Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Over the last 5 years, Lindholm has averaged 69 points per 82; 28-41-69
He only played 82 games once, and that 2021-22 season juiced you numbers, but nice trying to take advantage of that. I am soso on using plus -minus, but that is not his strong point.

• Haha
Reactions: PB37

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
For anyone interested here's a look at Lindholm's numbers...

Over the last 6 seasons...
444gp, 154 goals, 215 assists, 369 points or 28 goals, 40 assists, 68 points per 82.

If you take out his best season (for some reason) he averages 25 goals, 40 assists and 65 points per 82. (362, 112-175-287)

If you take out his best season and his worst season he averages 28 goals, 41 assists and 69 points per 82. (287-97-146-243)

In those 6 seasons he got Selke votes four times, finished top10 in voting three times, and was runner up once.

Hopefully, he ages like Marchand, Bergeron and Coyle and not Backes.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

444gp, 154 goals, 215 assists, 369 points or 28 goals, 40 assists, 68 points per 82.

If you take out his best season (for some reason) he averages 25 goals, 40 assists and 65 points per 82. (362, 112-175-287)

If you take out his best season and his worst season he averages 28 goals, 41 assists and 69 points per 82. (287-97-146-243)

In those 6 seasons he got Selke votes four times, finished top10 in voting three times, and was runner up once.

Let me give you another set of numbers, 30years old less than 2 months after season start
$ $7,750,000--- a 3 mil pay increase, for 15 goals, 44 pts, makes you think what will they give Freddy for his 40 points , and 5 years younger.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Let me give you another set of numbers, 30years old less than 2 months after season start
$ $7,750,000--- a 3 mil pay increase, for 15 goals, 44 pts, makes you think what will they give Freddy for his 40 points , and 5 years younger.
What do you think Lindholm's goal/point total is this year? Assume he's healthy (>75 games).

Reactions: HustleB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What do you think Lindholm's goal/point total is this year? Assume he's healthy (>75 games).
Well not sure I, can put a number on it, and not answer a question with an answer, do you think you will get your 8 mils worth out of this guy, I don't.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005

Love what you did. Just like real estate, you eliminate the high and low numbers, and average the rest. Very fair.

I would say 20+ goals, and playing with Pasta, 40+ assists. I'll go with 65 points.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Well not sure I, can put a number on it, and not answer a question with an answer, do you think you will get your 8 mils worth out of this guy, I don't.
I'm not asking if he's going to be worth it for all 7 years, just what you think his point total is year one. Thought it'd be pretty simple to answer.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Watched him his whole time with the Flames. I think you guys are going to like him. Very responsible defensively, quite strong on the boards for his size, transports the puck competently, and has a great medium range wrister. Smart player who when motivated is a real quality centerman.

He centered the best line in hockey in 2022. Sure Gaudreau and Tkachuk were great and more offensively gifted definitely but Lindy was the guy in the guts digging the puck out of their zone for them. Swedish centers tend to age well too if there aren't a ton of injuries. He's not Patrice Bergeron because well no one is, but this is a discount knockoff version. Doesn't really excel at any one thing but an all around quality player. His production will likely depend on finding some chemistry.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I'm going to enjoy Lindholm, can't worry about 7 years down the road.
This is the only way to look at his contract, IMO. It was a big overpay in AAV and regression year term, but he will make the team better for the next 2 to 3 years hopefully before the regression really kicks in and then the team will probably be in a rebuild for the back half of his contract.

Poitras may one day become a 2C, but it likely isn’t happening this season or next. With no other options, they had to overpay in free agency.

Same premise goes for Zadorov’s contract. This summer was about going for it for a few years before a painful rebuild.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

In 2022-23 Lindholm put up 22g and 42a for 64 total points while playing alongside Tyler Toffoli and Dillon Dube.

I don't expect him to hit 80+ like he did with Tkachuk and Gaudreau - but Lindholm is going to blow his 2022-23 stat line out of the water alongside Pastrnak and Zacha.

Put me down for 30g and 45a minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: pemulis and PB37

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
In a vacuum it’s an “overpayment”, albeit I don’t think by as much as some people think. It’s 2024, not 2016. 10+ million dollar AAV contracts aren’t even really rare at this point.

At the end of the day, if the Bruins wanted to add a top center, they were obligated to go into the UFA market. That’s just the deal right now. If you go into the UFA market, you are quite literally required to outbid every other team (minus whatever “discount” a player is potentially willing to take for a given team). Top centers are rare commodities. We may not all like the price tag but it very much makes sense given the circumstances.

Lindholm is here to make the team better. It’s very hard to believe he could have anything but a very positive affect on the top 6 given the personnel, specifically at center, the team was working with last year. The contract certainly carries risk but assuming we all want to win, was there a better option to be had? This is what gets lost in all the sniping back and forth by those who say it’s a terrible move by Sweeney. Did you have a better idea for how to field a competitive team for less money given the situation?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This is the only way to look at his contract, IMO. It was a big overpay in AAV and regression year term, but he will make the team better for the next 2 to 3 years hopefully before the regression really kicks in and then the team will probably be in a rebuild for the back half of his contract.

Poitras may one day become a 2C, but it likely isn’t happening this season or next. With no other options, they had to overpay in free agency.

Same premise goes for Zadorov’s contract. This summer was about going for it for a few years before a painful rebuild.

Over the last 50 years, how many painful rebuilds have the Bruins had?

22G / 40A - 62 points

27G/58A -85 points

• Love
Reactions: Son of Donegal

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Somewhere in the 65-70pt range. Anything more than that would be a bonus. Anything less than that would be disappointing.

The health of Pastrnak needs to be a consideration as well, when projecting numbers for Lindholm.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Somewhere in the 65-70pt range. Anything more than that would be a bonus. Anything less than that would be disappointing.

The health of Pastrnak needs to be a consideration as well, when projecting numbers for Lindholm.
Its all coming down to his chemistry with 88. He is the closest thing to #37 they could possibly get in FA.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
My boldest prediction: By the end of the season Elias Lindholm will not be centering David Pastrnak. They don't have complementary games in the offensive zone. Lindholm is not good at setting up his linemates. He excels at finding space and getting his shot off quickly. The team will eventually realize this and split them up and it will be good for both of them.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
My boldest prediction: By the end of the season Elias Lindholm will not be centering David Pastrnak. They don't have complementary games in the offensive zone. Lindholm is not good at setting up his linemates. He excels at finding space and getting his shot off quickly. The team will eventually realize this and split them up and it will be good for both of them.
Geniunely curious: who do you think moves to C with Pasta in this situation? Poitras or Coyle, or Zacha back to C?

It does make sense, in his best year with Gaudreau/Tkachuk, those are both guys who are more passer than shooter

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Geniunely curious: who do you think moves to C with Pasta in this situation? Poitras or Coyle, or Zacha back to C?

It does make sense, in his best year with Gaudreau/Tkachuk, those are both guys who are more passer than shooter

Lindholm isn't Daniel Sedin...but he is absolutely an above average, multi-tool player. He can dish, shoot and dig for pucks.

Keep in mind, Zacha and Pastrnak aren't exactly slouches in the playmaking department.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Hot take.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Lindholm isn't Daniel Sedin...but he is absolutely an above average, multi-tool player. He can dish, shoot and dig for pucks.

Keep in mind, Zacha and Pastrnak aren't exactly slouches in the playmaking department.
I agree. I also don't think Lindholm should be expected to be a Krejci-type passer finding Pasta at every opportunity. It's going to be a two way (or three way?) street with the entire line. I think Pastrnak is one of the best passing wingers in the league, and is going to find Lindholm in the slot a lot this year.

Pasta: 45 goals, 70 assists
Lindholm: 30 goals, 45 assists
Zacha: 25 goals, 35 assists

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad