Dreger: Elias Lindholm will get 8M+ per year through free agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Anyone signing him for 7 years is going to be sadly dissapointed when they get the regular season Lindholm that played for Calgary and the nucks

Over paying for a player based on one good play off run is a horrible idea

There is no way with Laine and Gaudreau there signing him and they don't even need a center, they have Fantilli, Johnnsson, Sillinger, Jenner
You both mentioned the reasons he should sign there in Gaudreau and Laine, where he's all but guaranteed to play with at least one of them. But failed to mention the player that might keep them from needing to sign Lindholm in Voronkov. Depending on his off-season and if he's able to avoid a sophomore slump, he could become that 2/3C competing with Sillinger. Not to mention LDBB and possibly someone like Lindstrom starting to to push for time by year 2 or 3 of Lindholms 7 year deal.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
This would be a very dumb signing. He’s a good player, but he’s not a star, he’s a solid middle 6 forward. $6-6.5 mil is fair, $7 mil a bit overpaid … but $8 mil, that’s clearly too much.

Only way I could see $8 mil is if it’s a bad team with money to burn, and the term is very short. But even then it seems misguided.

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
Eh, $5M for a 2-3C isn't that much. Also adds a veteran that our younger guys can learn from. He is a good defensive forward after all.
He’s a good player Crewi, but people who told me that Anthony Cirelli was overpaid at 6.25 million was too much I guess should be thinking again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad