a Providence kid can fill second line minutes along side a againg coyle and marchand. Not enough horses to carry the mail consistently especially if any of the top 5 get hurt for a extended period
That being said with the d and goalies we should win our share 2-1. 3-2. Playoffs need to be addressed by adding at deadline
Honestly we don't know if he isn't a #1C. FO and defensively he clearly is, so his chemistry with #88 will determine if he is or isn't. Great chem and he would be considered 22-32 top center.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad