Value of: Edmonton has a few needs to become a true contender .

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Now it is not likely any of these prospects are available as we need ELC . Just wanted to see what offers we can get and maybe there an offer that makes sense . Dollar for dollar has to go out/in . So something will have to go the other way or the dollars to work . I never listed Broberg because he is not available at all.

1) Holloway
2) Bourgault
3) Samorukov
4) Savoie
5)Lavoie
6) 2022 1st
7) McLeod
8)Benson . He more of a throw in .
9) Later picks 2022 and 2023

Cap dumps .

Koskinen who has not been bad this year so we aren't paying a 1st to move him
Turris
Klefbom if a team wants to move on from a player and wants the cap relief his LTIR provides
Koekoek a number 7 D
Perlini was great in preseason but stuck on the 4th line playing with cap players for 7 to 10 minutes a night

All are UFA at the end of the season except Klefbom

Needs

3rd line C - Holloway may fill this
2nd/3rd line RW - Bourgault may fill this
Goalie - So far Skinner is looking good so we probably don't trade for a goalie until we have a long look at Skinner to see what we really have .
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year .

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
IMO Rask fits perfect in Oilers. If he is willing to sign.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Derek grant makes sense , 4th prob gets it done

silf but doubt we move him
Rakell a maybe
Henrique w/ retention

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Could be, but anything's possible.

No, reportedly in the off season his agent received calls from several teams and he told them flat out no. I think he is an old school player who likes the fact he controls the situation. He is at home with his kids(remember the story with them). He has earned good money. Nothing is forcing him to stay longer than he needs

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If you’re taking Broberg off the table, you should be taking Holloway off as well. I’d go as fas as saying Borgault should be off limits as well.

Savoie, Samorukov, Lavoie and our 1st are the best pieces we realistically have available.

The 1st + Savoie is likely the best offering. So let’s hear what players might be available for that? Keep in mind we could make cap issues work involving a 3rd team and getting double retention while sending Kyle “The Shootout Assasin” Turris the other way.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I mentioned them in the other thread but Seattle looks like a logical trade partner.

Calle Jarnkrok is an impending UFA. He's a $2m cap hit and he's still looking for his first point.

There are a number of LDs that could shake loose.

And long-shot, but there are also three goaltenders there.

Reactions: LTIR

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Mrazek + Engvall for a 2nd + 3rd before the draft. Only reason Leafs do it is for cap purposes.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Adding pieces for the playoffs after the playoffs.

Perfect.
The leafs can't trade Mrazek unless the other team has a capable back up to send back. Koskinen isn't a capable back up and the Oilers want to keep skinner to see what they have in him.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Jordan Greenway for Samorukov with an expiring and maybe a pick coming back from EDM

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
We have a slightly used Dvorak here in MTL.

Your 1st + Lavoie/Savoie would do it :sarcasm::nod:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
What about a trade around Petry for Nuge? AAV is about the same. Oilers need to strengthen their D and Habs need experience up the middle

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What about a trade around Petry for Nuge? AAV is about the same. Oilers need to strengthen their D and Habs need experience up the middle
Nuge isn't waiving his NMC for MTL after signing a home discount deal with EDM.
Pretty sure EDM would be on Perry's no move list

Reactions: spaghtti

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
On a serious note as much as i dont like the player Tierney would be a good fit on Edmonton considering the Centers infront of him. He has been asked to do too much in ottawa well because its ottawa but in edmonton he should be able to play a more simplified game.

Tierney at 50% for an expiring contract not named Turris and a 2023 second?

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Now it is not likely any of these prospects are available as we need ELC . Just wanted to see what offers we can get and maybe there an offer that makes sense . Dollar for dollar has to go out/in . So something will have to go the other way or the dollars to work . I never listed Broberg because he is not available at all.

1) Holloway
2) Bourgault
3) Samorukov
4) Savoie
5)Lavoie
6) 2022 1st
7) McLeod
8)Benson . He more of a throw in .
9) Later picks 2022 and 2023

Cap dumps .

Koskinen who has not been bad this year so we aren't paying a 1st to move him
Turris
Klefbom if a team wants to move on from a player and wants the cap relief his LTIR provides
Koekoek a number 7 D
Perlini was great in preseason but stuck on the 4th line playing with cap players for 7 to 10 minutes a night

All are UFA at the end of the season except Klefbom

Needs

3rd line C - Holloway may fill this
2nd/3rd line RW - Bourgault may fill this
Goalie - So far Skinner is looking good so we probably don't trade for a goalie until we have a long look at Skinner to see what we really have .
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year .

congrats on already being a legit contender
minimal injuries + hot hand will play a strong role and it is not clear Oil can prevail but they are certainly a kick ass team, warts and all, for this yr.

-------------
Addressing your list:
Needs
3rd line C
2nd/3rd line RW
Goalie
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year

in another thread I offered you Rooney who covers that last item and can actually play mid 6. He is like min $ 750k. I valued him at a 2nd.
I also offered you expiring Geo at half which is worth a 2nd +

I added to these 2 2nds + value two more immediate 2nds, and you declined my offer.

I don't begrudge your right to decline, but do you see you are here asking for pieces I offered?

I don't think Holloway is/should be on the table, but if YOU chose to put him there, I'd be interested. It is not clear he projects to be a C at NHL, but still is an interesting speed bookend w/Kreider!

Here's a thought.
Native son Strome is best a fit for Leafs, as he would likely reup there for a bit less, say closer to 5 than 6+ on a short term 4 yr deal. Strome at half is worth a 1st, a 1st +.
They could just wait and go there after the season but there is a risk he takes more if he hits the market first.
So maybe:
Strome at half + 2023 3rd + Hajek
for TOR 2022 or 2023 1st [Leafs' choice] + Kerfoot + small add.

Then:
Geo retained + Rooney + Kerfoot retained + _________
for
Holloway + ____________

we may/may not be able to discuss Klef for LTIR relief, not sure if that helps Rangers or not.

thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad