Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
When I get home, I’ll give you all a much more detailed opinion on Podkolzin. I’ve watched nearly every one of his NHL games and many of his AHL appearances.

**Update:**

OK, let’s get into it. First of all, it’s really important to mention that Podz was a fan favorite here in Vancouver. I’m 100% sure the market is not going to react well to this, whatsoever.

One of the big reasons for that is because he’s extremely likable. If there’s one thing you absolutely cannot question, it’s his work ethic. He’s one of the hardest-working players I’ve ever seen.

He’s always the last guy off the ice and the first one at the rink, according to reports.

Now, as for his actual talent:

I’ll say this: he’s one of the most perplexing players I’ve watched. There’s clear skill, especially when he’s driving play. He’s a bit of a bull in that regard. He does show flashes of skill, which makes you wonder if he’ll ever fully figure it out.

He’s not the best skater in the world, but he’s not the worst either. He’s pretty average overall. His hands, however, seem made of stone right now. Ironically, he has a pretty nice passing ability and occasionally shows great vision.

He’s just a very odd hockey player. He has tools that make you think, “OK, this guy is definitely going to be a third or fourth liner in the league.”

And it doesn’t make sense, considering how strong and big he is.

When he’s noticeable, though, he’s extremely noticeable. He’s all over the ice, dictating play.

It’s also important to know that he overthinks a lot, which causes problems.

He also has a really nice shot, but he just never seems to finish.

There’s definitely an NHL player there. He has potential, and honestly, I think he’s going to do really well in Edmonton.

You guys should be thrilled that you got him for such a cheap price.

There you have it☝️

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Buh bye Holloway I guess.

Podkolzin hasn’t shown much at this level. Guess we hope he can find a new opportunity and flourish here.

Reactions: McDoused

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Without Holloway our 4th line would have had Ryan and Perry. I was actually hoping for a younger forward with some grit that isn’t too expensive. I wouldn’t mind another similar player to be honest but this is alright

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Without Holloway our 4th line would have had Ryan and Perry. I was actually hoping for a younger forward with some grit that isn’t too expensive. I wouldn’t mind another similar player to be honest but this is alright
Podkolzin is a place holder til Kane comes back

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Sad that this means Holloway is gone. Pod isn't waiver exempt and he would definitely be claimed if he went through.

This is where I remind myself to only get emotionally attached to McDavid and Draisaitl (Hyman and Bouch seem safe too).

Reactions: McDoused and Faelko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad