Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio/Podcast Thread - Part 7

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
While Rishaug & the guys continue to do the best Oilers/NHL podcast in town, sometimes there's quite a delay on game nights as Ryan makes his way home to Sherwood Park, Brown finishes up on CHED before heading to St. Albert and Struddy does whatever he does. There are now 3 other Oilers postgame shows that come on immediately after the game: The 880 CHED (so weird) postgame show & Overtime Openline with Bryn Griffiths & Brownie, The Oil Stream Postgame on EST with Tom Gazzola, Hernan Salas & Matt Kassian and Sports 1440's new postgame show with Andrew Walker & Landon Ferraro. I generally catch Gazzola & Company before moving on to Got Yer Back (if they're doing a same night postgame pod).
Does our post game show actually have a lot of callers call in? I stopped listening to it last year. It doesn't even seem long. I see other markets who go 2 hours and take calls.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Does our post game show actually have a lot of callers call in? I stopped listening to it last year. It doesn't even seem long. I see other markets who go 2 hours and take calls.
Funny you ask that and sorry that I don't know the answer. The reason that I haven't caught CHED's Oilers & Elks postgame programming in years is because I don't want to listen to the rambling opinions of mostly dopey, repetitive and long-winded callers. Rishaug's podcast and Gazzola's live streamed internet radio show use YouTube's comments section and their text lines as the live dialogue outlet for fans wanting to give their opinions. Unlike open line call-ins, these formats allow for host & listener editing. I'm all for that.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Funny you ask that and sorry that I don't know the answer. The reason that I haven't caught CHED's Oilers & Elks postgame programming in years is because I don't want to listen to the rambling opinions of mostly dopey, repetitive and long-winded callers. Rishaug's podcast and Gazzola's live streamed internet radio show use YouTube's comments section and their text lines as the live dialogue outlet for fans wanting to give their opinions. Unlike open line call-ins, these formats allow for host & listener editing. I'm all for that.

This. I have zero interest in listening to the barely coherent ramblings of those post game callers.

Text and YouTube comments allows for the host to filter out the noise and read what is relevant and thoughtful rather than alot of the nonsense from callers.

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad