Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
TML have been missing a #1C since forever . They now have 1 of the top 3 young C to come alone since Crosby why are they trading him for a lessor C again ? Fans of the TML should be happy they are rebuilding the right way and have some nice pieces , you don't screw that up .

Just glad the Leafs never won the McDavid lottery too . McDavid and Matthews would be sicking , Better then Crosby and Malkin in IMHO

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Sorry Leaf fans.

You guys got a beauty in Matthews, I'm a huge fan. Him and McDavid dominated together. I imagine they developed a friendship they'll have for the rest of their lives. Lets battle for Lord Stanley one day boys :yo:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I don't want to trade what it would take to get Matthews and I'm sure Toronto isn't all that enthused with sending their future franchise player packing before he even plays a game.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Not realistic. Drai, Nurse, unprotected 1st would be close value though.

What's the point of Nurse? He wouldn't even be on our roster because of the LHD depth (Rielly, Gardiner locked, with Marincin/Nielsen/Dermott/basically-all-our-D-prospects). I don't even like Nurse tbh even though he got thrown into a bad situation 1st year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toronto says no since they need a #1 C

but lets be real. Every single winger who has played with McDavid has looked like an all-star. Patrick Maroon and friggen Yakupov were near point per game players when they played with McDavid.

Eberle's point totals went from very sub par to over a ppg with McDavid.

He doesn't need a superstar winger. he needs a guy who can either finish or win board battles

Mcdavid gifted Matthews a goal, but the other goal and assist and goal he got were 100% on his own back.

gotta love the "everyone plays well with mcdavid comments"
not much more that Matthews can do really. dominant at the worlds and then the world cup as well.

If Mcdivid wasnt coming back, It would likely be Draisaitl, Larsson, and Nurse or something of that nature.
Nylander,Zaitsev and a 2nd surely wouldnt be close to getting connor would it?

think what you would want for Mcdavid and take away a little. thats what Matthews would cost

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
YAY! And then Edmonton can spend 24M per season on 2 centers! Can't wait!

2 centers that would guarantee them multiple cups. wouldnt want that right? the next Crosby/Malkin combo lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Mcdavid gifted Matthews a goal, but the other goal and assist and goal he got were 100% on his own back.

gotta love the "everyone plays well with mcdavid comments"
not much more that Matthews can do really. dominant at the worlds and then the world cup as well.

If Mcadiv wasnt coming back, It would likely be Draisaitl, Larsson, and Nurse or something of that nature.

think what you would want for Mcdavid and take away a little. thats what Matthews would cost

Matthews is awesome, he definitely showed the calibre of player he is.

His cost would be astronomical, he'll be a Leaf for a long time.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews is awesome, he definitely showed the calibre of player he is.

His cost would be astronomical, he'll be a Leaf for a long time.

Nailed it. unfortunately these two are likely to never team up again
(diffsrent nations, conferences, nhl teams Etc) boy was that fun to watch though

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Sorry Leaf fans.

You guys got a beauty in Matthews, I'm a huge fan. Him and McDavid dominated together. I imagine they developed a friendship they'll have for the rest of their lives. Lets battle for Lord Stanley one day boys :yo:
No need to apologize, it isn't like you guys haven't been bombarded with McDavid proposals....lol.

As for the OP, Leafs won't trade Mathews...period.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Lol@ some oiler fans implying Matthews only played well because he was on a line with McDavid.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Lol@ some oiler fans implying Matthews only played well because he was on a line with McDavid.

I literally never saw that implied once. Don't be so sensitive. When people say McDavid can make anyone look good, it is in reference to making Yak and Maroon look good. We all know Matthews does it on his own. We are just saying that it isn't necessary to have a winger with Matthews skill for McDavid to be dominant. Just like it doesn't take a McDavid type center or winger to make Matthews dominant.

Basically it is just saying this move is not necessary for anyone. And to reiterate, this thread was created to troll everyone. The OP is not an Oilers fan.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
2 centers that would guarantee them multiple cups. wouldnt want that right? the next Crosby/Malkin combo lol

i guess 2 is technically multiple, but really pens with crosby/malkin were not as dominant as you are implying here, they still needed the kessel trade and bonino trade and emergence of murray to win last year

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'll speak on behalf of Leafs fans and say what I say in every McDavid proposal thread....

NO TO ALL MATTHEWS PROPOSALS!!!

There you go, lock 'er up.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Watching McDavid and Matthews do their magic in the WCH wondering if there is a way to unite these two for good.

Toronto receives

RNH/Draisaitl +Nurse + 2nd (2017)

Edmonton receives

Matthews

EDM needs more 1st overall forwards? Because it's worked so well for them up til now? This proposal is great on paper but has no bearing on fielding a competitive team in the real world.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Leafs would have no interest in Nurse. They have enough young Dmen.

I guess the conversation starts with McDavid for Matthews.

Nope. That conversation doesn't get started any more than the original does.

The original is awful for both sides. Toronto loses their future franchise player for lesser parts, and Edmonton loses too many good pieces, ruining their depth, to get a great player who we don't need because we already have our franchise player going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad