Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Watching McDavid and Matthews do their magic in the WCH wondering if there is a way to unite these two for good.

Toronto receives

RNH/Draisaitl +Nurse + 2nd (2017)

Edmonton receives

Matthews

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I figured it would be something along the lines of either Matthews to edm or McDavid to Toronto

Neither will happen

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Watching McDavid and Matthews do their magic in the WCH wondering if there is a way to unite these two for good.

Toronto receives

Edmonton receives

Matthews

The only player they would trade Mathews for at least on this board, is Mcjeesus, I know that's ridiculous, but this is a team that hasn't had a player like Mathews since Sundin, and that was a long time ago.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The only player that I see Matthews being traded for is McDavid and that's obviously not happening. So no.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Drai + Larsson would make me think but realistically there's no deal remotely close to fair value that would go over well.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Lol. As if Edmonton is the one team in the NHL that needs yet another top center.

Talk about being greedy.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Never going to happen.

You want Matthews...would cost you McDavid.

Didnt think so.

And that's the end of that.

This response sums it up. The OP and everyone on here knows exactly how this thread would play out so what's the point in even creating it? Lock it up.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Never happening. EDM doesn't need anymore young C's anyways, remember they just drafted Pulju who is very likely going to be McDavids future winger.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007

Toronto receives

Edmonton receives

Matthews

Matthews is awesome but Mcdavid had Yakapov looking like an allstar. Makes no sense for the oilers..and likely makes no sense for TOR

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
This would be kind of like a Patrick Laine + Trouba + 1st round pick trade for McDavid - the value is there, but just wouldn't be done for optics.

Also, I would think Draisaitl has more value than RNH now, and I love RNH.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Toronto passes. No idea what Nurse becomes, a 2nd isn't that enticing and downgrading from Matthews to Drai is illogical. The Leaf have their Franchise centreman, they are loath to deal him beyond a ridiculous overpayment.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Toronto says no since they need a #1 C

but lets be real. Every single winger who has played with McDavid has looked like an all-star. Patrick Maroon and friggen Yakupov were near point per game players when they played with McDavid.

Eberle's point totals went from very sub par to over a ppg with McDavid.

He doesn't need a superstar winger. he needs a guy who can either finish or win board battles

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Lol. As if Edmonton is the one team in the NHL that needs yet another top center.

Talk about being greedy.

This response sums it up. The OP and everyone on here knows exactly how this thread would play out so what's the point in even creating it? Lock it up.

well the funny part is that OP is a Leafs fan so NO the Oilers fans are not being greedy here..

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
So the leafs get their first franchise center since sundown and just trade him away for scraps? Not going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad