Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
As we all know Edmonton needs a fix. They have arguable the worst bottom 6 in the league and team D is a problem. Montreal has a team full of bottom 6 players and are a good trading-partner.

Edmonton get:

- Artturi Lehkonen 2,6M RFA 2022
- Joel Armia 3,4M UFA 2025

Montreal get:

- Kailer Yamamoto 1,175M RFA 2022
- Kyle Turris 1,65M UFA 2022
- Mikko Koskinen 4,5M UFA 2022
- 1st 2022

Edmonton get 2 reliable 3rd liners who are sound defensively. Montreal gets a 1st and Yamamoto to take the trash.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
"reliable 3rd liners" cost a 1st and a top 6 winger?

Turris and Koskinen are pure dumps. Thats 6M payroll - teams wont take thoose for free. Yamamoto is in no way a Top6 player at this point - he is a reclamation project. Armia&Lehkonen are just what Oilers need - reliable, defensively sound players with some finnishing ability. Best used as 3rd liners and on the PK.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Not worth it for the oilers lock er up.

You expect Oilers to get good players on ok contracts from UFA? Edmonton is hardly the place players wanna go to with discounts. If you want players - you have to make trades and preferrable players with some term. It usually costs something. Overpaid players you have enough of already.

Reactions: alasania94

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
You expect Oilers to get good players on ok contracts from UFA? Edmonton is hardly the place players wanna go to with discounts. If you want players - you have to make trades and preferrable players with some term. It usually costs something. Overpaid players you have enough of already.
It literally doesnt address any issues oilers have. It helps mtl out and a ton and gives them a top 6 rw when oilers lose a top 6 rw but get a 3rd line lw in return when lw are a dime a dozen?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
So bad for Edmonton lol.

Well, come up with something that doesnt involve McDavid and Draisaitl then. I suppose Edmonton would like to make the playoffs and this might actually help to turn the tide. Team-defense is whats lacking and theese guys bring that. McDrai wont be there forever so drafting is hardly the way to go with them. It`s either blow up the core or get the complimentary pieces now.

Reactions: DarthProbert

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
It literally doesnt address any issues oilers have. It helps mtl out and a ton and gives them a top 6 rw when oilers lose a top 6 rw but get a 3rd line lw in return when lw are a dime a dozen?

Who is that Top6 RW? Yamamoto hasnt been that in 2yrs. He has regressed for 2yrs. Lehkonen as a 3rd liner has as many points as Yamamoto, on tire-fire montreal with much better 2-way play.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Well, come up with something that doesnt involve McDavid and Draisaitl then. I suppose Edmonton would like to make the playoffs and this might actually help to turn the tide. Team-defense is whats lacking and theese guys bring that. McDrai wont be there forever so drafting is hardly the way to go with them. It`s either blow up the core or get the complimentary pieces now.
They need a 3c and a goalie more than anything else. If they are trading Yamamoto and a 1st, they should be filling those huge holes.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
But you offer 2 players with kinda bad contracts. So what did I miss?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
They need a 3c and a goalie more than anything else. If they are trading Yamamoto and a 1st, they should be filling those huge holes.

Every goalie the last decade has been bad in Edmonton. Its because the team-defense or lack off. Theese guys bring it. They can use McLeod as 3C with theese guys and the team looks a lot better.

Hyman - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Puljujärvi
Lehkonen - McLeod - Armia

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Who is that Top6 RW? Yamamoto hasnt been that in 2yrs. He has regressed for 2yrs. Lehkonen as a 3rd liner has as many points as Yamamoto, on tire-fire montreal with much better 2-way play.
Okay and yamo had a slump of 6games and yamo meshes good with drai. Also last i checked 7goals was better than 4. Theres 30 other teams with similar or better players. Also lehkonen is in his last year of the contract so with him producing he is a pure rental cause Guarenteed hell want more and allens numbers aint anything special so again oilers will kindly pass and this can get locked upbecause youre just getting offended that you think this gets you a first and a top 6 rw

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Okay and yamo had a slump of 6games and yamo meshes good with drai. Also last i checked 7goals was better than 4. Theres 30 other teams with similar or better players. Also lehkonen is in his last year of the contract so with him producing he is a pure rental cause Guarenteed hell want more and allens numbers aint anything special so again oilers will kindly pass and this can get locked upbecause youre just getting offended that you think this gets you a first and a top 6 rw

You understand the UFA-RFA difference? I`m pretty sure Yamamoto will have a higher raise than Lehkonen for "potential" even though numbers dont back it. What better players do you think you will get that fits the cap in Edmonton without giving up players and who will take trash back?
And who is the Top6 player? Yamamoto certainly isnt one. Hasnt been for 2yrs

Reactions: alasania94

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Habs fan here Lekhonen is a 4th liner who's really good defensively.

Armia has 1 goal in 30 games. He's overpaid and his contract is awful.

Don't know why Edmonton would give that much for 4th liners

Also it doesn't fix Edmonton problem with their goalie

I do - If their "Top6 Yamamoto" on a better team has the same points as 4th liner Lehkonen, playing on a better team with McDrai, as they are the 1C/2, I suppose lehkonen would atleast double his points. Beeing a lot better defensively would surely be a big upgrade.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Habs fan here Lekhonen is a 4th liner who's really good defensively.

Armia has 1 goal in 30 games. He's overpaid and his contract is awful.

Don't know why Edmonton would give that much for 4th liners

Also it doesn't fix Edmonton problem with their goalie
Hes just hurt because the offer is garbage.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I do - If their "Top6 Yamamoto" on a better team has the same points as 4th liner Lehkonen, playing on a better team with McDrai, as they are the 1C/2, I suppose lehkonen would atleast double his points. Beeing a lot better defensively would surely be a big upgrade.
You know what you add gally at 50% and take kassian ill say yes to the deal.

Reactions: Macheteops

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I’d imagine that the Oilers would use their 1st rounder to fill roster holes... not just swap cap dumps. They’d also be taking back the one dump in Armia that has term.

You could take the 1st out entirely and it’s still a lateral move. Yama has the most potential upside. Armia has the longest problematic contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ledge And Dairy

Turris and Koskinen are pure dumps. Thats 6M payroll - teams wont take thoose for free. Yamamoto is in no way a Top6 player at this point - he is a reclamation project. Armia&Lehkonen are just what Oilers need - reliable, defensively sound players with some finnishing ability. Best used as 3rd liners and on the PK.
I think you have a poor understanding of Edmonton's issues, their PK is good and they have fine defensive forwards. They dont have a coach that can conduct proper 5v5 hockey.

You are also talking about the cap dumps that Edmonton is send to Montreal and not accounting for the cap dump they are receiving in Armia

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If you don’t think Armia’s contract is awful then consider people call Barclays Goodrow overpaid at 3.6 million while he has exponentially better production.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I would believe that The Oilers can use those same pieces to get better players at the deadline.

That being said those 2 would be upgrades to their 3rd-4th lines (depending on cost)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad