Confirmed Trade: [EDM/VAN] Vasily Podkolzin for OTT '25 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Ottawa 4th more like a late 3rd. Value is pretty spot on. Maybe if he had a great preseason they could have got more? Too risky to lose him on waivers for nothing.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Official bust. Funny Canucks fans thought they got a steal at the draft too.
I mean, many did. I will admit, myself included

He was a top10 ranked prospect going into the draft. Number 2 European with NHL Central Scouting

draft rankings only go so far, but it's not ridiculous for Vancouver fans to have thought they got a great player back in 2019 lol

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
And hope to trade a pick before Kane goes off LTIR curious on how that game will go.
Good question. We'd need to trade probably Kulak and Ceci, but then somehow fill that 2nd pairing rhd - for very little cash. The only option for that would be Barrie I think at 1 million. Only because he'd be cheap, but also played over 1000 minutes with Nurse. They were ok playing together as a pair.

He was very well liked in the room too.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Do you have a link to this? I googled it and all the news I saw on this started on the day of the offer sheet.

There has been speculation about surgery dating back from before the trade deadline last season of course, and right after the playoffs too, but nothing firm (I could be wrong but I don't see the stories)
It was speculation from Stauffer at the time, but it was the morning before the offer sheets.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
I had hopes for him, his rookie season was pretty decent... but like Yogi said, "[the game] is 90 percent mental, the other half is physical". And Pod just didn't have the mental makeup to be successful. He's young and if the penny ever drops for him and stays dropped, the Oilers might have have picked up a decent player.
I'll feel bad rooting against him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Fairly self explanatory.

eye-roll-duh.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad