Player Discussion Elias Lindholm

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
We got best C on the free agents market?

Zadorov in, Gryz and Forbort out, the latter was a decent pker.

So far so good

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm pleased. They can't be done, but I'm pleased.

Maybe these guys are overpaid a bit, although I'm personally comfortable with the Lindholm contract, but I'd rather slightly overpay a top 6 center than a bottom 6 role player

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Zadorov 6'6" 248 lbs. Guy is huge. Get Chara to coach him. Bruins net front is going to be a tough place to hang out once again.

We got more size. If you f**k with Pasta, we are going to f**k with your top guy. Hello Matt Tyousuck!

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Landed 2 of the bigger fish in free agency, not bad at all.

I'm disappointed Donnie didn't sign Nosek and Hathaway :laugh:

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I'd argue this contract should decide Sweeney's career. This is the fruits of not having a draft or trade solution at center.

He once again buys a reclamation project, but we'll see how this one looks 2 years in. I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDiesel

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We are a better team today than yesterday.
And with the Cap taking a big jump next year it will look all the better.

Yes, and that is the only real way to measure the off-season. I am pretty pumped for next season already. It's going to be a loooooong summer from here till October.

Reactions: Gee Wally

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Great signing. IMO, what Zacha and Pasta need is a guy who plays around the net, who plays well defensively and who's really smart.

They got "good around the net" from Bertuzzi and the line was fantastic. Lindholm has some of those qualities. He will make plays from below the goal line, he regularly plays with his heels on the crease.

Lindholm also brings that defensive conscience and smarts that the line lacks. He's going to help them get out of their end, he's going to create turnovers with hits and hustle, and he's going to make smart plays in both directions.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Great signing. IMO, what Zacha and Pasta need is a guy who plays around the net, who plays well defensively and who's really smart.

They got "good around the net" from Bertuzzi and the line was fantastic. Lindholm has some of those qualities. He will make plays from below the goal line, he regularly plays with his heels on the crease.

Lindholm also brings that defensive conscience and smarts that the line lacks. He's going to help them get out of their end, he's going to create turnovers with hits and hustle, and he's going to make smart plays in both directions.
I hope you’re right, Bill. Really hope you’re right.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I hope to be wrong, but I don't love the player or the contract. As a long-term 2C, I think I'll be okay with it. We shall see how things turn out.

One aspect that makes me feel a bit better than I initially felt -- Bergeron and Krejci's richest contracts with the Bruins took up ~10.6% of the cap limit at the time of their signing. Lindholm's new deal uses ~8.8%.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The 2 guys I most wanted in free agency and we got them both. How happy am I?

I think the contracts are good, the term is good, and we now have an absolutely amazing D. Zadorov is a true beast.
This isn't them, but it's as close as we could get to Chara and Bergeron as you could get in this free agency. Now just sign Swayman and bring on 2025!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope you’re right, Bill. Really hope you’re right.
He is

Said like a coach

Bang on

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
His offense never clicked for us, but he was used more as a 3C in Vancouver. We tried using him on Petterrson's wing, but it just didn't work.

He scored some massive goals for us, he's amazing at faceoffs, but I always felt his defensive game was his best quality. He was routinely matched up against the opposing teams best players, and he never looked out of place.

Offensively he knows where to be and he has a deceptively good shot! I can't say much, because it honestly just felt like he never meshed with our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad