Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Honestly I have no interest in Nurse, he won't ever be good enough to play on the top pairing, and we have tons of LD prospects.

A 2nd is nothing most likely a bust.

So it's a downgrade from Matthews to Drai (Drai hasn't proven he can be a #1 C yet.. I get neither has Matthews, but Matthews potential >>> Drai).

Honestly, someone else nailed it. We would need to fill a need here, and get a C replacement, and get something else.

So Draisatl + Larsson + 1st unprotected

Most likely

Honestly I don't even make that trade because Matthews will be better than Draiastl and I think the difference will be huge. To be honest, and Edmonton fans must understand this when they think of trading McDavid, it would take

Draisatl + Poolparty + Larsson

It would take that big of an over payment for us to move him. Next year Nolan Patrick isn't near Matthews, so there is no where forus to find a franchise C. We are giving that up, we need it worth our while.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Matthews is as untouchable to the Leafs as Connor is to the Oilers. Trades might make sense value wise, maybe even massive overpayments but neither team would pull the trigger.
These players are financial gold to their owners and barring some falling out with their clubs will never be traded

Last edited:

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I can see EDM having in two years their top 6 being
Lucic, McD,Puljujarvi
Maroon, RNH, LD

Eberle will be moved because his 6 mil cap hit will be needed to pay these guys

I say no as I like EDMs depth and Mathews and McD contracts will be too much together otherwise iwould

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Watching McDavid and Matthews do their magic in the WCH wondering if there is a way to unite these two for good.

Toronto receives

RNH/Draisaitl +Nurse + 2nd (2017)

Edmonton receives

Matthews

How about:

Edmonton receives

Nylander + Gardiner + 2nd (2017)

Toronto receives

McDavid

Am I doing this right?

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Neither team is doing this. Edmonton would have to severely overpay for him. He is Toronto's McDavid, so just think about what we would trade McDavid for, nothing he is not available. Same goes for Mathews, just close this thread.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Watching McDavid and Matthews do their magic in the WCH wondering if there is a way to unite these two for good.

Toronto receives

RNH/Draisaitl +Nurse + 2nd (2017)

Edmonton receives

Matthews

this is gross.

Mcdavid is the only piece leafs would take for Auston

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
matthews is a few steps down from mcdavid

didnt look that way at the world cup

Matthews has a combined 8G,3A,11 pts in 12 games of world championships/world cup play btw

Mcdavid 1G,11A, 12 pts in 13 games

a few steps down? nope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad