Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Haha-- yes I guess there's two of us who keep questioning this Lavoie thing.

Kane will probably be out most of the year so when you look at the organization and ask "who is like him--big, snarly, with some offensive ability" then to me Lavoie is the only replacement that comes to mind and he's very cheap.

I'm also guessing that he might make it on the 4th line with Perry and perhaps they put Ryan on waivers instead. At age 37, I don't think there would be too many takers.

Yup, starting to look that way. Go with a 20 man roster and Kane to LTIR and Broberg would just slide in under the ceiling.

BTW you can bet that the Oilers will be looking to even the score (no pun intended) with the Blues down the road.

Looking at Puckpedia’s latest tweet, I think we can be compliant with a 22 man roster.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I don't know why people here think this is a bad trade? He's 23, still has potential, and he wanted out of Vancouver. Plus if you let Holloway walk for a 3rd, you basically replaced Holloway and upgraded our 4th to a 3rd. Whether we match Broberg or not is to be seen, but from what the Canuck fans are saying, a lot of them are upset he's gone, so this could turn into our favor. I'm good with this. Let's see what else is in store the next 2 days.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
At least this org is finally showing they’re willing to think outside of the box and be creative.

This move doesn’t happen under Holland (although tbf the O/S probably doesn’t either)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like it even if it may not work out. These are the buy-low kind of moves for young players we should be looking more into since we're likely going to be trading picks at trade deadlines and Holloway and Broberg has priced themselves out (most likely).

Should have taken a flyer on Adam Boqvist too, we didn't know then that Broberg would sign an offer sheet unfortunately.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers will probably be making a lot of these types of trades in the next few years. Need young cheap players for the bottom lines. Holloway was supposed to be that, but he (or his agent who got played by Ferris) had other plans.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No more Parayko to edmonton deals anymore lmao.

I want the Oiler to wait until 6:59am to match Broberg. St.Louis Blue balls.
Wasn't Bowman the guy who screwed up big time in Chicago by missing an RFA deadline by like an hour?? I'd rather we just match the sheet as soon as we decide to lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The 90s Oilers kinda employed this strategy, their drafting was shit, but they ended up with a bunch of good young players because they kept taking chances on young player projects like Weight, Guerin, Marchant, Grier, etc. etc.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t understand why Vancouver would help us out and trade VP for a 4th. That’s pretty much like giving him away. Hopefully he refunds his game with the change of scenery.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So it looks like Ceci and Holloway out--Broberg, the son of Ember and the Russian kolkhoznik in.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Perry is not going to be effective on the fourth line. He’s slow and (based on playoffs) kind of lazy. I wouldn’t be at all disappointed to see him start in Bakersfield. Hopefully some players show up to camp motivated to take his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad